It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs over Ireland spotted by two different pilots

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

So I suppose all ufo sightings by pilots must be either meteors, rockets, or Chinese lanterns? Thanks for clearing that up, nothing to see here folks, or if there is it must be some known phenomenon that is always misidentified as unknown.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
American Meteor Society has added it to their register as a fireball:

www.amsmeteors.org...

The only problem to that: Is that foo fighters sometimes camouflage themselves a "fireballs" --- Whether on purpose or not.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

So I suppose all ufo sightings by pilots must be either meteors, rockets, or Chinese lanterns? Thanks for clearing that up, nothing to see here folks, or if there is it must be some known phenomenon that is always misidentified as unknown.

If you want to engage in a grown-up conversation I suggest you refrain from deliberately falsifying the opinions of people you disagree with.

posted on Nov, 17 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ufoofinterest

Is it at all interesting that the lights were perceived to be light yellow, yellow, green to dark green? Is this perceptual or could it provide indicators in regards to composition, amount of friction or which parts of the atmosphere, or anything else for that matter?

Any idea?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 05:48 AM
link   

So you don’t think what the pilots observed were meteors then?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

I am a hard-core UFO believer. And for this case I say: METEORS!

The only thing strange about this case is why the female pilot used the verb "to veer". An earlier post alluded to the possiblity that this was an optical illusion, involving turning her head. Also, if you watch the video below, one meteorite fades out while the other one remains visible. May also be an unusual perception leading to the impression of something "veering".

Commercial Pilots Report Multiple UFOs/UAPs Near Ireland
(see latest update)

edit on 20-11-2018 by SacredLore because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SacredLore

From your link.

While objects regularly enter the earth’s atmosphere, and some are quite spectacular looking if they make it to lower altitudes, they do not fly up alongside aircraft, make hard lateral maneuvers, and then accelerate away at high speed. And they definitely don’t climb away after descending. Pilots see shooting stars more than most and they aren’t children who comment on just any pretty sight they see with air traffic controllers. This was clearly a very unusual occurrence as seen from the cockpit.”

And the update I believe you were referring to.

Update 11-18-18: There were reported meteors or bolides in the air that night. This dash cam video has surfaced of what some claim is evidence of the bolides. Given the fact that meteors were spotted, the logical explanation would be that is what the pilots reported, conversely, one pilot reported the object “rapidly veered to the north,” which doesn’t fit with a bolide. Reportedly, authorities are still investigating the event. Whether bolides, UAP or both at the same time, all we really know is perfectly summed up by Mr. Rogoway when he said, “something very strange occured.”

So because meteors/bolides were reported that night (who reports that anyway?) that means what the pilots observed must have been the same thing? And the report of one “rapidly veered to the north” was probably because of an optical illusion? Couldn’t that be same thing be said about all ufo sightings?

Well if you’re so readily able to dismiss the sightings as meteors on these rather flimsy grounds that’s up to you. Personally I think the pilots would know a meteor when they see one and wouldn’t go to the trouble of reporting to air traffic control.

BTW I’m skeptical about such sightings but like the article says I think something very strange occurred.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   

So because meteors/bolides were reported that night (who reports that anyway?)

Um witnesses.

that means what the pilots observed must have been the same thing? And the report of one “rapidly veered to the north” was probably because of an optical illusion? Couldn’t that be same thing be said about all ufo sightings?

NO

To ask such a question must mean you are implying that all UFO sighting are identical.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

Have you ever seen a meteor and felt the need to report it?

How am I implying all ufo sightings are identical? I asked wether all ufo sightings could be passed off as optical illusions seen as yet there is no solid evidence of what these things actually are. In no way does that suggest all sightings are identical.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

How am I implying all ufo sightings are identical? I asked wether all ufo sightings could be passed off as optical illusions seen as yet there is no solid evidence of what these things actually are. In no way does that suggest all sightings are identical.

If they all looked the same and have similar characteristics then yes they could but all UFO sightings don't look the same do they?

So asking if "all" UFO sightings could be explained away as optical illusions gives the impressions that they all look the same to be able to all have the same explanation.

Its not that hard to interpret, if that is not what you meant, sorry, but unfortunately you expressed it like they are to ask the question you did.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ok I take it English isn't your first language then? I don't see how asking if all ufo sightings could be explained as optical illusions implies that all sightings look the same. unless you believe all optical illusions look the same? Which they don't.

My point is simply this, just because meteors were observed that night, doesn't automatically mean that is what the pilots observed also.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

I agree, that night something could have been in the sky in addition to meteors. Would be quite a coincidence, but cannot be ruled out completely. But in my opinion this is a weak UFO case. As far as I can tell there is only one pilot who claims that the object veered. If I look at the YT video of the meteors I find those meteors have put on quite a show. I find it plausible that they could be mistaken for a single object that changes course if you are trying to fly a plane and see something flashing by.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

I don't see how asking if all ufo sightings could be explained as optical illusions implies that all sightings look the same.

So are not talking about the optical illusion that is being discussed in this thread that may be an explanation for how one of the pilots describes the UFO?

Looking at what I first quoted you just up a few posts, it seems you are talking about the Illusion of veering off that is being discussed.

So when you ask if all UFO sightings can be explained away as optical illusions then one thinks you are implying that optical illusion is the one being discussed and for that be an explanation for all then all sighting would have to look like space junk or rocks entering the atmosphere.

Ok I take it English isn't your first language then?

No, it is.

That is not the issue. It could be someones levels of attention or expression that are lacking.

Who knows

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

When you quote snippets of what I said out of context it doesn’t help your argument. I clearly said that all optical illusions don’t look the same, which you ignored in your response. Now if all optical don’t look the same how does that imply that all sightings would?

