It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Contacting Executives when Customer service is really reeeealy bad & Holiday shopping

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm not the type of person that is like "Can I talk to your manager" , for most things I just say screw it, but this is crazy.

I had an online account & cc with that company was hacked.
I was placing an order online I noticed someone was putting things into the cart. (I could see the items being put in the cart soo weird!)
They changed my email address and phone number too!

To make a very very long story short, I spent at least 6+ hours of my time trying to get this situated and save the company from shipping these items to this thief & charging up my card. They canceled everything and sent new cards. They ask me to reset all passwords etc.

So here is where it gets stupid. I reset the passwords, and as soon as I do, it automatically gets overridden with something else. I log out and try again, same thing. I call customer service one more time, I am put on hold for 30 minutes. The rep gets back on the phone and tells me that the department I need to talk to is NOT available!!! After 30 min. At this point I'm pissed.

That's when I send an email and copy every executive from that company I could find. (I know dick move, I don't care at this point)
Why do companies do this? The only way to get any assemblance of customer service is to yell the loudest, shame on social media, email executives etc. It shouldn't be this way!
I know I know, customer service is dead, gone, left the building. SOoooo frustrating. I'm going to be very leery of doing online holiday shopping. Please check your accounts and make sure to change your passwords often (if you can!) grrrrrrr

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Call your credit card company and cancel all pending purchases with that company until otherwise notified.

Then wait for your customer service issues to resolve.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

Call your credit card company and cancel all pending purchases with that company until otherwise notified.

Then wait for your customer service issues to resolve.

They are the credit card company! The card is through them too, see what I mean. It a store card.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Gotta ask was it Wayfair?
Cause if so about two months ago I had literally the same thing happen to me. In front of my very eyes just like you.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

Cause if so about two months ago I had literally the same thing happen to me. In front of my very eyes just like you.

No, it was Macy's. I don't even know why I have a card with them, I usually only shop there a few times a year. I'm going to cancel my entire account and card and only pay cash there.
Good to know about Wayfair too.

By the way, my thief had terrible taste in clothing!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

No, it was Macy's. I don't even know why I have a card with them, I usually only shop there a few times a year. I'm going to cancel my entire account and card and only pay cash there.
Good to know about Wayfair too.

By the way, my thief had terrible taste in clothing!!!!

Good to know about Macy’s. And my thief bought two rugs at $300 a pop and they were both the same ugly ass rug. And they also got this cool invisible wall hung book shelf. I actually kept that
And still got the refund for it.....SHH

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Due to my hours on the phone my thief didn't get jack!
They choose expedited shipping too!

Do you know how this scam works? How do they actually get the items? Where does it get shipped to?
Do they pick it up in the store? For mine, they only changed the phone number and email address.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

They changed the shipping address and phone number. And then somehow fedex came me crap for this also. It was a day long ordeal. The items actually got shipped but went to the address and told the couple living there about what happened. When the package arrived they called me and then it was a waiting game for them to get shipped back.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
You emailed every executive in the company you could find, to complain that someone spent 30 minutes trying to help you and then had the audacity to be honest and tell you they are no longer available for the day rather than lie to you about some other excuse? Do these people not understand how valuable your time is? I can't imagine how much you are probably forgoing right NOW telling us all about your actions today.

For shame that they can't utterly control every aspect of reality to give us what we want when we want it. For shame. One thing is for sure, all those executives will be standing in line to assist you I am certain. That was definitely a great idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

As smarmy as your post is, it's TRUE. Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

I'm not the type of person that is like "Can I talk to your manager" , for most things I just say screw it, but this is crazy.

I had an online account & cc with that company was hacked.
I was placing an order online I noticed someone was putting things into the cart. (I could see the items being put in the cart soo weird!)
They changed my email address and phone number too!

To make a very very long story short, I spent at least 6+ hours of my time trying to get this situated and save the company from shipping these items to this thief & charging up my card. They canceled everything and sent new cards. They ask me to reset all passwords etc.

