It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Recent Pictures of The Lunar Landing site

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Gosh dern it, Gazrok, where is that "applaud" button?!
I can't seem to find one for you.

Hehe...as if I needed points?

I'm perfectly content with the verbal atta boy...thanks

I usually trot this one out when all the "we didn't land on the moon" stuff rears it's head again...

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Man, in 1969 they couldn't even make a car that didn't overheat haha....how on Earth could they build a space craft to land on the moon &come back?....and ever since, we haven't gone back, or walked on any other planets....strange. It seems hard enough to do today to me, nevermind nearly 40 years ago....

Think of mass production versus individual production and cost versus material. Traveling to other planets would wreak hell onto a persons body, as it's been shown to do with the loss of bone mass.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeboiabe
usally when they launch land rovers and stuff they only show a few pictures of it i think there hidding stuff from from the public about the pictures they get. i thought this was a democracy one of the fundimentel principles is the people are the source to all government power

I dont think Nasa holds back images, the people working on these missions have put years into them, and are dedicated on the goal.

Personally I think Nasa does a great job, while ESA (:dn
, I think they are horrable, there LACK OF images astounds me, the huygens probe for instance...COME ON, the FEW pics that got released were very poor quality and were late on showing up, most people who knew the time that the spacecraft was to enter Titans atmosphere were waiting and watching news channels to see what its surface looked like...But the didn't release pictures until the next day! The same goes for SMART-1, which is currently the only thing orbiting our moon, The pics that our on there site are poor quality, they arn't near the quality that it can produce, there also no mosiacs of the moon, and the smart-1 site hasn't even had a new picture put on it in over a month! While Nasa on the other hand...When the Mars Rovers landed they gave out info constently, they didn't recieve the photos and and combine some for a better picture, they released the pics once they got them, some were great, some weren't impressive, but the point is they released them immediatly, and showed the mission planners at nasa the moment they knew the craft had landed on Mars, I remember watching all that Live on Nasa TV. Same Goes for Cassini, a billion dollar spacecraft that has being taking great pics of Saturn, One of the newest pics is a mosiac comprised of 126 images of Saturn, and it looks great, the rings are stunning in that high quality!

Whiskey Jack
But to the hardcore conspiracy theorist, the Smart 1 module's images are no more proof positive than are the Apollo missions'. It's as easy to fake a satellite image of the moon as it is a handheld camera's. Give me a picture of someone in the desert, Photoshop, and an hour and I can have a reasonable picture of "A guy, in shorts, on the Moon." Well, reasonable except for the guy standing on the moon without life support

I dont think Nasa or Esa or Jaxa or any other space agency would release photoshopped pics. Because they could be proved to be false. maybe not now...but eventually, and they would loose all there credibility.

GB2005
I always wondered why no new photos of the landing site have ever been taken, you would think the public would get updated at some point you know? Like some photos of the rover &the flag.....

It sounds like you want a close-up pic of em, which wont happen for awhile yet, justr a little side note: When the last astronauts left the moon its said that the thrust from there rocket engine blew the flag over.

Neon Haze
Scientists say the moon was formed when a planetoid collided with earth when earth was still forming... So if this is true then the moon would be an excellent source of Minerals...... so why then has there been no attempt in 40 years to mine the moon??? We have the technology today to do that...

First off all, i'de just like to say that I believe we went to the moon, and it wasn't all an elaborate hoax, the Soziet Union would of called our bluff if it was. As for the minerals, i'm sure there are a lot of minerals on the moon, one we know for certain is Titanium, there a LOT of Titanium, which is an excellent matel to make...well a lot with, like buildings for the moon or build spacecraft that will go from the moon to the earth, you can also use it to build machines and (water) tanks, since the moon does have water, the question that is still un answered is how much.
I think your idea is not good, the whole "Mine the moon and send its contents to earth", earth has tons of resources, I think whats on the moon should stay there and be used for a colonizing the moon. I'm glad that Nasa (and others) are finally putting more focus on our moon then on the ISS.
I to want better pictures of the Moon. Nasa's next moon mission (LRO) is set for launch in 2008, it will have a 1/m resolution, I think it will be then that people will be able to see the old moon rover. Although a long way off I still can't wait for 2015-2020, when Nasa will go back to the Moon, for good this time. I would love to see people on the moon sending back live High Definition Video...what a site that would be.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RabidGoose
Maybe because the people that made car's that always over heated didn't make the Space Shuttle? I'm sure we wouldn't hire Toyota to come build a space shuttle.

We haven't walked on any other planets because other planets are harsh enivornments. That, and they are really far away. Mars would take what, 8 month trip one way in the space shuttle?

RabidGoose, what I meant by the overheating car bit was take a look at the technology we had in 1969.....it just seems hard to believe that nearly 40 years ago, that a moon landing was possible. I can't make up my mind if it really happened or not.

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   

GB2005
it just seems hard to believe that nearly 40 years ago, that a moon landing was possible. I can't make up my mind if it really happened or not.

Its all relative. In 40 years people will be talking about how was it even possible with our low level of technology they were able to build an orbiting science laboratory (ISS). And several thousand years ago with the pyramids, people always seem to be building things that are viewed by other "ahead of their time".

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Maybe no recent pics because obviously no ones been there recently. If man did make it to the moon we would've been on our way to Mars

Don't belive all that is claimed for there is no logical truth to theories, man in a scapecraft to the moon would be like a bag of popcorn in the Microwave, with the techology we have to reach Jupiter, saturn why do you belive NASA doesn't send a unmanned satellite to the Moon?
Hmmmmmm.....

posted on Mar, 1 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2ndSEED
Maybe no recent pics because obviously no ones been there recently. If man did make it to the moon we would've been on our way to Mars

Don't belive all that is claimed for there is no logical truth to theories, man in a scapecraft to the moon would be like a bag of popcorn in the Microwave, with the techology we have to reach Jupiter, saturn why do you belive NASA doesn't send a unmanned satellite to the Moon?
Hmmmmmm.....

huh, thats hard to understand. BTW your analogy sucks.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Apollo Lunar Cover-up (trailer) - PYRAMIDS on the Moon!

You got to see this one.

The cover is there is MORE to see.
But what have we seen.

teslaandlyne (1 hour ago)
Illuminati Moon, Oh Shining Bright.
How Are The Astronauts Sleeping Tonight.
Never To See Their Beloved Lander Again.
Or Was It All A Misguided Feign.
by You Know How It Is

in reply to a reply to:

teslaandlyne (1 week ago) +8
How much to send a remote viewing orbiter to the Moon to check on the
Lunar Landing sites. How many would contribute? Check the thumbs up.

Got 8 thumbs up.. how about that Mr President Clinton.

What have you done for the Illuminati today.

Don't be Denying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join