It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Police Brutality? Im in Shock

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I really had no idea how bad police brutality really is, last Saturday night in the town next to mine there was a loud party with alcohol etc. According to the people who were there, they saw the cops, so they turned out the lights and got quiet. The officers came in through the garage, kicked down the door. One kid had passed out in a bedroom and the officers thought he was pretending to be asleep, so they hit him in the head with a flashlight. And in the video clip below you can see them holding him down and beating him. You have to see it to believe it.

In the living room all the kids were sitting on the floor, they see the passed out kid getting beaten, so they all start yelling for them to stop, the officer who was doing the beating jumped up and heading for the kid that was the loudest, You just have to watch the video clips, 4 people were sent to the hospital by ambulance.

Im looking for opinions, is this OK? Are officers supposed to behave like this? Because, Im about to explode and I dont want to make a fool of myself by creating a protest, if this is really the way they are taught to behave.

There are a lot of vids on fb but the clip Im sharing is a bunch put together. I am also linking the Sheriffs statement, and the local news coverage. At work today, someone asked an officer who came in, what happened in Cottonwood, and his exact words were "Its a cover up of a big foul". I heard him with my own ears.

www.facebook.com...

www.redding.com...

krcrtv.com...

fbclid=IwAR1Zp5qO8jhG7VVjtUoT9vSIneb-fUj7fpsR3Dnsbdswed5iI2NY_bC3fIg

This is what one kid had to say:

Lots of people angry about it, lots of comments if you care to read them on this site. www.facebook.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

This is normal in America and 3rd world countries, not so much in other advanced countries.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
It's a little suspicious when fellow officers try to grab another officer and prevent him from acting. They apparently thought he was out of line.
edit on 6-11-2018 by CosmicAwakening because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Well in one of the last videos, on the fbook link, you can see one of the officers trying to stop the big cop, as he goes after that kid.
That says a lot right there.

Yeah, there is a lot going on, but a flashlight, to the head?

I would file charges.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
F'ing pig, good thing there was at least 1 good cop there.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

Yes, another officer did try to stop him. I tried to find pictures of the local Sheriff Deputies to figure out who he is to do some checking on if he has other complaints, but no pics at all on the Sheriff website of Deputies.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yeah, insanely dumb and militant is never a winning combination. The police forces in this country are in need of serious reforms. Just wish the police brutality narrative wasn't hijacked by intersectionality and bogged down by political stagnation so we could get everyone on board with achieving these reforms.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
F'ing pig, good thing there was at least 1 good cop there.

Pretty sure from the videos that when Fatty Boombah started wailing on that kid the 'good cop' was the one helping to drag him away.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm pretty sure the rule is, if you can't stop it, you have to help cover it up.

At least it is in my county.
(for the cops)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Short answer:yes

Long answer: Lucky they didn’t get shot by that psychopath. Hopefully it gains attention and he get jail time like anyone else would get for behaving this way. Getting discharged should be the minimum.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
It looks like it's one officer in particular out of control.

It is the same flashlight wielder that comes out of the room and attacks a sitting person, despite another officer's attempt to stop him.

This officer is not fit for duty and should face charges.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I would so like to know who that officer is that beat those kids. People online are saying the second boys ear is half ripped off. There were no weapons in the house.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
OMG. Underage drinking is so harmful to teenagers. Better crack some skulls with a heavy police flashlight.

edit on 6-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'm trying to be nice.
this is classic..from the deputies office..distractive blows..
, f'ing pig!!

"The video shows deputies delivering distractive blows with their fists to overcome the struggle. Eventually Pfrimmer was taken into custody," Magrini said.

I guess the next time something bad happens to the police. I'll chalk it up to distractive..whatever.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Had an instance here in Boise last week of Cop Road Rage. Im usually very much pro police but this was out of control.

Guy was apparently either off duty or in an unmarked car, jumped out of his truck, with his tac vest on that said police, flashing his badge and yelling at another guy behind him, aggressively approaching his vehicle.....and cussing the guy out........"Whats your problem mother effer, you got a effin problem now? huh see this badge"

The guy looked absolutely confused and terrified in the car.......

I hope he or someone got it on video, and he gets fired.....that guy doesnt need to be wearing a badge or carrying a side arm if hes going to rage in the middle of the street at a stop light, and use his badge as a bullying tool.....

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I guess the next time something bad happens to the police. I'll chalk it up to distractive..whatever.

The kid had it coming, you don't mouth off to a cop who's got low blood sugar and is in dire need of a Snickers Bar since he's hangry because he's not himself when he's hangry.

edit on 6-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Yes, it is police brutality.

This is their go to excuse and/or justification:

“I'd like to point out that this incident could have been avoided," Magrini said. "It could have been avoided if the involved parties would have just followed the lawful commands of the deputies and complied and submitted."

They are setting up the premise that they were in fear for their lives... By that dude "pretending" to be asleep that they had to subdue with a beating... And the oh-so-scary dude that challenged their authority to beat the fake sleeping dude into submission. They all just needed to comply and none of this would have been necessary...

Too often this is enough to kinda sorta comply with the Supreme Court ruling that cops may use any force "necessary" including lethal force if they feel in danger.

And any/all actions by officers which provoked or escalated a volatile situation are conveniently whitewashed or ignored altogether.

We as a society have to start addressing and correcting the roots of the problem.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

he's hangry because he's not himself when he's hangry.

none of us are.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yep, just kindly bend over and take it dry..quickly

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Meh...I saw nothing really out of line. Hysterical teenagers are hysterical. All the tactics in the videos, are the standard taught in police school. Control the situation, by dealing immediately with the potential "leader"s, who jump bad. I saw like...two tablespoons of blood.

The risks posed by letting it escalate are far bigger. Mob hysteria is an actual thing. I've been in it, professionally, as a first responder. None of those guys lost their heads. AND...groups of cops are also prone to the mob effect. One cop checking another, is likewise, what keeps that from happening.

A bunch of loud underage partiers, got shut down. Minimal damage to all. Two people arrested at a party where the were dozens...or according to reports...a hundred people causing a ruckus, got broken up...sent home without being harmed or arrested.

I've gotten clocked for being drunk stupid too. # happens. Live and learn. Do better next time.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join