It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Evolution explain Male and Female - Why are there two sexes Creating Genetic Variations ?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   
If we were dealing with the real world [what does that mean?] - there might be a solution to this debate
- But I've yet to see what a real world means in real time [what does that mean?]

So up jumps Charles Everett claiming there are 'Many Worlds' - No right or wrong World - Many Worlds.

If there are many worlds there are many observers - And many different observations.

And there then comes many effects of the observations - Which observer in which world is affecting which observation
in which way? - And [being that we accept meaning as having meaning, right?]. which observations and whose
interpretations shall we accept?

A more mundane intelligence might be prone to dismiss this debate as meaningless
- Does any of this really matter? - in the functioning of the so called real world and its accepted reality?

But if this universe we exist in has any meaning at all, and we have any meaning at all
- Then the debate must go on - It is not by choice that you are questioning the reality of the World you live in
and its observation - You are condemned or blessed to do so [depending on how you look at it] - You have no choice
- The reality you exist in is begging to understand itself.

That said the speculation becomes that it is neither a wave nor a particle - It is something else entirely and you
are being misled - Like trying to interpret a ghost - Some see the ghost, others say it is something else,
or does not really exist.

So is it observation that is affecting the reality being observed? - Or, rather is it that the reality being observed
is ghost like in nature and defies andy complete observation?

The more we look at this so called 'double slit' experiment the more illusory it starts to appear.
- sort of like trying to explain why a mirror shows an apparently exact image of the person looking into itl'

That is an illusion - the image you see in a mirror is far from exact - it is illusry.

And the double slit experimnet is also a magical illusion - It only mirrors the nature of light
by trying to create a distinction between particles and waves - Turn up the light and show us something
brighter -

edit on 21-11-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-11-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

AlienView,

I'll let the ones who understand QM correct me but....

The 'observer' is the machine we use to observe/measure, this is what effects the experiment. Aka, golf balls and tennis balls.

Turn up the light and you have more tennis balls thrown at a single golf ball.

K, this is where I'm gonna most likely be corrected by more knowledgeable people....

QM, aka quantum mechanics is like... no way more so than macro mechanics. As our macro physics theories are way way way more solid than QM theories!

In QM, we do this we see that. The 'theory' as to how it does the 'that', is from my opinion a primative explanation.

Just like gravity!! But we have more evidence as Einstein's theory.

Coomba98
edit on 21-11-2018 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: cooperton

And observing (interfering with) an entangled particle will "interfere" with its twin.

This could not be caused by classical interference though. Interference waves travel at the speed of light, as do all EM waves. Yet observing an entangled particle causes the other entangled counterpart to be known from vast distances and can be known faster than the speed of light can transmit data. Therefore it can't be interference, because the speed of light has not reached the entangled counterpart yet. This is known as quantum teleportation.

quick source
Research paper

It is as if the observation itself is the frame of reference.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Isn't it about time someone made a thread on the subject of the observer effect and double slit experiments? Since the actual topic presented by alienview didn't really go anywhere. It was educational but the intelligent design angle was a flop.
edit on 21-11-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Isn't it about time someone made a thread on the subject of the observer effect and double slit experiments? Since the actual topic presented by alienview didn't really go anywhere. It was educational but the intelligent design angle was a flop.

Be our guest - Start a thead on " the observer effect and double slit experiment" - Probably should go in a part of the
forum devoted to science. [Please let un know if you start one]

As far as my post: "How does Evolution explain Male and Female - Why are there two sexes Creating Genetic Variations ?"
Where would you expect it to go? - Just because no satisfactory answer was found doesn't mean it is not a question
worh asking - Yes, for now, and given no other explanaiton, we might accept the science based answers claiming there
might be a biochemical reason for the two sex matrix.

And yes, the intelligent design hypothesis seems unsatisfactory - Mainly becuase you need an intelligent mind
to understand intelligent design - And I serioulsly questino the intelligence of the Human mind.
edit on 23-11-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
And I serioulsly questino the intelligence of the Human mind.

The endless depths of stupidity that can be explored by the human mind are only another testament to it's vast capabilities

posted on Nov, 23 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Be our guest - Start a thead on " the observer effect and double slit experiment" - Probably should go in a part of the
forum devoted to science. [Please let un know if you start one]

As far as my post: "How does Evolution explain Male and Female - Why are there two sexes Creating Genetic Variations ?"
Where would you expect it to go? - Just because no satisfactory answer was found doesn't mean it is not a question
worh asking - Yes, for now, and given no other explanaiton, we might accept the science based answers claiming there
might be a biochemical reason for the two sex matrix.

And yes, the intelligent design hypothesis seems unsatisfactory - Mainly becuase you need an intelligent mind
to understand intelligent design - And I serioulsly questino the intelligence of the Human mind.

Implying that folks who consistently point out flaws in intelligent design are not intelligent?

