It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween: good or evil? let's find out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Happy belated Halloween everyone!

In my nation the act of trick or treating is catching on, so I thought i'd delve into this holiday and see what this means to people from either side of the coin.

Now some correlate Hallowwen with satanic rituals, now that may or may not be true, but I believe these 'cults' may be a bastardization of the true satanists, who worship the holiday, as the church of satan says

We see this holiday as the night when the mundane folk try to reach down inside and touch the “darkness” which for Satanists is a daily mode of existence. Particularly in the United States, Halloween is a time for celebrating monster films, wearing costumes of a macabre nature, and evoking the thrill of “fun fear.”

Seems harmless enough, and this is followed shorty by this

Satanists embrace what this holiday has become, and do not feel the need to be tied to ancient practices. This night, we smile at the amateur explorers of their own inner darkness, for we know that they enjoy their brief dip into the pool of the “shadow world.”

Now before you throw holy water at the screen, let's see what the church of satan says about devil worshipping

We don’t. Satanists are atheists. We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions.

Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe, so we are sometimes said to worship ourselves. Our current High Priest Gilmore calls this the step moving from being an atheist to being an “I-Theist.”

Satan to us is a symbol of pride, liberty and individualism, and it serves as an external metaphorical projection of our highest personal potential. We do not believe in Satan as a being or person.

Fair enough, but let's find out what the those at CBN who believe in the pearly gates have to say

But what about today? Perhaps we can still learn from history. In the fourth century, Christians attempted to co-opt the holiday by celebrating the lives of faithful Christian saints the day before Halloween. This was a conscious attempt to provide an alternative and re-focus the day away from ghouls, goblins, ghosts, witches and other “haunted” experiences.

Okay, your choice, your voice. Then we arrive to this

So after discovering this, what is a reasonable conclusion? As Christians you and I are placed in this world to be a light in a world of darkness. There is no lasting benefit to ignore a holiday that exists around us, but it also does harm to celebrate Halloween as it has originated and grown over the centuries.

And then everything falls apart with some bible quotes and this...well I'll let you decide.

To counter the evil influence of Halloween, we need to join together and celebrate the reality of the heroic efforts of Christian saints over the evil in their day. Many leaders in the past -- and present -- have fulfilled the mandate of destroying the works of the devil through their sacrificial commitment to Christ and His Kingdom.

Wow. Now you might have not have come to your conclusion but I have come to mine...Who gives an eff? An innocent child has the right to dress up as whoever they want, whether it be a princess or a vampire. If they knock on your door and ask for candy, you aren't paying their dentists bill.

The only holiday I care about is Star Wars day, so if I die before then, may the fourth be with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
One of the main tenets of a Satanist is to lie. That lying is ok. So therefore no one really knows what they really think about anything because lying is ok and therefore they are not a religion or an order or an organization to be trusted.

Also I had a pal join them many many years ago and he told me after he quit that the REAL point of the church of Satan was to have sex with young attractive women and as many as possible.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

the REAL point of the church of Satan was to have sex with young attractive women and as many as possible.

sign me up to the church of satan

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
well S.A. did an good and as it seems now an accepted attend to fill in the Halloween cult !

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Every day is Halloween.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Good point made, and the same can said about many christ based religions.

'gay marriage is wrong, now if you'll excuse me i need to molest a ten year old choir boy.' Religion is the art of contradiction in my eyes, Halloween is now about kids beings kids, that and the megacorps are using kids to become money vampires, sucking the greenbacks out of parents wallets.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I'm sort of unclear why the Christian day of Halloween is being equated with Satanists. Samhain (the Irish precursor) is similar but not the same, but also not satanic. Unless of course you subscribe to the idea that all Pagans were really satanits.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

the REAL point of the church of Satan was to have sex with young attractive women and as many as possible.

sign me up to the church of satan

It's pretty easy. You just show up. Although I am not sure its as in vogue now as it was when I was growing up.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Good point made, and the same can said about many christ based religions.

'gay marriage is wrong, now if you'll excuse me i need to molest a ten year old choir boy.' Religion is the art of contradiction in my eyes, Halloween is now about kids beings kids, that and the megacorps are using kids to become money vampires, sucking the greenbacks out of parents wallets.

