It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Police respond to reports of an active shooter at North Carolina High School

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

Is there a better defense or deter against someone trying harm me and my family? Is there a better way to deter a Tyrannical Government?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: rhynouk

Sure I agree that if you want gun free zones, it should be guaranteed gun free! Controlled entrances with metal detectors, armed guards and gun storage lockers for legal carriers to store their weapons before entering(ex. Courthouses) . Short of this "Gun Free" Zones should be illegal!

Lots of schools already have this. The problem is when a stranger walks up, armed to the teeth, and ready to kill as many as he can before he kills himself. The armed guards are the first ones taken out, then all the kids scrambling. A gunman could do that at a courthouse, too, if he wanted to bad enough. Those things just stop the students who are going to school, or the people going to court.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Let the Teachers Carry if they choose to and qualify to CCW!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: szino9

Somehow this has to stop, this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

So many young, bright people gone before they've even had a chance to leave their mark on the world.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" and everybody in America, and I do mean Everybody comes together to end the senseless slaughter of innocents?

I agree this sucks and needs to stop. What is your suggestion to make it end?
originally...

Gov't was not the educator....they took it from churches....

So home schooling and to let the kids meet......the mall!

wouldn't it be nice to bring back the culture we all grew up with. Either stuff like this didn't happen as often, or we just missed it due to the lack of internet. But somehow, I remember personal responsibility being a larger factor back then.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I think part of the issue here (as it always seems to be) is about money/funding. Nobody wants to pony up the costs to implement effective counter measures. I had a long time family friend (recovering addict) come stay with me for a while to hide out from an abusive BF. Long story short I noticed some valuables missing one day and me being me spoke up about it only to be met with persistent denial. Later that same day I went and purchased a safe, I took expedient action and spent money on the process to protect my assets, problem solved effectively and immediately. I don’t have children but if I did I’d gladly fork up some tax money to have security measures at their schools ramped up, here take my money if it’s for a good cause.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: LSU2018
Because the other countries aren't ninnies.

I think we need to look at why other countries aren't loading up their citizens with psychotropic drugs.

For anyone who's travelled outside the country and watched TV while away you wont be seeing drug ads by the boatload telling you to take a pill and feel better while also experiencing nausea, vomitting, anal leakage, suicidal ideation, menopause, lessions, dizziness, irregular heartbeat and homicidal tendencies.

Damn if that's not the effing truth. You take on 30 more problems just to get rid of one. Wanna quit smoking? Try Chantix, but you could end up depressed with suicidal thoughts and nightmares. I mean, come on man, keep smoking. Then you're just killing yourself and not a mall or school or church full of innocent people that don't share your problems.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

No one seems to be addressing this, firearms are just the vehicle, not the root cause.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

what is your suggestion to fix this issue?

Apparently we should stop watching John Wick movies.

Hey if you kill my dog I will be coming for you!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Is it Dungeons & Dragons that you're playing on the 1985 NES or listening to Judas Priest backerds?

Yes.

I knew it, Michael Langdon.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

The reality is that it's not going to stop, not with all the gun control in the world.it can only be mitigated by training and arming teachers to stop it as soon as it starts.

Until all the retards realize this we will continued to lose kids

Jaden

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So many young, bright people gone before they've even had a chance to leave their mark on the world.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" and everybody in America, and I do mean Everybody comes together to end the senseless slaughter of innocents?

We all get an implant that can put us to sleep if we get unruly.

The government has a remote to turn us of in case of emergency, we can trust them.

I say we set up a laser initiated metal detection perimeter about 100 yards around the school, with a camera system, and when it goes off, there will be someone close to stop and frisk.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
We are watching the result of decades of programming by the entertainment industry, along with Hollywood and the CIA, whom made a system where people feel miserable for who they are or what they look like.

You sound like Tipper Gore. Is heavy metal going to make me worship the Devil or playing video games make me into a mass murderer too?

Nop.

What a dumb thing to say.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro
Do you feel like an over reactive chicken little now?? Do me a favor and count how many school shooting gs there were in 2018. If you get a number you can count on both hands or less, you can clearly see that the propaganda works well with this horse manure claims of a growing epidemic.

And no, do not count false alarms like a faulty water heater or disingenuously count shootings near a school that were unrelated to the school at all like the fake media got caught lying about earlier this year.

If you believe there is some growing epidemic, you should probably stay in a padded room and just rock yourself to sleep with lullabies and prayers.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

We all get an implant that can put us to sleep if we get unruly.

