It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience with ghost hunting phone app.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Since my father sudden passing in August, I have been looking for signs or dreams, hoping I would hear from him. I am 44 with a family of my own, but still have had a hard time coming to grips with things.

I had dropped my cordless drill and broke it the day before, so on Monday I went and picked up a new one. On Tuesday I think it was, I had to run some errands for my mom. Upon taking her home, I mentioned that I thought I saw a battery among dads things, that might fit the new drill. She said it was fine to take it if I found it. This is an important part. I went down to the basement where he kept all his tools and stuff. I found the matching battery and charger in an old dresser that he had painted, removed the drawers and turned into shelves where he kept a lot of his tools.

I own a small business making products for RC vehicles, mostly RC planes.

I was bored while burning instructional DVDs for the products, so started looking at apps to play with on the phone. I had just finished up the assembly of a bunch of components.

I have always had a fascination with ghosts, monsters, aliens, UFOs, etc., but also quite skeptical. I have watched a lot of ghost hunting programs, but have never been totally convinced. I thought I would see if there was a ghost hunting app, just to play with and see if just maybe I could make contact with my father. I found one called Ghost Hunting Tools, that had some pretty good ratings, but some said it was fake. It was free, so I thought I would give it a go just for laughs.

The responses I received were more than I expected, and I have no way to explain at least 2 of them.

I think there are fake aspects to the app. Not sure if the EMF detector portion works or not. The static sound with mumbled voice I think is fake. But the word answers are something different.

Before starting the app I asked my dad to be with me, if he could hear me.

The first thing I did is to put the phone up next to the monitor to see if the EMF meter changed. I did see a change in one of the lines on the graph. I have a small box heater about 5 foot to my left, as I work out of a converted shed that gets cold. I reached the phone over to the heater, which was on, to see if it had an effect on the EMF. Just as I was pulling my arm back from in front of the heater it came up with 2 words.

"warm air"

I was kind of blown away. I doubt the phone has a way of detecting heat, at least not from just a couple of seconds in front of the heater.

A couple of minutes later it came up with "sand", which I have no idea what might mean. At this point I was beginning to question the app.

I asked him to come talk to me and such, it then came up with "sacrilege". Interesting, as our faith has taught us that we should not be messing with things like this. I was still very skeptical and said something like "I think this app is fake".

The next word was "doubt". Interesting.

Next word was the name "Mandy", which in itself means nothing to me. My name is Andrew, but my father called me Andy, mis-interpretation?

I needed to change DVDs, to burn more. I was talking to him/myself saying how busy things were. It came up with 2 words in fairly fast succession, "assemble" and "scientist". Interesting as to what I was doing, and just got finished doing, but inconclusive.

Still talking about all the things I had to do, it came up with "David". This is really interesting as I used to have a part time employee that would help with assembly and packing by the name of David, goes by Dave. He left about a year ago for a better job. Was this my dads way of asking about Dave helping me to get caught up?

I now began asking if it was him, tell me something that we would both know. A verification.

The word "over" came up. I said "over what, over where, turn something over? I don't understand."

The app then said "Earth". Over Earth? Could that mean he is over the Earth looking down? After thinking on it a while it may have another meaning. I have been working on a nearly full size Cessna cockpit for a flight simulator. He loved that thing. We would take virtual plane rides. Could he have been referring to that?

Now this is where I am really stumped. I have no explanation for this. I asked again for something just the 2 of us would know. The app came up with "dresser". It confused me. I said "your dresser, my dresser, what? I don't understand."

The app then came up with the word "tool". Instantly I put it together. Just a couple hours earlier I had gotten the extra battery and charger from the converted dresser he kept a lot of his tools on. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I got chills all over and tears welled up.

I turned the app off, and have not had it back on since. I am not sure what to think. Most all of it could be random words that I am trying to put meaning to, but I just can't wrap my head around "warm air" while it was in front of the heater, or the "dresser" "tool". They were both just so accurate, I don't know the odds of it being coincidence.

Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I have received signs after love ones had passed. I felt very strongly they were messages to me that "everything was OK". The 'messages' were given once or twice within a couple days after the passing.
I believe if your dad wants to contact you, he will.

I would advise strongly against attempting to communicate with the other side. There are malevolent entities out there that want to deceive people. Impersonating a human who has passed on is definitely in their bag of tricks.

edit on 8-11-2018 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

Does it seem real to you?
Because thats all that matters isnt it?

