It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Ginsburg Hospitalized After Fall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Apparently, RBG broke 2 ribs 6 years ago, when she was 79. Didn’t seem to stop her for too long.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

She probably has that thing that lets you turn on the lights by clapping too.

I actually have a bluetooth light bulb in my room, that also works as a speaker, and can do colored light effects.

But, the coolest thing about it, is that I can turn the light off and on with my phone app (instead of stumbling around in the dark)....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Stepping down? Don't you mean falling down?

(I kid! I kid! Ease up people, it's a joke... I'm not making fun or wishing her ill.)

TheRedneck

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

That's the beta version

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: dashen

I like how, despite it being the future, they couldn't get her corrective eye surgery. It's just like Captain Baldy from Star Trek.

edit on 8-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's the future now and she still hasn't gotten the corrective eye surgery

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
The medications will be the nails.

💥🎃💥

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

It's always three it seems. My sister broke 3 ribs when her friend took a curve too fast and hit a big pine tree. She was lucky that was all that happened, thanks to wearing her seatbelt. Her friend spent several hours in the hospital while doctors picked glass out of her face. Anyways, when she got pregnant several years later, the baby was a big one and she reinjured those same ribs. OOPHF. I couldn't imagine. When my cartilage separated, I was only in pain for about a couple of days. My worst injury came when I was trying to show off in front of a really good looking chick (could have passed as Eva Mendes's twin) and instead of taking the long way around to a frat party, that girl and I jumped someone's privacy fence. It was 6' on the side we jumped and roughly 10' on the other side because there was a sidewalk and then the main road. Both of my heels hit the curb. That caused two major contusions and I couldn't walk right for 2 months. I was in the oilfield and when I went back to work a month later, I was still walking on my tiptoes. Worst. Ever. The girl was only about 105 pounds, she practically floated down with no injuries.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That would have been her best strategic move, if her ego would have let her do such a thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But she did get up, and went home, and didn’t go to the hospital until the next morning.

She’s one tough cookie.

She probably has that thing that lets you turn on the lights by clapping too.

She has The Clap?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

" Ok, who's going to replace her and who did he/she rape or are they just racist? "

Would it be ok if he/she raped a racist though?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hope it's not serious...but at her age it may be.

As frail as Ginsburg is, it damn sure is serious.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Growth hormone and or stem cell treatment will fix that in weeks

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Hope it's not serious...but at her age it may be.

As frail as Ginsburg is, it damn sure is serious.

It would depend on the extent of damage to her ribs, I think.
If marrow leaks she'll probably need surgery.
Also, a broken rib could threaten her internal organs.
Surgery with a woman at her age with a stint and having survived cancer could be extremely dangerous.
edit on 8-11-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: LSU2018

Stepping down? Don't you mean falling down?

(I kid! I kid! Ease up people, it's a joke... I'm not making fun or wishing her ill.)

TheRedneck

You made me chortle. (I would post the gif but they always seem too big for me to upload in my uploads)

*chortle*
edit on 8-11-2018 by LSU2018 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Or Jordy LaForge from the same show with you know, visual impairments like Ginsburg.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

" Ok, who's going to replace her and who did he/she rape or are they just racist? "

Exactly why the one filling her spot eventually needs to be a female minority nominee.

Will take that play right out of their playbook. They'll be stumped.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok

Exactly why the one filling her spot eventually needs to be a female minority nominee.

Will take that play right out of their playbook. They'll be stumped.

I'm pretty sure Trump is saving Amy Coney Barret for when RBG finally goes.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Coincidence this happened just after the election?

Conspiracy theory: Due to her advanced age she is ill with something worse than broken ribs. Something she (and others) have known about for a while. After seeing what was happening to merrick garland it was decided that her retirement would be put off until Clinton took the white house (a sure thing at the time). This would avoid another Garland feasco and keep the court 4vs4 until that seat was filled, than she could step down leaving the court 4vs4 until she was replaced by Clinton.

When Clinton lost Ginsburg was in a tight spot; torn between her health and what she sees as her duty to keep the court as progressive as she can. She would hold on until the Dems mounted a blue wave in the midterms. Kennedy's departure and than more conservative replacement puts a more futile slant on Ginsburg's resistance effort. Followed by the Dems not taking the Senate in the midterms (even losing ground). Now the choice was between caring for herself or resisting an already conservative court with the hope that in 2 or 3 years the Dems might be able to replace her with someone suitable to her liking.

Given those odds and time frame she has now rightly decided her health is paramount; so she "fell and broke some ribs" and will need a "long recovery" befor returning to the court.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Celebrate good times come on

CELEBRATION

Woohoo

Christ you can take a shot of GH and be back in business in no time people do it all the time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join