The government has a remote to turn us of in case of emergency, we can trust them.

I say we set up a laser initiated metal detection perimeter about 100 yards around the school, with a camera system, and when it goes off, there will be someone close to stop and frisk.

Im voting for force fields and plasma lasers.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
Nop.

What a dumb thing to say.

So if music and video games don't make you a violent nut why do films or TV shows? Why can people control themselves with the former and not the latter?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
There have been at least 288 school shootings in the United States since January 1, 2009.
That's 57 times as many shootings as the other six G7 countries combined.

Perhaps its time to do something.. I wonder how americans feel by sending their kids at school, I would be very paranoid.

Where are you getting these numbers from? I ask because school shooting statistics are notoriously inflated by gun control advocates.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's not a simple answer at all, but for resume, IMHO, it's the preconditioning of the industry. The physical body standard which is imposed that creates the bullying and make people feel angry about themselves.

Why do people bully one another? Because they think they are superior.

And who pushes it? Hollywood and social media.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785
Because nobody with an agenda will read the truth you present, I will add relevant snippet for the record.

I have good news: The DOE’s estimate appears to be wildly exaggerated. NPR committed an act of journalism in the first degree and actually contacted each of the schools that reported a shooting to the DOE. It “found that more than two-thirds of these reported incidents never happened.”

So why were the numbers so wrong? Human error. It turns out that when you ask representatives of 96,000 different schools to fill out forms, some small percentage of them will make a mistake.

The genesis of the mistake lies in the department’s Civil Rights Data Collection effort, a massive survey that requires the nation’s schools to answer questions on a range of issues. For the most recent edition of the survey, the department added a seemingly simple question: “Has there been at least one incident at your school that involved a shooting (regardless of whether anyone was hurt)?” Nearly 240 schools — 0.2 percent of all schools surveyed — said yes.

The NPR report is almost comical:

Most of the school leaders NPR reached had little idea of how shootings got recorded for their schools.

For example, the CRDC reports 26 shootings within the Ventura Unified School District in Southern California.

“I think someone pushed the wrong button,” said Jeff Davis, an assistant superintendent there. The outgoing superintendent, Joe Richards, “has been here for almost 30 years and he doesn’t remember any shooting,” Davis added. “We are in this weird vortex of what’s on this screen and what reality is.”

The truth will hopefully set the 🐔 littles free. Until the next one where they completely ignore and forget their claims.s we're already debunked.
edit on 11-9-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

There have been at least 288 school shootings in the United States since January 1, 2009.

And yet the gun free zone act was created in 1990 to put an end to it.

Do WHAT just exactly?

Sane people don't follow the law, Do you honestly expect crazy people to?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   

That's a cop out answer to be honest. People don't need a reason, as a species we are violent and warlike and you blaming Media and TPTB is part of the reason these individuals problems aren't being addressed.

There's so much wrong with what you said I don't know where to start.

I am not excluding any reasons, in fact, I said these are just a few factors. Yes, we are a violent species. But we are talking about mass shootings.

When did they start to occur more frequently and what are the factors that may have contributed to it? You should start asking more questions. We have had guns for a long long time.

And to say guns aren't the problem is to not understand the problem in tbe first place, guns obviously are part of the problem else we wouldn't keep seeing mass shootings.

To say guns are the problem is to not understand at all the problem. I live in one of the most violent countries in the world, with one of the higher murder rate. And guess what? We do not have a right to bear a gun. Only criminals have one.

The crux of the problem is that people with cerrain mental health issues shouldn't be allowed near guns, I don't see how this can be rctified but I don't want to keep seeing headlines about school shootings or any other mass shooting.

Public opinion surveys suggest that many people think mental illness and violence go hand in hand. A 2006 national survey found, for example, that 60% of Americans thought that people with schizophrenia were likely to act violently toward someone else, while 32% thought that people with major depression were likely to do so.

In fact, research suggests that this public perception does not reflect reality. Most individuals with psychiatric disorders are not violent. Although a subset of people with psychiatric disorders commit assaults and violent crimes, findings have been inconsistent about how much mental illness contributes to this behavior and how much substance abuse and other factors do.
www.health.harvard.edu...

I know man, I'm tired as well of seeing our kids getting shot, but you're part of the 60% that still think a gun is the reason why people are violent.

Guns are just the tool they use, if there's no guns they'll use knives, baseball bets, even a shoe to kill someone.

but I know it isn't as black and white as all that.

Well one thing you got right in your post...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join