It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Wants To Deport 10,000 refugees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Sounds like racism and xenophobia.... or is it logic and reason? Not sure which narrative we're following these days...

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Yeah well, American politics is all about that drama baby!

A2D

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: Agree2Disagree

But it's the rhetoric and over dramatic response from people that is creating an unwelcoming scene for immigrants and refugees.
Canadas leaders dont go on stage and sya they will be building walls and deporting people left right and center, they deal with it safely and calmly bot making a huge deal out of it.
That's the difference. Over reacting causes panic.
Britain makes a point of saying 'you ain't welcome if you ain't a genuine asylum seeker' to send the message they ain't welcome.
Open arms to non-asylum seekers seems nuts to me, is it a strange Canadian thing, like Merkel did in Germany?
EDIT
I watched a border force bust recently at a car wash. I knew they were all illegals but working their arses off so I would never have grassed on them, but I won't cry tears they got caught because someone grassed. It's cat n mouse, the cat won lol.
edit on 11-11-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Just make sure these people can properly fit into our society, that is reasoning. Why dump people into your society that disrupt it. It does not matter what color they are or what religion they are, there are lots of good colored people and lots of good Muslims that can be integrated properly into our society. Many of the Muslims, especially younger males who have been trained that rape is allowable under their law, cannot easily be reconditioned to fit into our society without disrupting the citizens here. That does not mean we cannot take good ones in that actually can benefit our society.

I know, I am a fool, trying to tie rationality to government makes as much sense as changing the sex of your cat

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

But you also have one who tells the truth like it or lump it and another who says what he thinks people want to hear and then does what he wants anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Can you please not make a big deal out of this?

... your kinda heating us out right now.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Of course Canada wants to stop the Irregular migrants!

Well, yea.........you can never tell when they are gonna crap themselves! Its a mess!

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Trudeau is a dolt for sure, but..
When did Canada ever say refugees were not going to be vetted? obviously some aren't meeting the standard.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

We have several million you can take a chance on. Get ready.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Yes, but won't backtrack the words against Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

But it's the rhetoric and over dramatic response from people that is creating an unwelcoming scene for immigrants and refugees.
Canadas leaders dont go on stage and sya they will be building walls and deporting people left right and center, they deal with it safely and calmly bot making a huge deal out of it.
That's the difference. Over reacting causes panic.

Ok, but it's not the same situation. Canada doesn't have to deal with Mexico like the U.S. does. That's the difference.

The U.S. apprehend several hundred thousand illegals each year. Canada apprehends maybe 30k. That's the difference.

Canada gets to sit up there and look pretty because it has the U.S. as a buffer. The U.S. has no buffer and is forced to have more secure borders and have harsher policies. That's the difference.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: scojak

You're right. And it has been dealt with for decades without it being in your face by a political leader. Like I said it only creates hysteria and more problems.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
You'd think governments would learn that while a noble gesture to welcome others with open arms, its just not sustainable in the long term without stringent methods to assure those coming will assimilate. What you have is a modge podge of people mainly just looking for a free ride in the name of persecution. If America/Canada really was a desire of theirs to integrate with, they would leave the backwards broken cultures at the border. The same ones that left them to arrive at our door step in the first place.

Next we're dealing with overtly touchy feely humans who believe that every man is created equal....in a sense yes, but not altogether. Their doctrine of give give give with nothing being returned for the effort is what has created this attitude of I don't need to conform to the country norms. Yes, each is unique and you can assimilate without losing culture, but to push it on the native populous and dictate that your will will become our fate?

That's what has diminished the quality and destroyed the meaning of immigration to our nations.

Because of that plus the burden of social programs in cost and backlogging, both Canada and the US have a sign that reads No Vacancy. We're top heavy and about to tip creating the very economic status of the countries they tried to flee in the first place.

If this continues unchecked. they will turn these nations to the 3rd world in no time. As for our extra muslim friends who bounce in? They have made their desires clear. To turn our nation into theirs.

