It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we just get rid of daylight savings?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   
When I was a kid I thought it was cool to get to stay up an hour later, or get an hour more of sleep.

Then I had kids, and it messed up their sleep schedule and I hated it.
Then I got older, and It messed up with my sleep schedule and I hated it.

Now, it is messing up my dogs sleep schedule, and she hates it.

I found out that Arizona doesn't do daylight savings, how is that working out over there?
I think it is time to seriously relook at this issue!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I would wholeheartedly agree with removing DLS, as long as we stick with the fall back format. To hell with the spring forwarders!!!! DX

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Indiana didn’t do it for a long time.

But look at it this way, the hour of sleep you gained on a Sunday (which you could have just slept in) is paid for by going to and returning from work in the dark.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My friend's daughter who watched our dogs would concur, one of them crapped on the comforter since she didn't take them out at their regular time due to DST.

edit on 5-11-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
My internal clock will now be off for about four months, and I get to drive home in the dark every day.
Great.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I can confirm this my pugs are out of whack, woke me up an hour before usually scratching the bedroom door. It dosent change the time they have to poop at.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
I can confirm this my pugs are out of whack, woke me up an hour before usually scratching the bedroom door. It dosent change the time they have to poop at.

You know the struggle! Dogs internal clocks are precise and it take a long time to change it
, like until spring forward!!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Oh come on. It's one hour. It's not that big of a deal.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Yes, my youngest is now waking up at 5,30am.

Yes, I am now driving home from work in depressing darkness.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

No daylight savings time works very well... In fact, for our needs, DST is exactly what we don't need! We don't need longer days during those dog days of summer.

In fact, many trades have summer hours, starting their days an hour or more earlier, so the bulk of their labor is done before the heat reaches its peak.

Roofers, for example, will be on the job as the sun is rising. Concrete has to be poured before the sun is up. My hubby has been on the job at 3 in the morning to do so. Landscapers also start as early as possible.

Of course, I'm speaking from the perspective of a desert rat... But AZ isn't all desert. Those in Flagstaff or Heber would not have the same conditions or needs, and therefore wouldn't have the same perspective.

Obviously, like everything in life, there is no one-size-fits-all solution.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Better yet. Let us get rid of daylight
No more problems saving time

And the term is REALLY , REALLY - Daylight Saving Time .
It is not plural

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

Oh come on. It's one hour. It's not that big of a deal.

There are plenty of studies out there that show the negative side-effects of daylight savings time and how it messes with everyone, I'd say it's a much bigger deal than you wish to believe.

www.cnn.com...

There's many more articles out there about it, but greater chance of heart attacks/strokes, alongside people being groggier, having greater risk of accidents, and over-all grumpiness thanks to a loss of sleep and feeling out of whack, I'd say it's definitely a time to just stop this BS here and now.

There's already enough bad drivers out there, no need to make it worse by messing with their internal clocks.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Even the retarded EU had a voting to cancel DLS a few weeks ago. Of course the EU being such a bureaucratic entity, the member states have to vote first, if they want winter or summer DLS.

And of course it can not be happen before 2021 because "we have to be ready for it", the EU said...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
But will it be summer DLS or winter DLS?!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm I come from a place of no daylight saving time. For decades people have beaked and beaked how we need it, we're behind the times... the savings in electricity blah blah --
So, we continue to deal with shorter days in winter without the requirements to adjust our internal clocks... WHEWW.

From the earlier thread on how we were perhaps designed to sleep in 2 shifts, they've been messing with our sleep royally, for decades!

The Myth About 8 hours sleep, pg. 1:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
dbl post

edit on 5-11-2018 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This is the wrong time of year to be complaining about the annual clock changes.
The real clock change is what happens in the spring. What happens at this time of year is the return to normal. You need to be complaining when Summer Time starts, not when it ends.

edit on 5-11-2018 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   

I actually have to wake up an hour early every work day for 3 months due to international time differences. Waking up at 430 AM shouldn't happen to anyone.

I hate it and wish it would go away.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
This is the wrong time of year to be complaining about the annual clock changes.
The real clock change is what happens in the spring. What happens at this time of year is the return to normal. You need to be complainig when Summer Time starts, not when it ends.

Any kind of change is a disruption. It doesn't matter if you are gaining or losing, if you are actually changing the time.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ItsEvolutionBaby
a reply to: JAGStorm I come from a place of no daylight saving time. For decades people have beaked and beaked how we need it, we're behind the times... the savings in electricity blah blah --
So, we continue to deal with shorter days in winter without the requirements to adjust our internal clocks... WHEWW.

From the earlier thread on how we were perhaps designed to sleep in 2 shifts, they've been messing with our sleep royally, for decades!

The Myth About 8 hours sleep, pg. 1:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please slap those people that think you need it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join