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Earth and Moon explain male and female. You gotta be careful with that stuff.

posted on Dec, 3 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

they sit on they're hands.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

The endless depths of stupidity that can be explored by the human mind are only another testament to it's vast capabilities

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity;
and I'm not sure about the universe.”
― Albert Einstein

edit on 4-12-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

― Albert Einstein

It's funny because you're human.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Amen, brother!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Some might find this interesting:

Reproduction is so primitive and fundamental a function of vital organisms that the mechanism by which it is assured is highly complex and not yet clearly understood. It is not necessarily connected with sex, nor is sex necessarily connected with reproduction.
— Havelock Ellis Psychology of Sex (1933)

Still genetic variations, and its experimental nature needs a field, a format, to play out - Maybe sex is just a
convenient way for the experiment to continue........And now that Man begins to control the experiment
is it time to set goals ?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Some might find this interesting:

Reproduction is so primitive and fundamental a function of vital organisms that the mechanism by which it is assured is highly complex and not yet clearly understood. It is not necessarily connected with sex, nor is sex necessarily connected with reproduction.
— Havelock Ellis Psychology of Sex (1933)

Still genetic variations, and its experimental nature needs a field, a format, to play out - Maybe sex is just a
convenient way for the experiment to continue........And now that Man begins to control the experiment
is it time to set goals ?

You went back the better part of a century for that? LOL

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

If we were dealing with the real world [what does that mean?] - there might be a solution to this debate
- But I've yet to see what a real world means in real time [what does that mean?]

So up jumps Charles Everett claiming there are 'Many Worlds' - No right or wrong World - Many Worlds.

If there are many worlds there are many observers - And many different observations.

And there then comes many effects of the observations - Which observer in which world is affecting which observation
in which way? - And [being that we accept meaning as having meaning, right?]. which observations and whose
interpretations shall we accept?

A more mundane intelligence might be prone to dismiss this debate as meaningless
- Does any of this really matter? - in the functioning of the so called real world and its accepted reality?

But if this universe we exist in has any meaning at all, and we have any meaning at all
- Then the debate must go on - It is not by choice that you are questioning the reality of the World you live in
and its observation - You are condemned or blessed to do so [depending on how you look at it] - You have no choice
- The reality you exist in is begging to understand itself.

That said the speculation becomes that it is neither a wave nor a particle - It is something else entirely and you
are being misled - Like trying to interpret a ghost - Some see the ghost, others say it is something else,
or does not really exist.

So is it observation that is affecting the reality being observed? - Or, rather is it that the reality being observed
is ghost like in nature and defies andy complete observation?

The more we look at this so called 'double slit' experiment the more illusory it starts to appear.
- sort of like trying to explain why a mirror shows an apparently exact image of the person looking into itl'

That is an illusion - the image you see in a mirror is far from exact - it is illusry.

And the double slit experimnet is also a magical illusion - It only mirrors the nature of light
by trying to create a distinction between particles and waves - Turn up the light and show us something
brighter -

The problem is we don't seek to understand, we seek to control. We want to make something happen instead of merely knowing it's happening. We can't just be aware of a creator, we have to control it and exploit it.
edit on 5-12-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   

The problem is we don't seek to understand, we seek to control. We want to make something happen instead of merely knowing it's happening. We can't just be aware of a creator, we have to control it and exploit it.

Well said. The ruling elite priests have consistently throughout history been corrupt, epidomized by the leading Jewish sects rejecting the Messiah of their own prophecy. This timeless force has tainted the image of the spiritual texts (of which the spiritual texts warned of), and I imagine this is part of the reason why you reject the entirety of spiritual texts and stick strictly to empirical data. But realize that the elites among the scientific community have a similar stranglehold on theoretical and interpretive science, and there is not as much empirical data reinforcing the leading dogmatic theories as we are led to believe. If we let others think for us we forfeit our right to discover truth. I know our arguments get heated at times, but on a human level I want to wish you the best of luck on your search for the truth, and I encourage everyone to not dismiss something simply because it cannot be replicated in a lab.

Observable science cannot begin to understand the infinite depths of our imagination, yet it also keeps our imagination in check. But to disregard our imagination would be to disregard the endless potential of the human psyche. It is this endless potential that philosophers and theologians alike have yearned to understand God. For this reason, it seems best to maintain a balance of both Spirit and Science, Love and Logic.

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   

― Albert Einstein

How do you know this? - You read a computer screen and jump to the conclusion that it is a 'Human' ?

As far as I know I'm talking to my computer which is playing a game.

Are you seriously going to tell me that you are a 'Human' and not my computer talking to me?

Prove it!

edit on 7-12-2018 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

― Albert Einstein

How do you know this? - You read a computer screen and jump to the conclusion that it is a 'Human' ?

As far as I know I'm talking to my computer which is playing a game.

Are you seriously going to tell me that you are a 'Human' and not my computer talking to me?

Prove it!

I suck at chess. Not typical for AI.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I asked that question on ATS long ago, 2 asexual creatures suddenly start evolving sexual organs in two different directions, male and female, does evolution care to explain how long it took for these to develop ? They would remain asexual all that time until those organs were capable of making another life; then suddenly and in perfect synchronicity they are both ready.
What did that first encounter involve, how did they know they needed to do it for the first time in order to produce and carry the species forward when it had never happened before ? And now there species would come out either male of female, did that animal have to mate with it's younger brother or sister to produce again ? That kills the idea that evolution "did it" for genetic diversity for the species.

If you are truly intellectually honest the evolutionary development of the 2 sexes is a topic worth investigating, I don't remember my K-12 schooling touching that one with a 100 foot pole.

posted on Dec, 8 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

www.quora.com...

en.m.wikipedia.org...

I don't recall my Sunday school classes explaining anything about the physics or chemistry or biology or geology of creationism. Just the cult basics.
edit on 8-12-2018 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join