It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voting method & voting fraud - Massive holes in process and methods to fix them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
After I had an odd experience with voting this year I went back and sat in the lobby just outside the voting room for some time and I could hear how all the voters were handled as they entered and registered, either just providing a name (all that was needed in my state) or if they provided a piece or 2 of mail, ID, etc (even though it wasn't necessary). I found a lot of the process to be very questionable, with either the people at the registry books were incredibly stupid, needing the voter to repeat/spell their names 3-6 times before finding it in the book.

Now at each registry book there were 2 people for each registry book (I'm guessing a democrat and republican) but there were also 1-3 people sitting behind each of these books, IDK what they were doing maybe they were observers of some kind, but many of them were on their cell phones almost the entire time looking like they were texting back and forth with someone. Now when it was slow (between 1pm & 3pm) there was only one registry book at the time, but while busy, at this location, there were 3-4 registry books split by last name starting letter: (A-F, G-L, M-R, S-Z).

Now as someone who works/worked in IT security often focusing on security procedures and how to reduce or eliminate social engineering used to obtain access or elevated privileges to networks (corporate or government), it is second nature to see the holes in this type of procedure (voting method) and to see how the current process could be exploited in so many different ways when you include the fact that there are also things like absentee ballots, provisional ballots and other means of "non-traditional/non-mainstream" methods of voting - many of these non-traditional ballots are often counted after the ballots cast at polling locations via paper or computer (which I call traditional methods) - and these methods are the ones which can be manipulated and or leveraged to perpetrate election fraud.

The problem with looking at how to fix this potential voting fraud is that each state has a different method on how to vote, there is no standard across the country and states - which seems criminal IMHO.

I'd like to make a suggestion that every person who votes must submit a thumb print at time of voting (immediately before/after handing in paper ballot or after submission of electronic vote). These prints are placed on something like a 3"x3" card, 3"x5" card or something similar - that are pre-printed and numbered 000,001-999,999 and every "print card" from 000,001 to whatever the final # is, MUST be accounted for. So if there is an error with a person's print on card 000,748, that card is retained (and a box on card marked "error") and they do another card maybe numbered 000,754. On the error card the new card number MUST be recorded (so 000,754) would be placed on the card and the error card would have the corrected card's # on it (so error card 000,748 would have a place to list 000,754) as the correct/replacement card listed on the card.

Now none of these cards would have any personal information. At each location, each card would be scanned into a machine (small scanner machine) and the info digitized, and the cards would be sealed into a collection box (in order by which they were submitted - or as close as possible). All locations would send the digitized data to a central location, and or to each party for analysis by each party and by the election committee.

The thing about fingerprints is that they can be converted into a VERY long number/value or alpha-numeric "number/value" of hundreds of characters using a very complex algorithm, and the algorithm can be increasingly more advanced to ensure that no two fingerprints would have the same value. Then all the numbers can be compared and see if any of them have the same value, which would ID the voting location and the "card number" (like the 000,754 listed above). So if another location has a print of the same value, these cards (preferably scanned version as original is locked away in secure location) can be compared to see if they look identical or if somehow the algorithm produced the same value even though the prints were not the same. (doing proper programming should greatly reduce the potential for these cases). But if someone does vote 2-10 times, all within a close proximity of each location, then it could be proven that the same person has voted many times.

Also each card could have an area where they could fill out which race they voted for, so if only for "president" they would only fill out that box, if senator, governor & pres, then those 3 boxes would be filled out - or wherever they voted. These boxes could be given unique values to associated with the unique print ID, to allow for a complete count of votes for each polling place for the election.

Now I'm not a big supporter of keeping a thumb print of voters, but all it does is state that a person voted with no name associated with it, which that in and of itself doesn't seem to be like a very big deal. Even if the Gov or LE has your thumb print on file, they can't prove who you voted for, only that you voted, which can be done from voter logs/roles. Also most people already have their thumb prints on file from going through the public school system (remember K-4th grade? many people had fingerprints taken in case of "kidnapping").

So this type or setup could be used to cross check against other voting locations for people who are voting more than once. IDK how it can be done with absentee ballots, provisional's etc.

Also, there are many places where it is suggested that people vote in other states, so it may be a good idea to have the FEC do a state wide comparison of the "thumb print value", strictly the number generated for the fingerprint. They are added to a state database, then those state databases are combined and compared to other state databases.

Now I can't see a major problem with this process and it really shouldn't be very expensive at all, should be fairly quick, and it can be highly automated.

I would also suggest that the person gets a receipt for the print card, so the person with 000,754 & 00,748 would have 2 with all the info on it, minus the thumb print (IDK how to transfer these to 2 cards unless pressing print on each paper). And the person keeps these in case the vote is called into question. They can check their polling place (on state website), and then they can come in w/ card receipt and prove they weren't in another county voting, b/c the person who has the matching print ID, will be called in as well, and they can show their prints are the same/similar.

