It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China unveils an A.I. news anchor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Maybe they should just go back to having GWAR on the news. Not as creepy looking......

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   
How does one go from a simple robot with speech capabilities to A.I. ?

I will answer that - "Immmaaagggiiinnnaaatiiooooonnnn" - Spongebob Squarepants....

I am just an old fuddy-duddy who likes to spoil the dreams of the gullible- Goth

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   
How much are these things? I want to start my own news network. But instead of human-like AI, I want dogs.

A Siberian Husky and Black Lab as co-anchors. Weather with a Beagle, and sports with a Greyhound. Opinion pieces by a Tabby Cat who doesn't care what your opinions are.

It would be the most watched and most trusted news program. Would a good boy lie to you?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TinySickTears

Agreed. So this won't change anything. It will eliminate jobs however.

Regardless of all of the political implications, the tech is cool. I mean it's been through a long road but to see where it's going is impressive.

I mean how is it cool?

It freaks me out.

You realize we are only a few short years from being completely unable to determine what is real and what is not right?

You do understand how much power that gives government right? It feels like we are destined to be slaves no matter what.

We were there decades ago with Max Headroom:

Favourite quote: "How do we know nuclear waste kills fish? Maybe the die then give off radiation"
edit on 9-11-2018 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
How much are these things? I want to start my own news network. But instead of human-like AI, I want dogs.

A Siberian Husky and Black Lab as co-anchors. Weather with a Beagle, and sports with a Greyhound. Opinion pieces by a Tabby Cat who doesn't care what your opinions are.

It would be the most watched and most trusted news program. Would a good boy lie to you?

You could start with Blender. That would let you create geometry to represent a character. Use particle system to render fur. You'll need to do some rigging to set up bones to animate the face. The hard part is getting all the animations you need for every syllable. There are markerless tracking software systems out there. Converting text to animations will require some kind of translation. Perhaps text->syllables->keyframe animation. Add some automatic actions like eye
blinking and page changing.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

They need to bring back Max Headroom

They need to bring back Howard Beale

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 03:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

what do you think?

Good! Since current news anchors all over the world can´t be bothered to not inject their opinion via smirks, smug faces, facial expressions and undertone, I find this a good technology for neutral news anchoring.

That is, until the day they start to make it more "human" and the above is used as a informational weapon.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I think it's creepy.
I'd have to turn the TV off and get my fake news from the interwebs.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
what do you think?

Why not make him look like Kurt Russell?

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah really this seems more like CGI than AI. Unless its writing its own dialogue.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: Gothmog

Yeah really this seems more like CGI than AI. Unless its writing its own dialogue.

You are correct.

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I love Max's statement that they found the cause of the pollution in the ocean...
It was all the dead fish.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join