It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Evolution explain Male and Female - Why are there two sexes Creating Genetic Variations ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

I am not sure how we would know if humans have been genetically altered the same we use forced evolution.

I dont mean from a monkey I mean they seed a planet or terrarium form to create life and come back periodically altering the environment or species with little tweaks. What if they only come back every 200k years and did little things like we do with animals and plants. Synthetic selection, selective breeding, genetic engineering etc..

After all how did we end up needing iodine?

I joke there but, I think if it's possible we are an experiment it ia more like a terrarium and little forced evolutionary things are done not new species entirely.

There may come a time we merge with computers and reproduction isnt needed. When we start editing for diversity.
edit on 13-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It would be less messy in the DNA, there is a lot of randomness, a lot of residual artifacts of evolution in our (and everythings DNA) due to the most likely cause being evolution. SO if we were (say) engineered, by an advanced species or Deities. IT should be less dodgy.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

It would be less messy in the DNA, there is a lot of randomness, a lot of residual artifacts of evolution in our (and everythings DNA) due to the most likely cause being evolution. SO if we were (say) engineered, by an advanced species or Deities. IT should be less dodgy.

Well, we already have been using selective breeding for a very long time. I would say even some animals figured it out. Maybe they wanted blue eyed people and had a eugenic experiment. In the case of hundreds of thousands of years of generations effected by evolution I think you would see some messy sequencing. Let's say they gathered up some genius Neanderthals and homosapiens with traits they wanted and put them I breading program, or simply engineered the dna. Thousands of years and generations later we would see a mess from the lineages over that time. Maybe they just wanted German Shepards instead of dingoes.

Maybe they just changed the climate etc...lots of ways to force and study the synthetic force over evolution.

But I digress.

My original point is at some point there was only organic compounds and amino acids and they met over time and bonded and then fell to earth and bonded more so male and female original has no meaning for early life.

The question that is interesting is did something put it all in the lab and then change the conditions to see what happened or was it random.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I am not sure how we would know if humans have been genetically altered the same we use forced evolution.

I dont mean from a monkey I mean they seed a planet or terrarium form to create life and come back periodically altering the environment or species with little tweaks. What if they only come back every 200k years and did little things like we do with animals and plants. Synthetic selection, selective breeding, genetic engineering etc..

After all how did we end up needing iodine?

I joke there but, I think if it's possible we are an experiment it ia more like a terrarium and little forced evolutionary things are done not new species entirely.

There may come a time we merge with computers and reproduction isnt needed. When we start editing for diversity.

That kind of defies Occams razor though. Why even assume all that happened, when we've observed evolution in real time and shown that it's a real process. It takes a big leap from evolution to that, why not just explain it with what we already know happens? I do enjoy speculating about ancient alien ideas, but I'm definitely far from being convince it's true.

edit on 11 13 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Selective breeding does not lead to "cleaner DNA" however. So you are not really talking about altering DNA to cause the variances we see then are you? By cleaner, I mean that the new trait(s) are very distinct. I am not saying its better, its just like early CGI, you can tell.

Speaking as someone with some Genetics in my degrees (post graduate qualification in Bioinformatics, even if I only seldom use that in my day to day work), if you sequence something that has been genetically modified in the lab, it has some telltale signs, when compared to something in nature. they are just not the same. So either you are talking about subtle manipulations, in which case that is Intellegent Design, which is creationism.

So we have entered the "what if" teritory of discussion here.

We are not really sure how life started (abiogenesis, previously proteogenesis), there is a place in there for creatinism or one of its relatives (ID included) if you need to. This includes us not being sure what biological compounds (don't use organic, that has a different meaning in chemistry and biochemitry) were there. Yes its been shown amino acids can be created from methane, and electricity (so lightning), but other things appear too, and there is some evidence rudamentary nucleic acids might as well. Sugars (Carbohydrates in chemitry) likewise can probably occur.

There is a branch of Christianity that considers the universe to be a big experiment of "Gods". Its called Deism.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
male and female is gravity

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

I dont think deism is necessarily a branch 9f christianity.

My point was aliens didnt have to make huge changes. Also that I dont believe let's make a hypothetical a clone was made 500k years ago with engineered traits we would be able to tell. We wouldn't even know to be looking for this. Heck just teaching a human a social skill changes the species. Teaching how to cook food etc.

Evolution will continue to put pressure on anything created and the longer it does that the harder it would be to see clearly.