I touched on one of your points. I do find it interesting that the major chains have sort of loaded Halloween right into Thanksgiving as far as merchandise goes. I mean the day after Halloween its nothing but XMAS in the stores. It makes me wonder about the agenda at times. Maybe alot of pagans at the top. Thanksgiving means # to them as far as a date goes.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If anything, Halloween is a Pagan ritual dating back to the Middle Ages. For this reason some on the Christian side of things have historically labeled it satanic (because Paganism doesn't align with Christianity). The reason it could be considered a Pagan ritual is because participants used effigies of ghosts, goblins, spirits and other scary stuff to scare off evil spirits from the crop fields and thus have hopes for a bountiful harvest the following year. This is the actual history of All Hallows Eve (Halloween)

I don't think I'd be making my mind up about anything based on satanic websites, let alone Halloween.

Research the history of All Hallows Eve and then you should be able to make your decision.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
All hallow's Eve (Halloween)and all hallow's day(the day after) are Christian holidays.....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Halloween or Hallowe'en (a contraction of Hallows' Even or Hallows' Evening),[5] also known as Allhalloween,[6] All Hallows' Eve,[7]or All Saints' Eve,[8] is a celebration observed in several countries on 31 October, the eve of the Western Christian feast of All Hallows' Day. It begins the three-day observance of Allhallowtide,[9] the time in the liturgical yeardedicated to remembering the dead, including saints (hallows), martyrs, and all the faithful departed.[10][11]

It is widely believed that many Halloween traditions originated from ancient Celtic harvest festivals, particularly the Gaelic festival Samhain; that such festivals may have had pagan roots; and that Samhain itself was Christianized as Halloween by the early Church.[12][13][14][15][16] Some believe, however, that Halloween began solely as a Christian holiday, separate from ancient festivals like Samhain.[17][18][19][20]

My Catholic friend spent Nov 1 saying prayers and visiting the graves of their family.

Samhain is a Celtic harvest festival.....

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Samhain (/ˈsɑːwɪn, ˈsaʊɪn/; Irish: [ˈsˠəuɪnʲ]Scottish Gaelic: [ˈs̪ãũ.ɪɲ]) is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter or the "darker half" of the year. Traditionally, it is celebrated from 31 October to 1 November, as the Celtic daybegan and ended at sunset. This is about halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice. It is one of the four Gaelic seasonal festivals, along with Imbolc, Bealtaine and Lughnasadh. 

Why is it Christians spend so much of their time trying to find Satan in everything?

edit on 6/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/11/2018 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
This year we had ZERO trick or treaters showing up. Nada.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Slight correction, Irish (So celtic speaking but not pan Celtic) harvest festival. It was the meat harvest, the culling of hte herd before Winter.

But yes, why does Satan get shoe horned in everywhere? I have my suspicions.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

That moral rights and wrongs are subjective human constructions?

a reply to: dug88

Right on for sharing.

& in particular,

Why is it Christians spend so much of their time trying to find Satan in everything?

Satan kept the church in business all these years.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Isn't it all subjective
You can make of any day as tou wish
Turn a satanic festival into a loving and compassionate experience if you are loving and compassionate
Turn Christmas into a mass shooting if you are angry and vengeful

It's not the celebration, it's the person
It's like you are giving the days magic powers over people

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Oh you can name a "satanic" festival then? Just curious. Because Halloween is Christian.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
This year we had ZERO trick or treaters showing up. Nada.

That's why you buy the candy YOU like best.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I don't know much about satanism but I have been reading up on the Mexican version: Day of the Dead. Customs vary but generally they take this holiday to the next level. Some of them even dig up the bodies of their loved ones, clean the skeletons then spend the day visiting their deceased by eating dinner with them and just hanging out.

Hopefully, some of the refugees from south of the border will bring these vibrant customs with them to celebrate Day of the Dead in our own country!

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
It's about as Satanic as Satanic looking Gargoyles protecting the house of God(Churches) from evil spirits.

And yet they supposedly need protection from Jesus. Fancy that.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
One of the main tenets of a Satanist is to lie. That lying is ok. So therefore no one really knows what they really think about anything because lying is ok and therefore they are not a religion or an order or an organization to be trusted.

Also I had a pal join them many many years ago and he told me after he quit that the REAL point of the church of Satan was to have sex with young attractive women and as many as possible.

Your friend is completely full of s#. I’ve been a LaVeyan Satanist since I left the Catholic Church 25 years ago. I don’t remember seeing the Christian god anywhere in Mogadishu or the other hell holes I served in. Please quote me a single citation from any official LaVeyan literature claiming a main tenet is to lie. The claim itself is the lie and you can’t support it with anything resembling a citation. We are to do just the opposite and I’ve never met a LaVeyan Satanist who has taken up with Altar Boys ormother minors and lied about it like so many members of the Christian clergy whether they be Catholics, LDS; JW’s, Presbyterians, Amish or Lutherans. They are the liars and preach a gospel assembled by committee at Laodece, not the word of any god or gods.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join