Who cares what one of us around the world think about someone we have no connection with, or any emotion towards.

If it felt real to you, then it was just that.
Its real.
Not a single person in the world can prove that it wasnt your father trying to talk to you.
All others can do is speculate.
It made you happy. You got to exchange words with your father.
That is as real as it gets.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

strange you said that. I've just downloaded this tool. The first word came in was "malevolent"

since then got: army, mine, over, forrest, Landon, No Priest, Check, Moan, Shame, Famous, No camera, Brendan, Strong, Taylor, Hell, George, he bad, cows

Since the 5th word I am not even speaking...
edit on 8-11-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2018 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I had just downloaded "Ghost Radar" yesterday. I've felt in the past when I played with this app that it was a total sham. My step daughter and I were on our way home yesterday and we were talking about ghosts and spirits. So I decided to download and kill some time on our 40 min drive home. Our drive is out in the county / rural area. There are a lot of woods and farmland. The first word it comes up with is "Cattle". We both kinda chuckled, because we had passed a few cattle farms. Deep down, I believe these programs are crap, and will use GPS and listen to what you say and will say words accordingly.

First time I used this app I was in a WWII memorial building, that is now a local meeting place for the Rotary Club, and they have other events held there. Two of the many words it said was Japanese, and Dance. The woman that was the office manager told me about the strange happenings that occur at this place. I told her about 2 of the words, and when I said "Dance" she was awestruck. She told me the building was used for soldiers on leave as a dance hall in during WWII. I took it as it knew I was at the WWII Memorial building due to GPS, and so it put up those words.

I don't know, but they are a cool toy and fun to play around with.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Fun topic lol.

Like 4 years ago I went to this condemned abandoned asylum with this guy to try out stuff like these apps...

Well for like 15 min on the walk over there it didnt say anything.

After we got there the emf went off all over and it started saying crazy # like "doctor, patients, fire" etc which in itself was impressive and spooky lol.

Well we went out front and sat on the bench by these trees (and all the activity stopped) and as we walked up quietly I thought to myself "it'd be so freaky if it just said 'Death' right now" - and then like 2 or 3 min later it said "Death" and I turned it off.

I'm the only person who knows it happened because I didn't vocalize, I was silently thinking it. So yes I was truly freaked out, hahahah!!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

and then like 2 or 3 min later it said "Death" and I turned it off.

Creeeeepy!

In a lot of Asian cultures they believe that souls live in trees and the forest.

I had a house that had an ancient oak behind it. We are talking massive massive oak, estimated at around 600 years old.
I swear that tree had a soul. Children were drawn to that tree like candy. If you looked at the tree you could see a face.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Thanks all for the replies. Kind of cool to get differing perspectives on it.

I might have to try the app out someplace that is thought to be haunted sometime. This time around, I was just trying to make contact with my dad. Those 2 responses just puzzle me. I have a hard time believing those 2 were random. At the same time I have a hard time believing the app is real, and it could actually be working.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I thought to myself "it'd be so freaky if it just said 'Death' right now" - and then like 2 or 3 min later it said "Death" and I turned it off.

Isn't it unnerving to think that whatever was there had the ability to read your thoughts? The paranormal investigator John Keel (the Mothman Prophecies)said he had similar experiences.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I think maybe some fall into the trap of trying to make random words fit into their current circumstance. You see this all the time on some paranormal TV shows, especially Ghost Adventures. They tend to REALLY stretch to try and fit the words to be relevant.

It's kind of like pareidolia, and seeing animals etc in the clouds.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

Totally agree. Trying to make things fit, when there is really nothing there to fit together.

I was honestly trying not to do this. And most of the things it said could be random, and mean nothing. The "warm air" when it was in front of the heater, and the "dresser" "tool" really have me scratching my head though.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
Since my father sudden passing in August, I have been looking for signs or dreams, hoping I would hear from him. I am 44 with a family of my own, but still have had a hard time coming to grips with things.

I had dropped my cordless drill and broke it the day before, so on Monday I went and picked up a new one. On Tuesday I think it was, I had to run some errands for my mom. Upon taking her home, I mentioned that I thought I saw a battery among dads things, that might fit the new drill. She said it was fine to take it if I found it. This is an important part. I went down to the basement where he kept all his tools and stuff. I found the matching battery and charger in an old dresser that he had painted, removed the drawers and turned into shelves where he kept a lot of his tools.

I own a small business making products for RC vehicles, mostly RC planes.