Even putting the right organic compounds and amino acids on earth and walking away is a possibility. I was just saying people often imagine aliens or gods directly making people. It doeqnt have to be so direct. Humans are also so capable of learning just teaching can create advantage for adaptation.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I didn't make the assumption it's really just a thought experiment based on what we know we can do. What if something else already is more advanced can do planet sized experiments?

Humans are also distinct that learning directly correlates with adaptation as we are born with nearly no instinct for survival other by social structure.

I also am not negating evolution. Apple trees we created from selective breeding are still evolving and will without us but probably would never have been formed without us.

But no I dont speculate they are true just pointing out to change human history something like survival of the species could simply be controlling fire etc, and as far as other ways aliens could manipulate human genetics is simply like we do with dogs, maybe they also study social evolution and put different pressures on the human race etc..

Just saying making a man out of a great ape isn't the only manipulation of human genetics. It doesnt have to be so grand in scale.

But no I don't "believe" its just fun to think about.

I mean abiogenesis is nuts too. Even though it's likely. To think it all came together in the perfect situation is pretty amazing and hard to fathom when you start at the big bang. Panspermia sort of leads back to the possibility of more advanced beings.

If we evolve by our own engineering to not need sex for reproduction say in some sort of combining of human and computer merge and that lives for a million years, are computers then the best way to have genetic variance and survival, would we always fight unintended natural evolutionary pressure? Crazy to think about.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Selective breeding is not going to do much to the way the DNA is full of artifacts however. Again,I am not discounting ID, its just not going to be shown through the DNA.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Deism is certainly a branch of Christianity.

Again there is no evidene in our DNA that it was messed with .

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Again there is no evidene in our DNA that it was messed with.

Isnt there something in the ancient alien crowd about fused chromosomes or something? Or some evidence of genetic manipulation?

Obvious I dont know if this is true or not, just remember hearing it.

Coomba98

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

The ancient alien crowd says a lot of stuff. But they don't do so good on details.

edit on 11/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: coomba98

Again there is no evidene in our DNA that it was messed with.

Isnt there something in the ancient alien crowd about fused chromosomes or something? Or some evidence of genetic manipulation?

Obvious I dont know if this is true or not, just remember hearing it.

Coomba98

Try this:

Human DNA ‘was designed by aliens’, say scientists

"HUMAN DNA was designed by ALIENS, scientists who spent 13 years working on the human genome have sensationally claimed". By SEAN MARTIN

"A pair of scientists from Kazakhstan believe that our species was designed by a higher power, alien civilisation that either wanted to preserve a message in our DNA or simply plant life on other planets. Maxim A. Makukov of the Fesenkov Astrophysical Institute and Vladimir I. Shcherbak from the al-Farabi Kazakh National University spent 13 years working for the Human Genome Project – a mission that hoped to map out human DNA. Their conclusion was that humans were designed by a higher power, with a “set of arithmetic patterns and ideographic symbolic language” encoded into our DNA........."

"They state that the sudden boom in evolution experienced on Earth billions of years ago is a sign of something happening on a higher level that we are not aware of, and that mathematical code in DNA cannot explain evolution. Mr Makulov said: “Sooner or later … we have to accept the fact that all life on Earth carries the genetic code of our extraterrestrial cousins and that evolution is not what we think it is........”

See whole article here:
www.express.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

What does an alien gene look like?

You know, details.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Don't have any genes handy - How about some blood?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

Awesome the "History" channel.

I'm convinced.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride

$eriously though, can we really know what the universe consists of just by looking at stars we can barely see & sending an automic robot to grab chemicals that are to light we can not contain them in our vessels. So they basically are not even grabbed because we do not have an air tight enough box to grab universal juice haha. Sure we have some anti matter properties though can not seem to capture them properly to tweak. We have no clue what the universe is made of, these are good theories that help the understanding though we should all no that common sense tells us we hace no clue what this universe it. Hell it was just 200 years ago we figured out microscopes to see smaller chemicals so we think we are gods that know all because we see the big little stuff.

Anyone who thinks subotomic particles are small are clearly mistaken, in another 200 years they will be as big as our elemental charts chemicals to us now. They obviously will still be the same size, this world got real small & little chemicals got real big. We are always seeing smaller to get bigger. It does not stop here & this universe is huge & not made out of the same chemicals through its whole structure, no advanced organism is.