So here is where it gets stupid. I reset the passwords, and as soon as I do, it automatically gets overridden with something else. I log out and try again, same thing. I call customer service one more time, I am put on hold for 30 minutes. The rep gets back on the phone and tells me that the department I need to talk to is NOT available!!! After 30 min. At this point I'm pissed.

That's when I send an email and copy every executive from that company I could find. (I know dick move, I don't care at this point)
Why do companies do this? The only way to get any assemblance of customer service is to yell the loudest, shame on social media, email executives etc. It shouldn't be this way!
I know I know, customer service is dead, gone, left the building. SOoooo frustrating. I'm going to be very leery of doing online holiday shopping. Please check your accounts and make sure to change your passwords often (if you can!) grrrrrrr

Sorry, I hope you get lots of coal this Christmas. You're the worst individual a company could hope to deal with. I hope there are laws on the books for basket cases like you in the future.

Social media shaming because YOU let your identity be compromised?

As a business owner, i have so many choice words for you that are not allowed here.

Edit** you trolled Macy's LOL trololololol
edit on 8-11-2018 by SR1TX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
You emailed every executive in the company you could find, to complain that someone spent 30 minutes trying to help you and then had the audacity to be honest and tell you they are no longer available for the day rather than lie to you about some other excuse? Do these people not understand how valuable your time is? I can't imagine how much you are probably forgoing right NOW telling us all about your actions today.

For shame that they can't utterly control every aspect of reality to give us what we want when we want it. For shame. One thing is for sure, all those executives will be standing in line to assist you I am certain. That was definitely a great idea.

30 minutes!! I wish!!! If you read what I wrote you will see that I said I spent 6+ hours, and then an additional 30 minutes on hold which was what broke the camel's back.

I don't know about you, but i'd say that almost a full days work on the phone with customer service is absolutely more than any customer should have to endure. Exactly HOW much would you have put up with full week? I don't think so!
I talked to no less than 10 customer service reps, different departments, and at least 3 people that didn't speak English well enough to work in a call center handling American calls, one rep couldn't even understand what hacked meant!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Sorry, I hope you get lots of coal this Christmas. You're the worst individual a company could hope to deal with. I hope there are laws on the books for basket cases like you in the future. Social media shaming because YOU let your identity be compromised? As a business owner, i have so many choice words for you that are not allowed here.

Wow, You think I deserve coal because a company failed to secure my financial and private information?
Read up on Macy's they have a security breach in which customers information was compromised. In addition they have weak security. Nice trying to blame it on me the customer.
You think I deserve coal even though I spent a FULL business dayon the phone with numerous (at least 10) inept customer service agents?

Seriously, for those criticizing me, I really wonder how long exactly do you expect a customer to work with your service reps. Is 20 calls enough, perhaps 100?? Is Three days enough, maybe a week, perhaps you'd like us to devote an entire month trying to get our account and information secure because your workers can't even speak ENGLISH!!!!!!!

You are the worst type of business owner if you think that customers deserve that or will put up that that crap, because we won't. I went above and beyond what any customer should have.
There are laws on the books for customers like me against the company that failed to protect my information.

edit on 8-11-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
nvm... misunderstood post. My apologies.
edit on 11/8/2018 by Subrosabelow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

Thanks, and no my email isn't being forwarded and I have virus protection on my machine.
I was never contacted by them, but I very rarely shop online with them or use my card.

I really believe it is all them:

fortune.com...

Macy’s (M, +1.61%) has become the latest retailer to be hit by customer data intruders.

The department store chain said on Tuesday that hackers had gotten hold of the names and passwords of some customers and may even have gained access to their credit card numbers and expiration dates, though not the four-digit security codes, which it does not store. But the breach was small in scale, Macy’s said, hitting about 0.5% of customers registered on macys.com or bloomingdales.com, the site operated by Macy’s upscale sister chain

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone
a reply to: sputniksteve

As smarmy as your post is, it's TRUE. Sometimes the truth is hard to swallow.

