It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embryo Swapping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Mom to the Internet: Anybody want to trade my girl embryo for a boy?

The 37-year-old actress is so desperate to have another son, she is ready to trade her one female embryo — the last embryo she has remaining after multiple rounds of IVF — for the male embryo of a stranger.

“I’m doing this for my son,” she told The Post. “My husband grew up with sisters and wants a boy too. This is the way we want to complete our family.”

I can't say I'm surprised, but this doesn't sit right with me. I honestly can't fathom it. That girl embryo is hers. Hers and her husbands. According to her own words in the article, it's genuinely a miracle she even has it and she's willing to just barter it away so she can get a boy. They already have a son, so saying "My husband... wants a boy too" poleaxes me. They HAVE a boy. Why throw away a girl that just may be the most perfect little addition to their family just because it has two X chromosomes instead of XY?

Admittedly, I had zero issues getting pregnant with my 3 girls, so maybe I really am missing a lot of the perspective with their particular situation. I suppose I just feel bad for the little girl that will get traded away because she had the misfortune of being the wrong gender. Science is so amazing, but sometimes I just wonder how far is too far in search of the perfect customized family.

Maybe someone else has another viewpoint I'm missing.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Just because she is an actress does not mean she is sane. Why do some people feel that they should be able to have everything their way?

I wonder if the embryo is actually totally their embryo or whether they have taken some fresh embryos and added the person's dna to an unfrozen embryo to make any genetic tests show compatibility. I have some real trust issues as to whether these frozen embryos are fully functional in all aspects. I have seen some research showing they are and a few research articles noting abnormalities over the years. What if any testing is done on those frozen embryo's offspring, and generations of their offspring....none that I have seen so far.
edit on 4-11-2018 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Agree'd and Actually mental ill health and acting careers have a long history of going together with actors ranging from sociopath liars to multiple personality suffering individual's, they also tend to have very rocky emotional health issues and of course how many ever marry only for there marriage to then actually be stable.

To my mind this woman sound's like a total nut job whom seem's to think children are accessories to complete her Wendy house style marriage model, it is also sick and I wonder how the poor kid would feel if she ever found out and if she would ever then track down her biological parent's to ask "Why did you not want me?" or just "Why?".

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

An embryo is not a "little girl."

But brace yourself, there are more wonders of science ahead to confuse current mores.

edit on 11/5/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

But brace yourself
a reply to: Phage
Never better said I would add, (not my clowns/clones not my circus!)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 02:12 AM
link   
It can't be any worse than people with super low IQs having kids. Which happens every day (and we have the society to prove it).

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Traded away because she was the wrong gender however she was traded for because she was the right gendera reply to: Subrosabelow

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Actually that statement betray's a very and might I say EVIL attitude toward your fellow man, what make's you believe that you are so superior to those people whom you mention, are they genetically stupid as you so evidently seem to believe and more than that I would say in the vain of Eugenic belief's which the NAZI scum held so dear to there heart's.

Or could you possibly be mistaken, could you be so dumb that you can simply not see that you will not live for ever, that everything you so vainly build will fall to dust and one day even your own descendant's will cease to exist that is assuming you have any and have not opted to edit your inferior genes out from the human gene pool - you know put your money were your mouth is on that point.

Could low IQ be more related to poverty, malnutrition and let's remember Doping of the food and water supply as well as deliberate dumbing down of sectors of the population deliberately or inadvertently by such as the government and private institutions as well as the food industry.

Sorry if I come across angry it is not you but that statement is literally unacceptably foul and so is the attitude behind it.

Let me rephrase it another way, YOU are most certainly not superior to anyone else, it may make you feel better in yourself to believe you are, to sell yourself a thoroughbred Grey Hound but you are ethically, morally and factually wrong.

Michael Faraday, uneducated so worked as a book binder from the age of 14, you would not be typing on your electrical devices had it not been for his contribution toward the field or electrical science.

William Herschel an Artisan, a musician and yet because of his self taught astronomy and early discovery's he is now a household name.

In fact most genius did not arise among the wealthy, the elite or the professional class but rather they arose from the common folk, those that are NOT inbred.

The list goes on and on and on, let's just say that well fed, content fat kid's from rich family's with secured futures often do not have the impetus that these kid's from poverty born in the slum's had and without the input of genius and thinkers rising from poverty, without the self taught amateurs YOU would be - if you even existed today - living in a mud and straw and scavenging for your lunch.

Another one.
en.wikipedia.org...

You really need to ditch the bigotry not only because you are wrong but because you are VERY wrong and in a very bad manner.
Most racial theory has been disproved by the fact that when kid's are given equal opportunity's and access to equal education then the illusion of one group being superior to another vanishes.
Most class theory likewise fail's if put to the test.

But if you impoverish a group of people, they learn to survive any way they can and do not have the education, the entertainment and the opportunity' that the rich kid's in another group get then you can see how they would then remain in that rut - as a group, individuals as I have discussed above rise out of it due to there own inherent talent's - so generation poverty is born and this does not prove or suggest that they are in any way inferior but rather that they have been denied the education and the opportunity whit
ch the self entitled often take for granted.

