It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does Evolution explain Male and Female - Why are there two sexes Creating Genetic Variations ?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Make money you say? Does the universe have a bank it prefers? Or does it hide it in black holes?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

How do you know this without "analyzing" it?

Stop playing dumb. By context you should know I meant analyze the slit with the measuring device. The interference pattern is shown on the display.

When the photon is behaving like a wave it makes an interference pattern
When the photon is behaving like a particle it forms the image of the two slits

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

You're half right. Sort of.

To be clear, you agree this statement makes no sense?

it behaves like a wave when the slit is not analyzed.

edit on 11/18/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:40 PM
link   

To be clear, you agree this statement makes no sense?
"it behaves like a wave when the slit is not analyzed. "

Have you researched the experiment?

It is the observation of the slit that determines what is shown on the display. When the slit is measured the photon behaves like a particle, when the slit is not measured the photon behaves like a wave.
edit on 18-11-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

when the slit is not measured it behaves like a wave.
What do you mean by measuring the slit?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

What do you mean by measuring the slit?

When the slits are analyzed to determine which slit the photon went through, the photon behaves like a particle.

When the slits are not analyzed to determine which slit the photon went through, the photon behaves like a wave.
edit on 18-11-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

When the slits are analyzed to determine which slit the photon went through, the photon behaves like a particle.

When the slits are not analyzed to determine which slit the photon went through, the photon behaves like a wave.

And how is it determined which slit the photon passes through, do you suppose?

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

And how is it determined which slit the photon passes through, do you suppose?

When the photon behaves like a wave it shows an intereference pattern on the display, when it behaves like a particle it shows two slits on the display. It is the observation of the slit through a measuring device that causes the photon to behave like a particle instead of a wave.

posted on Nov, 18 2018 @ 10:20 PM
link   

It is the observation of the slit through a measuring device that causes the photon to behave like a particle instead of a wave.
How does observation of the slit determine if the photon passed through it?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Holy crap digger, i think your actually going to get through to one of them. Nice direction.

Coomba98

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:26 AM
link   
double post
edit on 19-11-2018 by coomba98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Why not read the papers and discuss it? You can do it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Bank of the Universe. I like it. Where do I sign up? Maybe that intelligent designer can make a big deposit into my account. Cool, no?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   

How does observation of the slit determine if the photon passed through it?

Observation of the slit causes the photon to go through a single slit which exhibits the particle behavior, rather than both slits which exhibits the wave behavior.

I am not sure what you're getting at.

originally posted by: Phantom423

Why not read the papers and discuss it? You can do it.

Stop patronizing me. We are already discussing it. The observation device analyzing the incident at the slit is the variable which determines whether the photon behaves like a particle or a wave.
edit on 19-11-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

it behaves like a wave when the slit is not analyzed.

How do you know this without "analyzing" it?

You really should review the experiment. You don't seem to have the slightest idea what it's about.

I am not sure why you would be arguing against wave function collapse. The schrodinger equation works doesn't it? Matrix mechanics?

Did you read the quantum probability rule paper?

We have a model of physics that isn't complete. The interaction of multi dimensional particles is mostly not understood and confirmations are limited.

When you shield electro magnetism it can still be observed effecting the quantum world around the shielding.
edit on 19-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

I argue with you because you misinterpreted the nature of the experiment and what it means

The photon behaves like a particle when the slit is observed with a measuring device, and it behaves like a wave when the slit is not analyzed. This is a reproducible experiment that has been replicated many times. It means exactly what it means. No interpretation necessary.

It proves absolutely nothing about god or evolution. Not sure why it continuously gets brought up in support of ID or threads about evolution. There is still a ton of mystery in why quantum particles behave the way they do.

edit on 11 19 18 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

It certainly proves nothing, but it certainly is part of finding the model of reality.

Unfortunately the woo woo videos on the internet give examples of quantum mechanics that aren't even accurate.

The reality is however quantum events do interact with reality in a way that classical physics and biology doesn't have the tools to explain. We seem to be discovering qubits are copied and sent to another dimension of reality virtually,.. muons etc.. in that regard it's hard to make assumptions about what is interacting with particles and from where or even when occasionally, until we create better experiments and ask better questions.

The reality is this stuff takes a lot of work to understand and is exploited by woo videos all the time.

I agree with your posts. Just adding a bit.

It is however fascinating and strange.

Sometimes people dont make the distinction of fun things to think about using undiscovered events using logic and what is actually knowable.
edit on 19-11-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
I'm always willing to learn something new - New would not be a lesson in the results of Evolution.

New would be any reasonable explanation as to why - Why is Evolution happening ?

The common consensus is to agree to Evolution as fact and accept the results
- the anomalies Evolution produces and the survival of the fittest of these anomalies.

Still, I've yet to see an explanation as to why in an inorganic universe a biological experiment is taking place?

Surely you, you who believe Evolution and its play out through history throughout the recording of Human and biological time
should have some explanation as to why it is happening?

Pretend I'm an alien from a species of beings that never saw biological life - Explain it to me Human - Whys do you exist ?

- Thank you,
AlienView

It doesn't, because genders has nothing to do with evolution. The female didn't evolve from the male, the male didn't evolve from the female. You have a fundamental misunderstanding of what evolution is. Evolution is macro adaptation.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Barcs

originally posted by: cooperton

I argue with you because you misinterpreted the nature of the experiment and what it means

The photon behaves like a particle when the slit is observed with a measuring device, and it behaves like a wave when the slit is not analyzed. This is a reproducible experiment that has been replicated many times. It means exactly what it means. No interpretation necessary.

It proves absolutely nothing about god or evolution. Not sure why it continuously gets brought up in support of ID or threads about evolution. There is still a ton of mystery in why quantum particles behave the way they do.

It actually proves that the measuring device changes the form of the particles. Very simple. It also has nothing to do with evolution, or any of the mysticism that people assume because they can't use common sense.

There is also a secondary statement to be made, if we don't observe the particles with a measuring device, how can we determine it's a wave form? Oh.... that's right...

Bad experiment is bad, and the reproduction is just doing bad science a second time.
edit on 19-11-2018 by SRPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SRPrime

There is also a secondary statement to be made, if we don't observe the particles with a measuring device, how can we determine it's a wave form? Oh.... that's right...

Bad experiment is bad, and the reproduction is just doing bad science a second time.

They determine whether or not it is behaving like a wave by the interference pattern that the photons display. The experiment originally started because they wanted to see which slit the photon would go through (since it was apparently going through both). Surely enough, when they placed a measuring device to see which slit the photon was going through, it began behaving like a particle. It is phenomenal, and demonstrates a core tenet of how our universe works and the role we have in it.
edit on 19-11-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join