It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats took the House, Republicans kept the Senate. What does this mean, what happens now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I’ll explain in a way which grossly oversimplifies the issues so that anyone can understand, rather they are politically studied or not, or maybe even an outsider looking in. The House of Representatives generally represents the population of a state while the Senate represents the government of the states. The important thing here is that the Senate can override the House of Representatives and the Senate also gets the confirm the Presidents Supreme Court Nominations. Republicans generally support conservatives and they currently support President Trump, democrats generally are more liberal and they currently do not support our president. These representatives will be in and out of office in a few years, similar to the president. Now the Supreme Court Justices are in for life, usually serving for three decades or more, and they are the ones who interpret the constitution. Further more the Democrats (currently opposing our president) will now feel less oppressed having a say in legislation. This will take some of the fight out of them, causing the social problems (like antifa) to simmer down allowing President Trump more freedom to do what he needs to do. #theocraticamerica

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Theocracy4America

Wash, rinse and repeat?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Nothing everything stays exactly the same as its been for 100 years

Power players make moves and the politicians keep themselves fro. Getting killed

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Do you honestly want America to become a theocracy? If so who do you see leading it?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I'd like to think that having the two legislative house divided means they won't get anything accomplished, meaning no new B.S. laws or taxes,

But that's naive. Even if they're fighting each other, they'll find ways to screw us all over.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Do you honestly want America to become a theocracy? If so who do you see leading it?

I reread the OP after reading your comment and was like where are you getting he said that?

Then I saw his name and was like "duh"

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Bobby Henderson.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I honestly do. And of course God would lead it, though his scriptures. That's the point of theocracy. If you mean human leadership trusted to serve God, my personal vote is for Mike Pence.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Theocracy4America

I honestly do. And of course God would lead it, though his scriptures. That's the point of theocracy. If you mean human leadership trusted to serve God, my personal vote is for Mike Pence.

If that ever happens, my satanic sacrifice quota is going through the roof.
edit on 7-11-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It means the system of checks and balances is working.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I hope it Joel osteen he has great hair and a lot of twitter followers.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: Theocracy4America

If that ever happens, my satanic sacrifice quota is going through the roof.
You are going to have several abortions?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Under his eye.

link   
It means more back and forth BS. I'm sure the media will be more than happy to continue to stoke the fires as they have for years already.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

Joel never opens his eyes, guy is totally shady

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Joel never opens his eyes, guy is totally shady

But that Cheshire grin is so convincing. Plus he already owns a basketball stadium and large flat screens.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Real Christians lead humble lives. They serve Christ and other humans, not themselves. They live in regular homes, not mansions, and drive cars that are not so fancy.

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Bit he rocks that headset mic.

link   

Thank you for this explanation as I was confused over the importance of the House and Senate. Appreciate it muchly.

link   

The Democrats took the House, Republicans kept the Senate.

What does this mean

It means enjoy your republicuunt days and demos will take over very soon!

edit on 7-11-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join