It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the winters are getting colder and longer.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Pah, not one flake and sunshine all day. Where are you located? I knew that beforehand, I would have put an extra month on my seasoned licence plate. I already prepped her for winter and now I could drive but it´s not insured (only from March-Oktober) because she will never see snow or rain from except through the garage window.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Everyday in Florida for a month now "Another unseasonably high temperature today".

....yeah, totes getting cooler. Yes, its Florida, but still, we get cool days at least...its still stupid hot in the days, and warm at night (although a cold front is on its way for a few days where we will hit 70...finally

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   
In Texas they're shorter and warmer....idky

My buddy says we're moving into the tropics....
edit on 9-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Winters are not getting colder or longer. The planet has been warming even though sunspot numbers have been declining for 60 years or so.

It is interesting how this chart aligns quite well with China's increase since the 70s. While the rest of the world has been about the same since the 70s. China's projected numbers in 2030 are rather crazy as the rest of the world has a slight decrease.

I say nuke China to save the planet...Do you think it catchy?

edit on 9-11-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Phage
Winters are not getting colder or longer. The planet has been warming even though sunspot numbers have been declining for 60 years or so.

It is interesting how this chart aligns quite well with China's increase since the 70s. While the rest of the world has been about the same since the 70s. China's projected numbers in 20130 are rather crazy as the rest of the world has a slight decrease.

I say nuke China to save the planet...Do you think it catchy?

How about educating them? No?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

Lol really...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Lol really...

Yes, they seem asleep and transfixed by not knowing freedom.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Yes, they seem asleep and transfixed by not knowing freedom.

So we can try education for a couple of years then we can just say F it and kill them.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: anonentity
This new theory backed by good science, tells why when the sunspots which usually come in twos, where one has a north and the other a south component ,make the sun act like a dynamo, with a wave that oscillates, when the oscillations are in phase like AC electrical sine wave, the sun is at its most efficient at heating the planet, but when the waves get out of synch they cancel each other out and cause an energy drop. The variation in solar magnetic activity, is predictable, as its basically a stable oscillator, with a baseline that only changes slightly during the Milankovitch cycles.
The Suns cycle where the lack of present sunspot activity, with an increase in coronal holes, cause an increase in cosmic rays which cause more cloud seeding hence more rain and flooding. With this model Britain at present is seeing motorways closed due to snow in April, hot summers which are shorter. That's not to bad,, but the minimum is yet to occur, where next winter could have the motorway closed due to snow in May. Since the model is a formula which has been, back checked against the Maunder minimum, and numerous times in-between, and works as a good predictive tool. Any potential preppers might wish to include a greenhouse in their plans.
Its a long Vid, but it makes more sense than global warming. If you are a conspiracy theorist, you might think that any sensible government would be planning by now for crop failures, and making alternative plans for feeding the population. as we are now past the second winter with snow in the Sahara desert.

They obviously have not studied Georgia....I would love to have a long cold winter sometime....

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

Your explanation is actually not that far off. Sunspot numbers alone are not always the issue here, it is where the sunspots are that actually causes change sometimes. Coronal holes do leave energy out though, a different frequency but still energy. I do not see that causing more clouds though, yes, there has been lots more coronal holes, but I am not sure there is a direct link now. The earth is tied to the sun by lines of connection and somehow those lines have something to do with it I feel. But I do not know how, it could be that the two step energy spikes. time between them, could actually be involved.

over the years now I have read quite a few explanations of the earth sun link and some of them are opposite each other. I am not sure I got everything straight in my head with this subject, but much of your OP actually matches many articles that I read. There are more things in play than just these things you mentioned, they probably have not discovered some other things yet.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

My man, Phage, coming in hard second — graph spikes up.

When JinMi concedes, it’s a wrap.

#Science&CommonSenseFTW
edit on 9-11-2018 by BeefNoMeat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:02 AM
link   
We're coming out of an ice age, so yeah, it's gonna get warmer.

edit on 10-11-2018 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I blame pole shift

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yep, Michigan winters are milder and less snow-stormy. We had thunderstorms last year in January and February, and that was unusual.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Double post--dog interference on keyboard
edit on 10-11-2018 by elkabong57 because: DP

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
We're coming out of an ice age, so yeah, it's gonna get warmer.

A glacial period you mean?
That happened about 10,000 years ago. Do you think it's been getting warmer ever since?
edit on 11/10/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: elkabong57

This interesting, where you get a warm area on the west coast heading up to Alaska, which causes a ridge which displaces artic cold air and brings a nasty storm down. So some people will say "gee its warming," and others will say its cooling. So expect snow in north Texas in the next few days

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: anonentity

This interesting, where you get a warm area on the west coast heading up to Alaska, which causes a ridge which displaces artic cold air and brings a nasty storm down.

1) No warm area moves up the west coast to Alaska.
2) Warm areas do not cause ridges.

But yes, warming in the Arctic (which is warming at a higher rate than temperate regions, but that doesn't mean it isn't cold) does seem to be having an effect on weather elsewhere.

edit on 11/10/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Science Daily

Record-breaking cold ocean temperatures across the central North Atlantic in recent years suggest that the northward oceanic heat transport through the Atlantic Meridional Overturning Circulation (AMOC) has reached a long-term minimum and might be the weakest for at least 1,600 years. Most climate models project that the already observed slowdown will continue under global warming scenarios although a complete collapse appears unlikely -- at least based on current models.

Science Direct

Prevalent global warming, caused by building-up of green-house gases in the atmosphere, seems to escalate and hence mask this solar effect. It played a major role in palaeoclimatic changes. The climate cooling during the Maunder minimum and Dalton minimum might be due to the solar activities collapse [20].

Principia Scientific

Should we be concerned? Well, scholars say there is a close correlation between solar activity and our climate, and an “off” sun could have quite negative repercussions. This is not a fantasy, as it has happened in the past.

Between 1645 and 1715 our planet lived through what was called the ” Maunder minimum “, named after Eward Maunder , a British astronomer. During the Maunder minimum the average global temperature dropped by 1.5 ° C , and it was precisely in those years that Europe endured the harshest winters in memory. In 1709 the port of Genoa froze , the Venetian lagoon turned into a single slab of ice. The consequences were catastrophic, with heavy snowfall in the winter and abnormally cool summers that completely overturned the agricultural activities and breeding .

Although you speak very matter of factly and although there is a false narrative of how many scientist agree on climate there isn't an elusive scientific majority that thinks they know exactly what is happening in regards to climate.

Accurate predictive models = science

edit on 10-11-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join