Can anyone see a major problem with this (not the process, that can be fine tuned for sure, this is just a rough draft to give an idea) but with the thumb print? Another idea is a digital scan of the face, ear, eye (anything "unique), and stored similar to the thumb print. I just figured that people might have more of a problem with those things (I would I think, but ear/face picture can be taken in public in most cases, not a close scan of eye thought). The thumb print can also be copied for things like Iphone scan (it is very possible), so don't use the thumb anymore for those things, besides voting.

Also, there is a way to make fake thumbprints, very thin latex that is clear. This can be tested for b/f taking a print - there are about 4-5 methods to check w/ one machine.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
They won't fix them. We got what we got, deceivers will always find a way. I have to cut it short, Microsoft is calling me to tell me they need to fix my computer or it will get shut down. Important call....damn, they hung up while I was typing this. I enjoy toying with them especially when the phone shows I am calling myself.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
They won't fix them. We got what we got, deceivers will always find a way. I have to cut it short, Microsoft is calling me to tell me they need to fix my computer or it will get shut down. Important call....damn, they hung up while I was typing this. I enjoy toying with them especially when the phone shows I am calling myself.

Is that a joke? My parents got a call that said it was MS and that their license was going to end. They never registered a phone number with anyone but where they bought the machine (online reseller of refurbished). They have Win 7 and a newer machine of Win 10.

I just can't see how MS would know anything about who to call when my parent's NEVER registered a phone # with MS. I said I thought it was a scam, or beginning of one possibly.

About the election. I 100% disagree. I know I could come up with a full proof method of voting given the time to figure it out (and access to how current process works). I think this is defeatist mentality and I understand why some think this way. But I do think we need to look into how things can be done. I felt the same way after the last 2 elections and was similarly upset when I saw/heard stories of what happened.

Do you think the fingerprint is a bad idea? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Voting...

Yeah right..

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Voting...

Yeah right..

So are you saying that voting doesn't matter? I go through periods of that as well and waffle between deciding if it is important (useful) or not.

I sometimes feel like the voting process is a lot like a child's toy, where it has buttons, levers, switches, etc that the kid can press, pull, turn and it keeps them busy but it doesn't do a G/D thing. I often feel like that is how voting is. It's like a passifier for the masses.

Then I also feel like the Rep/Dem dichotomy is like a Giant eagle killing it's prey with either it's right or left talon's - does it matter which one it grab's it's prey with, then feasts upon it with it's beak/mouth.?
edit on 11 9 2018 by DigginFoTroof because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof

Is that a joke? My parents got a call that said it was MS and that their license was going to end. They never registered a phone number with anyone but where they bought the machine (online reseller of refurbished). They have Win 7 and a newer machine of Win 10.

I just can't see how MS would know anything about who to call when my parent's NEVER registered a phone # with MS. I said I thought it was a scam, or beginning of one possibly.

About the election. I 100% disagree. I know I could come up with a full proof method of voting given the time to figure it out (and access to how current process works). I think this is defeatist mentality and I understand why some think this way. But I do think we need to look into how things can be done. I felt the same way after the last 2 elections and was similarly upset when I saw/heard stories of what happened.

Off-Topic
Microsoft does not call anyone
MS does not expire OS licenses . It is one's to keep for 99 years and a day (unless abused , and I know of no case on that one)

On-Topic
For a State to contain fingerprints of everyone of voting age , and keeping that up (much less scan for voting) is a ludicrous idea.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   

It's a joke, I got a phone call at that time that listed my own phone number and twice in the past a scammer trying to trick me with the microsoft scam. That was four times now they phished me with my own number. One time I even pressed 1 and told the person if they were going to try to scam me at least do not use my own number. I do not know if it was microsoft this time, it could have been any scam because I did not answer it.

I have found that some of the charities calling are not real lately, one was supposed to be a veteran charity but I checked it out and it is a scam, they want your credit card number. There are legit ones but it is better just to donate to your own VFW because the telemarketers get seventy five percent. I talked to someone who is president of the local VFW and he told me they just had a notice about these scams.

I do not donate over the phone and never buy anything that people are offering on the phone when they call, I guess half the time they are just trying to get your information. Many of the lower your credit card rate calls are not even a credit card company, they want your card number and pin number, praying on people who are in debt. Then they just charge on all your cards or take out money from your cards. This whole country is loaded with deception, it is like Sodom and Gomorrah was supposedly like.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Voting...

Yeah right..

So are you saying that voting doesn't matter? I go through periods of that as well and waffle between deciding if it is important (useful) or not.

I sometimes feel like the voting process is a lot like a child's toy, where it has buttons, levers, switches, etc that the kid can press, pull, turn and it keeps them busy but it doesn't do a G/D thing. I often feel like that is how voting is. It's like a passifier for the masses.

Then I also feel like the Rep/Dem dichotomy is like a Giant eagle killing it's prey with either it's right or left talon's - does it matter which one it grab's it's prey with, then feasts upon it with it's beak/mouth.?

Yes, unless you grab a pizza on the way back home.

new topics

top topics

join