I was bored while burning instructional DVDs for the products, so started looking at apps to play with on the phone. I had just finished up the assembly of a bunch of components.

I have always had a fascination with ghosts, monsters, aliens, UFOs, etc., but also quite skeptical. I have watched a lot of ghost hunting programs, but have never been totally convinced. I thought I would see if there was a ghost hunting app, just to play with and see if just maybe I could make contact with my father. I found one called Ghost Hunting Tools, that had some pretty good ratings, but some said it was fake. It was free, so I thought I would give it a go just for laughs.

The responses I received were more than I expected, and I have no way to explain at least 2 of them.

I think there are fake aspects to the app. Not sure if the EMF detector portion works or not. The static sound with mumbled voice I think is fake. But the word answers are something different.

Before starting the app I asked my dad to be with me, if he could hear me.

The first thing I did is to put the phone up next to the monitor to see if the EMF meter changed. I did see a change in one of the lines on the graph. I have a small box heater about 5 foot to my left, as I work out of a converted shed that gets cold. I reached the phone over to the heater, which was on, to see if it had an effect on the EMF. Just as I was pulling my arm back from in front of the heater it came up with 2 words.

"warm air"

I was kind of blown away. I doubt the phone has a way of detecting heat, at least not from just a couple of seconds in front of the heater.

A couple of minutes later it came up with "sand", which I have no idea what might mean. At this point I was beginning to question the app.

I asked him to come talk to me and such, it then came up with "sacrilege". Interesting, as our faith has taught us that we should not be messing with things like this. I was still very skeptical and said something like "I think this app is fake".

The next word was "doubt". Interesting.

Next word was the name "Mandy", which in itself means nothing to me. My name is Andrew, but my father called me Andy, mis-interpretation?

I needed to change DVDs, to burn more. I was talking to him/myself saying how busy things were. It came up with 2 words in fairly fast succession, "assemble" and "scientist". Interesting as to what I was doing, and just got finished doing, but inconclusive.

Still talking about all the things I had to do, it came up with "David". This is really interesting as I used to have a part time employee that would help with assembly and packing by the name of David, goes by Dave. He left about a year ago for a better job. Was this my dads way of asking about Dave helping me to get caught up?

I now began asking if it was him, tell me something that we would both know. A verification.

The word "over" came up. I said "over what, over where, turn something over? I don't understand."

The app then said "Earth". Over Earth? Could that mean he is over the Earth looking down? After thinking on it a while it may have another meaning. I have been working on a nearly full size Cessna cockpit for a flight simulator. He loved that thing. We would take virtual plane rides. Could he have been referring to that?

Now this is where I am really stumped. I have no explanation for this. I asked again for something just the 2 of us would know. The app came up with "dresser". It confused me. I said "your dresser, my dresser, what? I don't understand."

The app then came up with the word "tool". Instantly I put it together. Just a couple hours earlier I had gotten the extra battery and charger from the converted dresser he kept a lot of his tools on. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I got chills all over and tears welled up.

I turned the app off, and have not had it back on since. I am not sure what to think. Most all of it could be random words that I am trying to put meaning to, but I just can't wrap my head around "warm air" while it was in front of the heater, or the "dresser" "tool". They were both just so accurate, I don't know the odds of it being coincidence.

Thoughts?
I

Here's a thought. Try asking in abstracts...such as where did we go on vacation in...or...name of the hotel or motel...what year did cousin Jane get married....name of my grade school.....etc.

I am a sensitive...always was...and I think if you ask abstract/obscure questions....and get really specific answers...you'll validate the experience by receiving things that can't be programmed into the apps..which I think they do.**

**Sorry for your loss as well. And the veil between world's is becoming thinner and thinner these days...Listen. Pay attention. Contact comes in many subtle ways maybe only you would pick up on.

God bless...M.S.
edit on 8-11-2018 by mysterioustranger because: OOPS

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Why does it seem that when people die they a) hang about and b) lose the ability to speak coherent sentences?
Always puzzled me
People go to mediums and seances and the medium is allegedly talking to a dead person so why doesn't that dead person just say "Hiya my name is Joe Bloggs and I want to talk to my daughter Anne you have sitting in front of you"....never happens

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Why does it seem that when people die they a) hang about and b) lose the ability to speak coherent sentences?
Always puzzled me
People go to mediums and seances and the medium is allegedly talking to a dead person so why doesn't that dead person just say "Hiya my name is Joe Bloggs and I want to talk to my daughter Anne you have sitting in front of you"....never happens

LOL, good question. It sure would be nice if they did.