History repeats, we learn nothing from it, then everyone crys about it when it happens.

posted on Nov, 11 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
It’s funny, your avatar is a guy that’s made millions of dollars by showing the world just how retarded right wing types are. The irony, it burns. ...... a reply to: Skywatcher2011

1. Stay on topic
2. Why are you mocking an actor, who is funny and made millions for himself, to a politician, who is a complete retarded pot head puppet who wastes millions of tax payers dollars?

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 06:22 AM
link   

It appears Trudeau had good intentions but not the resources/programs in place to handle any large immigration influx, so he learns quickly and does what is best for our country. At any rate, if you look at the numbers to population, Canada still accepts far more immigrants/refugees than the U.S. does and our immigration laws and requirements are much stricter.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The leaders of Canada were stupid, they are wising up now. We should not be cutting them down because they are learning from their mistakes.

Wrong. As a Canadian I think they should be ripped to shreds. This is nothing more than pandering to the public before next years election. They won't be removed but the govt will make it seem like they are taking action and then when the election is over this will fade away and the dregs will still be here.

I've seen this song and dance for 30 years from the Liberal Party scum my whole life.

Oh and for all the idiot Americans that advocate against the electoral college let me say in clear and concise terms: you are morons.

In Canada our elections(federal) are over after the votes from Ontario and Quebec are counted. The other provinces have next to no power and no say.

In the last federal election Fancy Socks avoided Alberta completely. This is despite the fact that Alberta IS THE economic engine of Canada. We have no say. No rights and no influence.

If we were in the States we would have a voice because of the electoral college. In Canada? Nothing.

That's your precious first past the post system.

You think the EC is outdated? That simply means that you are idiots. First past the post is an outdated system foisted on us by the British.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon
First past the post is an outdated system foisted on us by the British.

First past the post means you elect your individual member of parliament, so if the constituancy population sizes are the same I see it as a fair way to do it.
Hardly an idiot for thinking that just a different perspective. If you wish to debate first past the post without insults I'd be interested.
I vote for the person, not the party, the person I wish to be my voice in parliament. Some I've won, some I've lost, some I've written on my ballot why I don't like any of them. I like first past the post, similar numbers of populations voting for who they wish to represent them in the house. The majority gang forms the government.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think that there is little doubt that the immigration laws here in the US need to be completely revamped, starting with defining the purpose(s) of immigration.

As part of the revamping process, we need to define refugee and also how many refugees we can accept into our country in any given year. I think that other countries need to do this as well.

You also need to set forth the obligations of any refugee that you accept into your country and the penalties if the refugees do not uphold their obligations. Also, if you accept refugees, there should be a clear understanding about when they will go home.

I have a heart and want to help people in need but I don't think it is right to become a burden to your host country.

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I know right.

No one ever comes here...

posted on Nov, 12 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

It appears Trudeau... does what is best for our country...

FALSE

He does what is best to make him look as nice to the world as possible while putting Canada into more financial debt after the last PM balanced the books. Trudeau is driving Canadians into poverty by taxing the sh*t outta the working class and blowing money on stupid programs that DO NOT benefit the majority of the existing Canadian citizens in any way.

The leadership for Canada is being run by what seems like a teenager who hasn't even learned about how to run a country like a business. His vision is that of his dad's, Pierre, who wants to immigrate as many people into this country as possible. Why? Who the f**k knows...but all I know is that right now there is no sense of direction for the country at all. Maybe which is why pot is now legal to get Canadians high and keep them blind or oblivious as to how the country is being run hard into the dirt without prospering any working class citizen for that matter.

Btw..he only got into being PM by tricking many of the millennials who know absolutely NOTHING about economics and what a world leaders' responsibility is to his or her nation. They only say garbage that appeals to what people want to hear...and that is ANYTHING BUT THE TRUTH.

At least Trump says it as it is...I give him more credit for that than someone who responds to questions with a bunch of "Ummmms" and "Aaaaahs"

See this guy sweat??? Reminds me of Marco Rubio LMFAO

edit on 12-11-2018 by Skywatcher2011 because: added note

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join