Yes, we don't even need to leave Earth - Asteroseismology and light spectroscopy absorption are used to peer inside planets, suns, nebulae, galaxies to map precisely what the chemical composition of the measured space are. We can also read the microwave radiation that still lingers from the big bang allows us to roll back time and see how the Universe evolved and various chemical elements came into being in the first place.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Deism is not a branch of christianity. Christian deism is.

Some deists believe in Jesus Christ, while others do not.

www.allaboutphilosophy.org...

Is there evidence an apple tree was messed with?

Survival of the species being manipulated by synthetic force doesnt even have to be genetic. Like I said just teaching fire control for instance...

Also I am not supporting ID. It's just a thought experiment. The teleological arguement is interesting, particularly fine tuning. Does that make me a believer no, just an agnostic.
edit on 14-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
The chemical components for life as we know it have been found in meteorites and asteroids. We also know that a protein when linked with the nucleic acids that encode the protein can self assemble ("Self-assembly of proteins and their nucleic acids", www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...).

My opinion is that this is probably the case at least throughout our galaxy and probably others. It's not far fetched to think that perhaps more complex molecules assembled in space, maybe preserved in ice, and landed on many planets. The whole idea of ID really falls apart here because who needs a god to create increasing more complex molecular structures when the structures are doing it all by themselves.

NASA Researchers: DNA Building Blocks Can Be Made in Space
www.nasa.gov...

The team found adenine and guanine, which are components of DNA called nucleobases, as well as hypoxanthine and xanthine. DNA resembles a spiral ladder; adenine and guanine connect with two other nucleobases to form the rungs of the ladder. They are part of the code that tells the cellular machinery which proteins to make. Hypoxanthine and xanthine are not found in DNA, but are used in other biological processes.

Also, in two of the meteorites, the team discovered for the first time trace amounts of three molecules related to nucleobases: purine, 2,6-diaminopurine, and 6,8-diaminopurine; the latter two almost never used in biology. These compounds have the same core molecule as nucleobases but with a structure added or removed. It's these nucleobase-related molecules, called nucleobase analogs, which provide the first piece of evidence that the compounds in the meteorites came from space and not terrestrial contamination. "You would not expect to see these nucleobase analogs if contamination from terrestrial life was the source, because they're not used in biology, aside from one report of 2,6-diaminopurine occurring in a virus (cyanophage S-2L)," said Callahan. "However, if asteroids are behaving like chemical 'factories' cranking out prebiotic material, you would expect them to produce many variants of nucleobases, not just the biological ones, due to the wide variety of ingredients and conditions in each asteroid." The second piece of evidence involved research to further rule out the possibility of terrestrial contamination as a source of these molecules.

The team also analyzed an eight-kilogram (17.64-pound) sample of ice from Antarctica, where most of the meteorites in the study were found, with the same methods used on the meteorites. The amounts of the two nucleobases, plus hypoxanthine and xanthine, found in the ice were much lower -- parts per trillion -- than in the meteorites, where they were generally present at several parts per billion. More significantly, none of the nucleobase analogs were detected in the ice sample. One of the meteorites with nucleobase analog molecules fell in Australia, and the team also analyzed a soil sample collected near the fall site. As with the ice sample, the soil sample had none of the nucleobase analog molecules present in the meteorite.

Thirdly, the team found these nucleobases -- both the biological and non-biological ones -- were produced in a completely non-biological reaction. "In the lab, an identical suite of nucleobases and nucleobase analogs were generated in non-biological chemical reactions containing hydrogen cyanide, ammonia, and water. This provides a plausible mechanism for their synthesis in the asteroid parent bodies, and supports the notion that they are extraterrestrial," says Callahan. "In fact, there seems to be a 'goldilocks' class of meteorite, the so-called CM2 meteorites, where conditions are just right to make more of these molecules," adds Callahan.

edit on 14-11-2018 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Panspermia is an interesting concept.

It doesnt negate ID because of the infinite regress problem. Its philosophy 101.

God could be a programmer. It doeant have to be directly related to creation, panspermia also means there are far more advanced areas of the universe than we are in in terms of age of the universe post big bang.

The fact we can only realize things in 3 dimensions severely limits our understanding of cosmology.

What you seem to fail to understand is how proteins were formed to begin with and what was theorized was present directly after the big bang and how those elements would form proteins.

Also just to point out many scientists believe amino acids 4 billion years ago on earth created proteins that created self replicating dna.

Proteins come from amino acids. Amino acids are the building block. Not the other way around as you are confusing.
edit on 14-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join