It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Police respond to reports of an active shooter at North Carolina High School

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: LSU2018

Is that allowed terminology in political campaigns?
I thought congress passed a law against such propaganda?

It doesn't come without being vilified I'm certain. Personal responsibility is utter rubbish and we shant expect anyone to possess such troublesome thoughts.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Exactly. Pretty much every other country has access to the same movies/TV/games that we have in the US. Many of them are less strict on regulating them as well. Yet none of them have the same issue with gun violence. So what makes the US different than all of these other countries?

Obviously the go to answer is the number of guns in the US. But that's a cop out. It goes much deeper than that. The way I see it, it comes down to the whole American mentality. The combination of hypercapitalist/"Greed is Good" philosophy that took over in the 80s mixed with this belief in a Horatio Alger-esque destiny is awaiting every citizen. We're conditioned from a very early age to believe that the needs, wants, and desires of the individual are more important than the whole.

So is it any surprise when damaged individuals believe that their pain or ideology supersedes the lives of others?

Games, yes, but surprisingly, not TV shows or movies. My friend in Germany said they all hate Hollywood because of the way we depict wars and such. They have always been told differently than we have.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: szino9

Somehow this has to stop, this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

So many young, bright people gone before they've even had a chance to leave their mark on the world.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" and everybody in America, and I do mean Everybody comes together to end the senseless slaughter of innocents?

I agree this sucks and needs to stop. What is your suggestion to make it end?

We all get an implant that can put us to sleep if we get unruly.

The government has a remote to turn us of in case of emergency, we can trust them.

I say we set up a laser initiated metal detection perimeter about 100 yards around the school, with a camera system, and when it goes off, there will be someone close to stop and frisk.

Im voting for force fields and plasma lasers.

There's no such thing as force fields, silly.

Yet.

I'm game.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

What about Japan or South Korea? Their movies and show are way more violent than what we have in the US. Yet they have some of lowest violence rates in the world. I would argue that is due to the fact that their societies are based around the belief that the needs of the community are more important than the needs of the individual. Something diametrically opposed to the staunch individualism promoted throughout US history.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Think about it, people can now be bullied 24-7 with the internet we have a generation of kids that think getting a lot of likes on something is an amazing accomplishment.

So if a kid is getting ostracized at school it can now continue when they go home and log on to the computer or on their phone, video taken can be posted to the web and now it follows them everywhere with no perceived escape from their tormentor.
They feel alone, lost and angry, and overlooked, then they see people get their names plastered all over the TV, they hear people talking about them, and maybe they see it as a chance to get their tormentor and get noticed.
Throw the drug coctail into the mix and you have an explosive remedy waiting for the match to light the fuse.

Or maybe I am tired and missing somthing.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I recall in the early 2000's a prototype system for tanks developed by the Brits that used an electronic discharge to counter incoming projectiles. It looked like a lightning strike when played in slow motion. That is kind of like an early forcefield. But the industry went with ERA instead to protect tanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sad state of affairs, it has been 2, no 0 days since our last mass shooting.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Probably already posted

Not a shooting.

Faulty equipment linked to report of active shooter at Topsail High School

www.wral.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
don't worry unemployment is low everything is great

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Sad state of affairs, it has been 2, no 0 days since our last mass shooting.

Yup.
And it's the same old arguments in every thread with every shooting .

It's like if a car has faulty breaks, and everyone is trying figure out why it's hard to stop.. Reduce the speed limits, limit the cars top speed, better roads... Or change the breaks.

I don't know in what other facet in life where a person has a problem that keeps recurring and the solution is to not address the problem
edit on 9-11-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Probably already posted

Not a shooting.

www.wral.com...

Unfortunately, this doesn't mean a school shooting won't happen this year... It was just a false alarm...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
...and what would you suggest, wise one?

I live about as far away from North Carolina as it's possible to and still be in the 48 contiguous.

Your mockery certainly isn't a solution, so tell me, what's your solution. I could guess, but wouldn't want to deprive you of your chance to enlighten us with your wisdom.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Ban all guns and instant death penalty for anyone found in possession of one?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No, it's not, but it has been the tipping point, the final straw if you will.

As a sole cause, maybe not, but it is part of the problem. As is the drugging of problems, rather than healing, as best can be done, mental issues, or other issues for that matter.

Those drug ads scare the crap out of me sometimes with the list of "possible" side effects--many are as bad, if not worse, than the problem they're supposedly treating...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Oh, how original!! Yep. You should run for office!! /jk

Shoot the horse that can't make the jump, keep doing it 'til a horse makes it.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

What about Japan or South Korea? Their movies and show are way more violent than what we have in the US. Yet they have some of lowest violence rates in the world. I would argue that is due to the fact that their societies are based around the belief that the needs of the community are more important than the needs of the individual. Something diametrically opposed to the staunch individualism promoted throughout US history.

I'm not sure about them. But Japan and South Korea also have discipline and that plays a major role in all of this. America is way too emotional anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

No, bullying isn't new. Not even remotely.

But there's bullying, then there's Bullying. I suffered the latter in school, and some of the issues from those long ago days, still have a habit of popping up.

Now, I, too, had access to guns as a child, and didn't shoot up a school, or church, or anything else.

But the rage is something I can totally understand which is, at least partially, the trigger for these events. No pun intended. That black, unrelenting rage of someone who can't fight back because it's never one bully, it's almost always multiple, and you're never angry at just the bullies...you're angry at the people around who didn't help, as well.

No, bullying isn't the entirety of the issue, but it is a significant part of it. If it were, the problem would be an easy fix.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
Probably already posted

Not a shooting.

www.wral.com...

Unfortunately, this doesn't mean a school shooting won't happen this year... It was just a false alarm...

Never let a crisis go to waste, right?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

That's certainly part of it.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: szino9

Somehow this has to stop, this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

So many young, bright people gone before they've even had a chance to leave their mark on the world.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" and everybody in America, and I do mean Everybody comes together to end the senseless slaughter of innocents?

I agree this sucks and needs to stop. What is your suggestion to make it end?

If I had one I'd be on here asking everyone to help me get my idea to the White House and put an end to this once and for all. I don't, as I have said on here numerous times.

The issue is that people with certain mental health issues should not be allowed near a firearm, mental health professionals would need to work with the police and other agencies to tell them if and when somone needs to be de-armed. Then there's issues straight off, anytime you try and [even suggest trying to] take arms off people you have a backlash. Also, can you imagine how some of these people with mental health issues might react to the news that "the man" was coming to take your guns away? I've seen the phrase "from my cold dead hands" bandied about on this very site an awful lot...

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join