Most mediums I think are bunk, out for the money. I think there may be some with a real gift however. Far and few between.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Like others have mentioned - I think it's more likely the user is making random words or random signs "fit" into their situation. What did they say on the Hill House series? "Ghosts are wishes".

I believe it's more likely that living beings have the power to manifest these "signs" themselves and attribute them to the deceased than vs. the other way around. We are in pain and looking for answers so we project those answers in an effort to console ourselves.

The moment my mother passed in hospice I heard wind chimes. Very significant with respect to the person she was and the situation but highly unusual since it was in the winter-time when most people put their chimes away and the fact that no one around my house has wind chimes. Was that her telling me goodbye? Or did I hear that in my head in an attempt to console myself?

Hours before my sister died, horribly I might add, she came to me in a dream, we were in a small room with only three walls, she looked thin and waifish as she did in real life. She hugged me and it was like hugging a skeleton, skin and bones. I said to her "You look like a rag-doll" to which she replied "That's ok, I love ya, see ya later", then she walked off and faded away down a long country road. Again, significant to her situation. Was that her saying goodbye? Or was that me saying goodbye to her knowing in my heart she wouldn't survive the tragedies of that night? I don't think we'll ever really know.

Last, I'll echo what others have said about not playing with that stuff. There are mysteries in this life that should remain mysteries.

Please remember... if you knock on the Devil's door long enough, sooner or later, he'll answer.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MrRCflying

I am sorry for your loss.

If this type of thing interests you
as it does me, look up
ITC [Instrumental Trans-communication]

It is a very interesting phenomenon.
I agree with Mystery Stranger
ask questions only he and you know the answers to.
and even then...be careful.

I have done EVP recordings without the help
of a word modulator, and have recorded voices clear as day answering questions.
It is a strange thing indeed.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
IMO EVP's are a much better way to communicate, although audio pareidolia can affect what you think you hear, trying to hear words that are relevant. Most EVPs are not real clear, which lends itself to interpretation. Often it won't even be words, but indigestion, the mic rubbing on something, or someone talking elsewhere you didn't notice while recording.

The clear, class A EVPs are awesome though. I was on an investigation, alone in one room digging through my kit to find a piece of equipment. I was running a recorder and talking out loud, saying something to the effect that we were there to help. I was having a problem finding the gear I was looking for and fumbling around. Listened to it later, heard a voice saying "Look at him. How is he going to help us?" in kind of a humorous tone

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: vlawde

I actually never offer to help "them". I still am unsure what "they" actually are.

"It" responded directly to my thoughts that time with some random app. And it was silent for a long time right before the "Death" thing.

Maybe humans em field subtly affects all our tech, like somehow our thoughts via telekinesis cause the tinest quantum variation in their random number generators?

If it's ghosts, aliens, angels n demons, the Admin of the Matrix, psychic whatever I have no idea. A lot of those probably overlap a lot more than we currently appreciate.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
In 2001 when Mom left this existence for another, I became interested in contacting the other realm. At that time there were no apps, so I bought some books and learned about pendulums, automatic writing, and Ouija- then did some experimentation. Scientists and skeptics will say that these techniques (including apps) are ridiculous and influenced entirely by the "user" (or in the case of the app, programmer/RNGs).

I will say that from my own experience, there is something to them. I don't want to go too much into what happened to me during this time of experimentation (I've covered it on ATS years ago), but I will warn you to cease these attempts, at least until you research the topic fully and know what you are getting into.
It CAN be DANGEROUS.

Sorry for you loss, time heals the pain you are surely feeling now. I would suggest asking your mom for some more of your dad's stuff, and use/carry some of these items to help you feel close to him. My mom was an artist and I "inherited" all of her tools, whenever I used one of her pens, brushes, or other implement, I remembered her and didn't feel so far away.
edit on 1182018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I thought to myself "it'd be so freaky if it just said 'Death' right now" - and then like 2 or 3 min later it said "Death" and I turned it off.

Isn't it unnerving to think that whatever was there had the ability to read your thoughts? The paranormal investigator John Keel (the Mothman Prophecies)said he had similar experiences.

I just watched a Mothman investigation on Travel last night. It's just a retelling of the classic original stories with interviews...

I've always been a lil weary of running into Mothman, Bigfoot, or the Wendigo. I just try not to think about it too much lol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join