It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's massive 'sky river' weather control project will be 'ready by 2022'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Engineers behind the Tianhe project - which translates to “river in the sky” - are designing a network of six satellites which will be used to monitor damp air as it moves through a man-made “air corridor” above the vast country. The finished system will reportedly help China’s drought-prone northern regions by shifting rain clouds towards the Tibetan Plateau which see little rain.

China's massive 'sky river' weather control project will be 'ready by 2022'

Is this the start of the weather wars? This very well may have an effect on another regions weather, causing a drought.

If the system works as planned, it will reportedly deliver the equivalent of seven percent of China’s annual water consumption and provide water for some 1.4 billion people.

They are going to seed the river of water vapor with salts and minerals the old fashion way, projectiles. No chemtrails are mentioned in the plan that I can find. I can see this causing a lot of problems if it really works. Upsetting the global weather system.

edit on 7-11-2018 by LookingAtMars because: pic

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I find it just amazing how every year it seems the temperature at night drops 30 degrees within one or two days and then stays that way. We no longer have weather that does not require us using our air conditioners or heaters in the Northeast. It's probably anecdotal but it sure seems true.

edit on 7-11-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I went almost 20 years w/o AC but the summers seemed to get much more humid the last 15 years of so. I know there would be a month or so in Spring and Fall where there was no need for heat or AC. The days might get slightly warm and nights slightly cold near day break, but now it went from being 70deg low at night to 35 in one day and then it's hung around that point since. It seemed like last few years it been the same, there is not much change between the seasons and spring/fall are the nicest!

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I find it just amazing how every year it seems the temperature at night drops 30 degrees within one or two days and then stays that way. We no longer have weather that does not require us using our air conditioners or heaters in the Northeast. It's probably anecdotal but it sure seems true.

I have thought that myself, but on reflection ...

I remember days of extreme heat where we would just sit around and read books, damp towel over the whirling blades of the fan. Sleeping in the passage to catch the evening breeze.

I think we may have gotten a little soft as the years went by.

P

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   
China along with many other nations in Asia have a potable water problem party do to the rice farming (very water intensive) and pollution.

One monsoon season which does not drop rain properly and it is usually a national emergency. There have been many war of words over who is using what river for what purposes..

The main thing is there is no one gonna stop China other than more words.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:13 AM
link   
As someone who understands a little bit about meteorology I can say that China cannot and will not be able to "move rain clouds" from one place to the other. The only thing China can do is monitor the weather (like everyone else) and seed clouds with chemicals to produce rain, or dissipate storms.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   

The "man made air corridor" seems to misleading but then it is The Express who predict an ice age every winter.

This appears more reasonable

Chinese scientist and academician Wang Guangqian and his team found that there are water vapor channels from the West Indian Ocean, the East Indian Ocean, the Yunnan-Guizhou Plateau, and Central Asia. These cloud water resources have great potential for development.

en.people.cn...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Yeah this won't end well....

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

I dont see this being a problem the chinese government have done quite a bit with their environmental policies and as they have always been aligned with nature throughout history they the chinese government are determined to reduce their carbon footprint and become a green nation !

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

I dont see this being a problem the chinese government have done quite a bit with their environmental policies and as they have always been aligned with nature throughout history they the chinese government are determined to reduce their carbon footprint and become a green nation !

That would be nice if it were true and not propaganda.

Yes they are trying to clean the air pollution form the major cities down wind of their coal powered electric plants. But they are also building new plants. Between India and China there are approximately 163 plants to be built in the future. youtu.be...

They are also building their version of their bigger better coal powered electric plants for their friends. youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Are you serious? I swear that some people live on a different planet!

The Chinese have been environmental vandals and have participated in huge environmental destruction and desecration with their policies and practices. That's true even if you put aside the pollution and their complicity in the endangerment of many species used in crack-pot Chinese medicine and soup.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Interesting it must have been BBC propaganda then as it was a BBC documentary on China that stated that the recent changes to Chinese state policy meant they were ramping up their environmental programs to combat environmental habitat loss , destruction , deforestation , land subsidence , land erosion from deforestation etc and of course their big bugbear air pollution!

Also the chinese state are hiring poachers to protect at risk species and help propagate dwindling populations

from one state sponsored media outlet to another so I guess it could all be propaganda who knows

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Well, good that the Chinese regime are starting to do something to tackle air pollution, water pollution, deforestation and crashed biodiversity, desertification, "cancer towns", and a host of catastrophic environmental problems that have been allowed to happen. Pity the persecution of overseas species carries on unabated, such as tigers, Asian black bear, anything with ivory (Western black rhino extinct in 2012), the pangolin, and on and on the list goes.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Funny you mention those other species Id recently read an article on science daily that stated its too late for animals to evolve fast enough to be able to adapt to our climate change

mammals cannot adapt quick enough to exctinction crisis

new topics

top topics

join