It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paradise California Is No More

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Fires are too easy to set and useful for clearing out people you don't want living there. I believe many of these California fires are acts of arson. It's only been in the last 10 -15 years that I ever remember hearing about fires consuming entire towns out there. The number of them and the damage done far exceeds anything I can remember before the early 2000's. Agenda 2030 or the Chinese I don't, perhaps both have a part to play in these horrible fires.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I have family heading down to firefight, the situation is very dire and could spread. Indeed, sometimes the fires are human started by error or other.

Hoping for safety for all.
edit on 9-11-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

Malibu info:

MANDATORY EVACUATION - now for all City of Malibu + areas S of 101 Fwy, Ventura line to Malibu Cyn UPDATE - (10:00 AM) - MANDATORY evacuation now in effect for all of City of Malibu, and all areas south of 101 Fwy from Ventura County line to Las Virgenes / Malibu Cyn, southward to the ocean due to Woolsey Fire. Use PCH to evacuate, avoid canyons. UPDATE - (10:00 AM) MANDATORY evacuation is now in effect for the City of Malibu, and the area south of the 101 Fwy from the Ventura County line to Las Virgenes / Malibu Canyon, and southward to t
Source
edit on 9-11-2018 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   
-STAFF PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT-

THIS IS NEITHER THE MUD PIT NOR A POLITICALLY CHARGED TOPIC. LET'S RESIST THE URGE TO POST THINGS THAT WILL BE REMOVED AS TROLLING OR OFF TOPIC CHATTER.

THANKS FOR YOUR COOPERATION!
edit on 9-11-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I know some people at the Feather River hospital there.

The fire came on them so fast that staff were loading patients in their POV's and driving them away just ahead of the flames.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

They are now doing a mandatory evacuation for all of Malibu...

Check out this photo from the fire coming down towards Malibu as residents try to move away on the PCH

Tweet w/ image

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Driven by hot desert winds, the wildfire raced into Paradise, devouring the equivalent of 80 football pitches a minute.

The town sits on a ridge and the few roads out quickly became clogged with traffic as 27,000 people tried to flee, many driving through walls of flame.

Some motorists abandoned their cars and ran for their lives with children and pets in their arms.

"Football pitch" is apparently what most of the rest of the English speaking world calls a soccer field. If I'm not mistaken it's basically the same length as an American football field.

Sounds like the town was overtaken rapidly. Let's hope there aren't people who were trapped and perished in the flames/smoke.

Where did they get those pictures, those look like sixties and early seventy cars in that picture. How old are those pictures?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
As of the last hour, 9 dead, 32 missing and 6000+ homes destroyed. I know we kick California around a lot but I know no one would wish this on any of it's citizens.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

When I used to go deeper into California, I saw a ton of classic cars driving around.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

They are now doing a mandatory evacuation for all of Malibu...

Check out this photo from the fire coming down towards Malibu as residents try to move away on the PCH

Tweet w/ image

Wow that looks intense, what a great a photo, what an awful tragedy that is unfolding... Scary...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Got plenty of issues with that state, but I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Hope the people can move fast enough, but there are so many choke points and so many people....

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Did you hear about the canyon fire up in Feather Falls a couple years ago?

yes there has been quite a few fires my old house is gone, drought.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is tragic. It must be just terrifying for these people. I will be watching for updates.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: DictionaryOfExcuses
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Did you hear about the canyon fire up in Feather Falls a couple years ago?

yes there has been quite a few fires my old house is gone, drought.

I am saddened to hear this. I hope you guys can recover.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
chinese land grab.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I’m s good 100 miles south of Paradise, near Sacramento, and the day was eerie.

Only way to describe it.

There was so much smoke in the air that it was actually chilly,

But the sun felt like this one warm “spot”, isolated from the rest of the day; imagine being in a very large, cold, room, and having someone shine a very directional heat lamp on you.

Kind of gave me the willies.

Paradise was a very popular place for retired folks, so I can imagine that age and infirmities really hindered the evaluation process.

So sad.

ETA:

News reports are showing abandoned retirement homes/communities in the town with walking frames, wheelchairs, and canes littering the walkways.

That got me.
edit on 10-11-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Driven by hot desert winds, the wildfire raced into Paradise, devouring the equivalent of 80 football pitches a minute.

The town sits on a ridge and the few roads out quickly became clogged with traffic as 27,000 people tried to flee, many driving through walls of flame.

Some motorists abandoned their cars and ran for their lives with children and pets in their arms.

"Football pitch" is apparently what most of the rest of the English speaking world calls a soccer field. If I'm not mistaken it's basically the same length as an American football field.

Sounds like the town was overtaken rapidly. Let's hope there aren't people who were trapped and perished in the flames/smoke.

Where did they get those pictures, those look like sixties and early seventy cars in that picture. How old are those pictures?

I'm fairly sure that's the exact spot the camp Scottish reporter from the Beeb was reporting from last night...

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

originally posted by: ketsuko
This is fire country and what happens.

I know every year when there are tornados or hurricanes there are people who can't understand why people bother with living there. I could say the same about places like this, but as tragic as this is, and we get these stories year after year, people will come back and rebuild.

There is a drought things are not as usual, i lived in Paradise for years and outside orville over 20 years and never saw any fires but one small one in paradise.
oregon and Ca and Wa are all dry and windy right now and I am hoping our wells don't dry up even along the coast they have been getting low.

That topography is causing Desert to exist from Cali to Chile. It is so normal to have droughts on the western side of the Mtn's that "Death Valley" got its name in the 1800's.

What I find on ATS is that many don't remember that the Sacramento Valley is prime river bottom farm land from years of flooding. That's why there are all those big dams and reservoirs.There is the Feather River, the Sacramento River the American River , Mokelumne River, San Joaquin River, Cosumnes River and others an creeks of course.

Northern Ca on its own is as large as many states and it is nothing like the So end it is lush and the People have never seen a movie star

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
chinese land grab.

with the abilities of enemies to manipulate weather not a big stretch!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Looks like there's one knocking on LA and Hollywood's door.

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join