Macy's customer service is lacking, no one should have to spend 6+ hours on the phone, and then another 30 min to be told they can't help. I'm not the only one either;

www.consumeraffairs.com...
I'm not alone, Almost 1400 complaints!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
The email to the executives was a waste of time.
I had a similar thing happen to me.

Someday I got an email with a bill from a US "rent my shed/flat/house for a couple days" website. Starts with V....

Anyways I got the bill, and then another one about some travel insurance. It was a four digit amount. My real name on everything except not my credit card and not my address.

So I logged into that VRBO account because I could not contact live support without it. I tried for a long time to make them aware that probably, the other one with my real name, probably had a typo in his emailadress when he registered.

"I understand"...
"I understand"...
He did not... I explained it to them several times, that they need to contact the credit card owner. A week later, I get all the access informations (passcode, second key, WLAN) for the shed. How many bathrooms, where the towels are etc.
They wanted me to call him, I said, I´m not going to do an international, intercontinental call in bad english through several timezones, when it´s their business. It would do more harm then good. They "understood".

So I told them that I´m going to log-out now and before that, I change the password to some arbitrary string. I basically shut myself out, but yes, I could have reset the password. I saved the conversation on the live-chat, just to be sure.

So I replied to that email (the actual owner) and she was very happy that I got notified her about this. V... didn´t care a single bit. If not for my honesty, the poor one that shares my complete name but lives in the USA, would have had a really bad day.

I told the owner that they please contact/phone that other guy.

I still receive some emails from him, now and then. I wrote a letter to him, too. Explaining that he needs to get his email correct because I get all his stuff everytime.

V... said we "have the same emailadress at google" wich is bull# and technically not possible. He just switched his fore- and lastname with the dot in between. So I still get his stuff but if I email him on the correct address, that I got from the owner, nothing comes back, I just get ignored, although the emails are being read.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Sorry, I hope you get lots of coal this Christmas. You're the worst individual a company could hope to deal with. I hope there are laws on the books for basket cases like you in the future. Social media shaming because YOU let your identity be compromised? As a business owner, i have so many choice words for you that are not allowed here.

Wow, You think I deserve coal because a company failed to secure my financial and private information?
Read up on Macy's they have a security breach in which customers information was compromised. In addition they have weak security. Nice trying to blame it on me the customer.
You think I deserve coal even though I spent a FULL business dayon the phone with numerous (at least 10) inept customer service agents?

Seriously, for those criticizing me, I really wonder how long exactly do you expect a customer to work with your service reps. Is 20 calls enough, perhaps 100?? Is Three days enough, maybe a week, perhaps you'd like us to devote an entire month trying to get our account and information secure because your workers can't even speak ENGLISH!!!!!!!

You are the worst type of business owner if you think that customers deserve that or will put up that that crap, because we won't. I went above and beyond what any customer should have.
There are laws on the books for customers like me against the company that failed to protect my information.

I wish you'd have spent 10 hours on the phone as it's clearly the story of your life.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

Whatever, I don't always believe the customer is right, but in this case I am right and you are not a big enough person to admit it.
Ignorance is a sure way to run your so called business into the ground (ask Sears!) Which I doubt you really have in the first place with views like yours!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
If the company was cracked (not "hacked") it may be not directly their fault in case a third party piece of equipment or software was breached.

However, they are in charge for the security of your personal information.

Blaming bad service on some customers impatience because his money is at stake is a no go. It leaves the customer who has put his trust into that service at peril.

But as understandable as one´s rage/fear/whatever is at that moment, writing emails to some executives won´t work in most cases. They will just forward it to their "[email protected]" email address and go on with their day.

It just adds a time-overhead to it. Don´t you have a number to call to lock the credit card? This would have been my first reaction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join