Also because one explanation for the object veering could be because of an optical illusion that doesn’t mean it actually was. It’s just speculation and I don’t like to make up my mind about something based on speculation. Nor grainy video footage, do we even know the meteor sightings were witnessed at the same time that the pilots observed what they reported? Or is that just another assumption to explain away what the pilots observed?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Is it at all interesting that the lights were perceived to be light yellow, yellow, green to dark green? Is this perceptual or could it provide indicators in regards to composition, amount of friction or which parts of the atmosphere, or anything else for that matter?

Any idea?

Well, we know for sure that the color of a meteor dependes on its chemical composition.
Source: www.accuweather.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   

When you quote snippets of what I said out of context it doesn’t help your argument.

I quoted the whole paragraph, what drugs are you on man?

I clearly said that all optical illusions don’t look the same, which you ignored in your response.

well then you are seeing things on your screen different to me, clearly?

here let me quote again so you can point out where you say that

So because meteors/bolides were reported that night (who reports that anyway?) that means what the pilots observed must have been the same thing? And the report of one “rapidly veered to the north” was probably because of an optical illusion? Couldn’t that be same thing be said about all ufo sightings? Well if you’re so readily able to dismiss the sightings as meteors on these rather flimsy grounds that’s up to you. Personally I think the pilots would know a meteor when they see one and wouldn’t go to the trouble of reporting to air traffic control. BTW I’m skeptical about such sightings but like the article says I think something very strange occurred.

This is just about everything in that post other than the 2 lines about the links.

I quoted the 1st paragraph as you had 2 paragraphs in that post.

My response was to what I was quoting, maybe you might have said it earlier in the thread.....wait.......

NO, you have not said anything like what you just claimed in this thread and certainly not clearly as you never say it.

It’s just speculation and I don’t like to make up my mind about something based on speculation.

Yes you like to make crap up as proven above.

do we even know the meteor sightings were witnessed at the same time that the pilots observed what they reported? Or is that just another assumption to explain away what the pilots observed?

Seriously Jim asked you to grow up because you got upset he didn't spoon feed you but gave you what you asked for and allowed you to look for yourself.

Now you want more things spoon fed to you.

The questions you ask are very easily answered by reading whats in this thread and following a few links or doing some basic internet research.

Now if all optical don’t look the same how does that imply that all sightings would?

hey I didn't post this quoted below again that can easily be interpreted that they do.

So because meteors/bolides were reported that night (who reports that anyway?) that means what the pilots observed must have been the same thing? And the report of one “rapidly veered to the north” was probably because of an optical illusion? Couldn’t that be same thing be said about all ufo sightings?

edit on 21-11-2018 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

People should remember the UFO pilot cases that the late Dr James E MacDonald investigated that Blue Book had termed meteors or cases of illusion. Dr MacDonald took apart a number of so called meteor explanations , he proved that pilots do and CAN report with crediblity and can be trusted in their reports. Very strange that those always promoting that pilots are NOT trustworthy enough ,or cannot diffrentate between a genuine unknown and a meteorite , never add the other side of this arguement, that is the findings of Dr James E MacDonald. Those that only stick to the one side of this debate , that is that pilots cannot be trusted and ignore the other side are not to be trusted i feel.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: KilgoreTrout

Any idea?

Nighttime foo fighters in our atmosphere, seem to exhibit different color power phases. Besides the green fireballs sometimes observed --- I've only seen two different color power phases from a foo fighter --- One...bluish-white (hi-power phase) and reddish-orange (low-power or landing phase).

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: K-PAX-PROT

Dr MacDonald took apart a number of so called meteor explanations , he proved that pilots do and CAN report with crediblity and can be trusted in their reports. Very strange that those always promoting that pilots are NOT trustworthy enough ,or cannot diffrentate between a genuine unknown and a meteorite , never add the other side of this arguement, that is the findings of Dr James E MacDonald.

Who promotes pilots as not being good observers?

Seriously find one post that says this.

So many persons use rational though and logic when they say the pilots are no better than anyone else at observation.

Why do posters use that logic, its because its always in reply to posts that imply pilots cannot make observational mistakes like this because they are 'trained' and then posters usually show that pilots can make observational mistakes.

I am very confident NO one has ever come into a thread and tried to promote what you suggest without a reason like i said above.

Those that only stick to the one side of this debate , that is that pilots cannot be trusted and ignore the other side are not to be trusted i feel.

again find any skeptic using this tactic.

Like said you can find numerous occasions where it is posted that pilots are just human but its always in reply pots trying to make them as exceptional or infallible observers simply because they are pilots.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

I quoted the whole paragraph, what drugs are you on man?

I wasn’t talking about the original post I made that you replied to but the following posts. Nice try though. Here’s what I wrote.

I don't see how asking if all ufo sightings could be explained as optical illusions implies that all sightings look the same. unless you believe all optical illusions look the same? Which they don't.

Here is what you quoted me saying.

I don't see how asking if all ufo sightings could be explained as optical illusions implies that all sightings look the same.

See the difference? You deliberately left out this bit unless you believe all optical illusions look the same? Which they don't.

You failed to address the fact that all optical illusions don’t look the same, which nulls your original response. So again if they don’t look the same how can it be interpreted in anyway that they do?

Yes you like to make crap up as proven above.

The only thing you’ve proven is that you can’t debate someone without taking things out of context or resorting to derogatory remarks like asking if I’m on drugs and accusing me of making crap up. You haven’t spoon fed me anything either, just failed to address my questions.

Neither you or anyone else has me convinced what the pilots observed were simply meteors and nothing else, it might have been or it might not. As yet though they remain unidentified flying objects.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join