It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lowering age on legal documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
What do you think?

I've been wanting to do this for the last 10 years now and why shouldn't it be allowed? After all, trans people can change their ID or have no specific ID on their passports, 'gays' can get married and adopt children.... so if they aren't seen as MH victims who can have all these things, then why not be allowed to change our DOB on legal documents? Especially if we look younger than our age and feel it too?

spies can have passports changed to suit them legally aswell and it's also done illegally for certain reasons.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

MODs, you can bin this thread if you want. I just browsed new topics and there's a thread on it already.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

What do you think?

Common sense is lost forever.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

What do you think?

but why though? It's legal to get married if you're the same gender and that's way worse...

Changing age is nothing compared to 'people Idying as neither gender on legal documents! And people are allowed to change their name legally.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
It´s a damn number, why care? What real benefit does one get? The whole idea is ridiculous.

Seriously, what benefits that will not alter someone´s else life are there except for a number changed?

After all it´s lying, can´t ever see something good in lying.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

No, but we should be able to change to our chosen race.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

What do you think?

Agreed.
Given ten years down this path we'll have a 35 year old 300lb black man who identifies as a 16 year old athletic Japanese unicorn hybrid woman married to a 23 year old 180 pound Asian woman who identifies as a 12 year old human toaster hybrid, and that'll be fighting the system to change the law so they can have sex with a horse.

What the hell is going on?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Screw it.
Let's just pretend to be whatever the hell we want.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: a325nt

Well im offended now!

Toaster and unicorn hybrids have feelings too.
You just cant go around cramming what ever you want in a toaster!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Lying? So changing your Identity to a man or woman isn't lying? Getting married to the same sex isn't in some way a lie to that person to believe it's right? Changing one's name isn't a lie?

I don't understand really because ther's lots more one could do if they had their age lowered... like earn tons of cash playing football at the age of 40 but saying you're 30 etc/.. especially if you're working for a low wage

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

but why though? It's legal to get married if you're the same gender and that's way worse...

What ? How in the world do two people in love getting married worse ? It does not affect your life in any way, nor mine. In many cases, same sex couples wish to be able to enjoy the same legal benefits that others enjoy as in taxes, wills, employees benefits like health coverage.

Today, most of those benefits are available but too many were left out. Couples that spent 30 years together building homes together, sharing finances and lives only to be left homeless, moneyless after a sudden death of their partners. Nothing in your life or others lives changed because two people of the same sex married so how is it worse than your vanity in waiting to change how old you are ?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Lying? So changing your Identity to a man or woman isn't lying?

The topic is age.

Please point out where I was stating the above.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

People are saying that this idea is absurd and I'm saying so is two people of the same sex getting married. why are you getting outraged?

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My Mom did it. Like many foiks back in those days, she didn't have a live birth certificate - when she was about 40ish I guess, she got her DOB changed younger on her drivers license. So we are pretty sure she was born in 1918, but it could be as late as 1920 or as early as 1916. Seemed stupid to me to lie about a couple of years at her age.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I'm sick of pretend time tbh.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Does that mean I can legally change my age to 67 and start collecting my full (and paid by me) Social Security benefits next month? Seems only fair...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Because two people of the same sex getting married is not absurd. Married people enjoy tax benefits, housing benefits, and other legal benefits that two people of the same sex should be allowed if they so wish.

What is absurd of being allowed access to the same benefits that others receive? Again, vanity in regards to changing someone's age is the truly absurd idea here, not same sex marriage.

Not even sure why the statement was included, but we most likely will not agree on same sex marriage. But access to the same benefits that others receive and being able to legally will your property to the person you love should be a no brainer. In some locales, you can't do that unless you are provided a piece of paper which says you are married, and in some locales you can't do that either.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

The idea of giving tax reductions to married couples was making it easier to provide for a family and support families.

Demanding the same rights to tax reduction just because of the sake of tax reductions is just wrong. Regardless if hetero or homo couple.

That´s not the idea of marriage.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

When a married person is getting health benefits as part of their pay which most companies consider it part of their compensation, which can be significant depending on the plan, as long as ability and experience are the same, other individuals should receive the same compensation.

Same sex marriage did not come as a result of wanting to define marriage or to even be married. It developed as a result of people living life together and buying housing together, cars, savings accounts only to have it all taken when one person died.

Because they were unrecognized as a partner those bank accounts were resolved or usurped by the state, the property was also dealt with in a similar manner. People wanted the benefits of marriage, and for all practical purposes they were married but denied because of a system skewed by some religious beliefs denied to them resulting in benefit denial as well. Some states don't allow wills which exclude family members, even if estranged so any money that both saved is then given to someone else to include everything in the house, death benefits etc.
edit on 11/8/2018 by DJMSN because: addition

join