It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Police respond to reports of an active shooter at North Carolina High School

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: djz3ro
a reply to: szino9

Somehow this has to stop, this is getting beyond ridiculous now.

So many young, bright people gone before they've even had a chance to leave their mark on the world.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" and everybody in America, and I do mean Everybody comes together to end the senseless slaughter of innocents?

I agree this sucks and needs to stop. What is your suggestion to make it end?

We all get an implant that can put us to sleep if we get unruly.

The government has a remote to turn us of in case of emergency, we can trust them.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Remember when one guy tried to take a bomb onto a plane in his shoe, and now everybody in the world every time they fly has to take their shoes off?

But all that can be done about guns in the hands of mentally ill people is 'thoughts and prayers'?

Good point.

Let's put TSA at every school in America.

"TSA recommends you arrive to your school one hour before your first class, an hour and a half if you're tan, and 2 hours if you're tan and have any kind of head dress on".

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

So many young, bright people gone before they've even had a chance to leave their mark on the world.

At what point do you say "enough is enough" and everybody in America, and I do mean Everybody comes together to end the senseless slaughter of innocents?

We all get an implant that can put us to sleep if we get unruly.

The government has a remote to turn us of in case of emergency, we can trust them.

well, you did offer a solution. And I can't think of a single problem with it. I say let's give it a shot.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Wilmington News

Water Heater...

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I say let's give it a shot.

Ohhhh, OHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Too soon.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Agreed. I also believe the Reagan Era shutdown of mental health facilities as well as the explosion of psycho-tropic prescription meds, in conjunction with what you stated, certainly could be and in my opinion, would be heavily contributing factors, save a direct and complete correlation otherwise.
A long running plan that's slow to unfold.
Purposely. IMO.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: hitparader
Wilmington News

Water Heater...

Oh cool everyone, it was just a water heater.

A. That's hysterical, for us, not them. Stupid dummies.

B. Jokes aside, it's sad that any loud noise makes anyone in a effing school think it's about to hit the fan and lots of people are going to die.

We had a similar situation happen in my city, Someone through a pallet outside onto the ground, someone said gun shots.... Next thing you know, militarized swat is sweeping each room pointing AR's at the childrins.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hitparader

OOPS!!!

Bet some folks are feeling a little silly right about now!!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

having you been watching the new season of South Park? School shootings have become so de rigueur there that the kids aren't even phased anymore.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The gun violence in inner cities is far far worse. The shootings at schools and events are not even a close second but I will ignore that problem entirely and propose a solution for the latter.

Mental illness, PTSD, felons. No guns period. Once diagnosed or convicted of serious crime no guns. I'm retired military and that is the first order of business to address. We don't allow military pilots to fly without 20/20 vision and we have mandatory retirement ages for airline pilots for very specific reasons so why are we allowing people to "fly" so to speak. It's extremely irresponsible as a society and the results of it are starring us in the face.

Whenever this is brought up though the outrage goes through the roof. Drug companies don't want it just like they don't like having to explain all the side effect of their products like the Micro Machine spokesman at the end of the drug commercial.

edit on 9-11-2018 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Grambler
Well he shouldn’t have been rolling those barrels at you

That's what I said!!!!!!

No one got it, not her, not the zoo workers and definitely not the police. But I'll tell you who got it, the monkey! Right up side the head, now they're down another one.

Seriously, does anyone take responsibility for their actions or does it always have to be someone else's fault that you're a major malfunction in life?

Personal responsibility

That would literally be the crux of my entire platform if I ran for office

In today’s world, that would probably be a huge loser

But never fear!

When I lose my election, I know it’s violent video games fault because I am perfect it could t be a problem with me!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally...

Gov't was not the educator....they took it from churches....

So home schooling and to let the kids meet......the mall!
edit on 9-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

link   

a reply to: CriticalStinker

having you been watching the new season of South Park? School shootings have become so de rigueur there that the kids aren't even phased anymore.

Excellent point.

Am I going to hell for laughing at the first episode this season?

Or am I going to hell for driving around with an air horn last week and scaring the # out of people at crosswalks?

I'm going to hell, I just need to know why.

link   
a reply to: Grambler

You can also blame it on that shootout scene from The Matrix.

I know it made me want to walk on walls sideways and shoot up a lobby.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:13 AM
link   

I think it's mostly that you sold your soul for a box of ciggies and a hamburger.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
We are watching the result of decades of programming by the entertainment industry, along with Hollywood and the CIA, whom made a system where people feel miserable for who they are or what they look like.

That's why people become violent.

That's a cop out answer to be honest. People don't need a reason, as a species we are violent and warlike and you blaming Media and TPTB is part of the reason these individuals problems aren't being addressed.

And to say guns aren't the problem is to not understand the problem in tbe first place, guns obviously are part of the problem else we wouldn't keep seeing mass shootings. The crux of the problem is that people with cerrain mental health issues shouldn't be allowed near guns, I don't see how this can be rctified but I don't want to keep seeing headlines about school shootings or any other mass shooting.

It really does seem that you care more about your right to bear arms than the youth of your nation but I know it isn't as black and white as all that.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
We are watching the result of decades of programming by the entertainment industry, along with Hollywood and the CIA, whom made a system where people feel miserable for who they are or what they look like.

You sound like Tipper Gore. Is heavy metal going to make me worship the Devil or playing video games make me into a mass murderer too?

Heavy metal has nothing to do with devil worship.
But no, it wont. But calling people names and bullying will.
Our society has a standard to how people should live and act, and if you dont follow that standard, youre not worth much in the eye of society.
People ridicule and bully everybody who doesnt think like them, and mass media plays a big role in how it became so.
Kids bully each other all the time, and they learn it from the grown ups. Just take a look at how American politics works.
Two hell with actual politics, it is all about ridicule and making the opponent look like crap.

We can blame society, but we are all quilty.
But the so called "rolemodels" in mass media are rotten to the core, just like politicans and cia, fbi etc. So there is a reason the usually get the blame.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
Those numbers are false and propaganda..any shootings around schools are counted. The problem is much deeper then that. I also blam hollyweird for a lot of this. Movies are packed with violence and guns, the same gun toting actors say it’s the guns fault. TheATS knee jerk reaction is entertaining at best.lets see what this really is then react. a reply to: Spacespider

I wouldn't blame it on the violent movies. I was an 80's kid and we never chopped limbs off with machetes or anything like that, plus there were plenty of movies with guns back then. BUT, I would definitely blame Hollyweird for their coddling of bullied kids (when they couldn't care less). I used to get punched in the arm all the time by a black kid who claimed to be related to Spud Webb, when I was in the 8th grade. I was also bullied by a guy who was supposed to be a Sophomore but was in the 7th grade with us. He took my David Robinson Pumps the same week my mom finally bought them for me after months of begging. I got them back when he threw them at my head because I kept begging for them back. I haven't heard from the black kid since the last day of 8th grade because he moved and the shoe taker spent most of his 20's and 30's in jail. I never once thought about shooting the two of them, even though I already had two guns of my own by that age, and I just kept trucking through school like I was taught to do. And also, suicide never once crossed my mind. My 16 year old son was 13 when his first classmate killed herself due to bullying.

Parents need to do more for their kids, and take away social media until the child is mature enough to handle it. My 16 year old son JUST got a phone and social media and we monitor everything he does and will continue to do so until he's 18. I refuse to let my kids become statistics if I can help it.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I think it's mostly that you sold your soul for a box of ciggies and a hamburger.

I got a good deal on that. Satan is gonna be pissed when he finds out I don't even have a soul.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

Bullying has existed since forever and we didn't have these shootings until recently. It isn't solely bullying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join