This is NOT genetic's, they are NOT inferior human being's.
www.scientificamerican.com...
www.nccp.org...
www.sciencedaily.com...
www.theguardian.com...

edit on 5-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: Damnable auto correction

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
sounds hot

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:34 AM
link   

If she's willing to trade with what is in point of fact her *own flesh and blood*

a girl embryo for a male one, surely the simpilist solution for her is to ADOPT

a male baby

There are lots of babies needing to be adopted.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Actually that statement betray's a very and might I say EVIL attitude toward your fellow man

As I am an atheist, I'll take that as a compliment.

(You wasted a lot of energy writing that and I just wanted to demonstrate the power of not bothering so I did this.)
edit on 5-11-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

So that's you NOT replying?.

As for being an atheist that is neither here nor there since most atheists are also humanists which mean's that they would not agree with you at all.

Still as the matter of atheism was brought up by you I have to say I have no respect at all for Atheists (that is as far as there Atheism is concerned most believe in science despite the fact it is a very broad church with a religious degree of fanatism to there chosen model of there own personal universe) with there pillow over there head's and playing there version of the proverbial three monkey's but I do have great respect for Agnostic's.

edit on 5-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
It can't be any worse than people with super low IQs having kids. Which happens every day (and we have the society to prove it).

Like when you see a young mother with 2-3 kids and a kart full of junk food at the grocery store..

I didn't we could swap embryos.... wired..

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   

How ironic would it be if someone decided to trade with her.

Then, that male child eventually identifies as female and gets a sex change....

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767

So that's you NOT replying?.

As for being an atheist that is neither here nor there since most atheists are also humanists which mean's that they would not agree with you at all.

I find it mildly amusing to find such a careless attitude towards pointless, irresponsible breeding here on this forum (of all places). Do you not realize that all it does is feeds the machine that most non-conformists are so opposed to? When stupid people breed and their offspring turn out to be just as stupid as their parents, it just lubricates all those gears. That's all.

And I'm not just pointing the finger at you. Your attitude seems to be rather common not only here but everywhere. And people wonder what's wrong with civilization? Irresponsible breeding creates more problems out of thin air. And there are plenty of parasitic "problem solvers" just waiting to swoop in and feed on all those helpless people who come out not being able to find their ass with both hands.

edit on 6-11-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Right I am not going to argue with you, you have your opinion and I have mine but let's just look beyond the scare mongering for a moment at some very real facts.

Food production, vast tract's of semi arable land across Eurasia and Mongolia are going untapped by human cultivation when in fact they alone could feed the global human population many time's over, much of the American and African continents' the same can be said about.

Then we have the ocean's, instead of polluting them we could and should be both managing and properly exploiting them, not destructively as some conglomerates are planning to do with vastly destructive ocean bed strip mining along with all the pollution and inevitable ecological collapse that will bring but more intelligently and with genuine goal's in place agreed under international treatise for the benefit of the whole human race.

The enemy of both our planet and our race is not overpopulation, in fact our planet could with very great ease and proper management probably sustain a human population maybe a hundred time's greater than it currently does, we have more than ample room below the ground, above in the sky and in currently unused or under exploited parts of the planet, not only that but if done correctly we could actually BOOST the ecosystem by providing artificial spaces for new wilderness.

As I have argued before on other threads it is all about architecture, science and proper government.
The first two are currently available to use but the last one is the problem because to be quite frank the wrong people - the idiot's are in charge of the show.

Now we could build vertical structure into the ground as well as into the sky, we could build huge modern structures a little like the old Eiffel tower with deck's and on those deck's entire town's (environmental controlled as well especially at higher altitudes and closes recycling systems for water treatment and fertilizer production etc), farm's and nature sanctuary's (deck's or partial deck's given over to manged wilderness, large one's could even be built at sea there base on the bedrock and those deck's could even house fish farm's etc.

The true danger is human stagnation which is driven by unwarranted fear and bad governance, a culling of the human population will definitely remove the impetus to develop other and better solution's to the problem AND it will stagnate human cultural, social and even scientific development and when society's stagnate it is most often always the case that this is the beginning of there often precipitous downward spiral into an uncivilized period were society gives way to barbarism and the knowledge of generations is lost until it is re-learned or re-invented all over again.

But the pressure of human population which we can and could deal with ethically and morally would provide the impetuous to create new and superior architectural solutions to high density population, make better use of space and develop new farming techniques as well as spurring the human race on to reach out and even to colonize the solar system and beyond with is both our true potential as a sentient race and our true destiny if we should choose to grab it.

Also from an ecological point of view it would be a growth of the earth ecosystem since we could seed those new habitats and remake them in the image of our home world making the biological organism we regard as our planetary bio-system a very successful organism indeed since our expansion and seeding of it elsewhere would ensure it was a parent of sort's to those new earth's we could cultivate in it's image.

edit on 6-11-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

(post by NoraComm removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I believe that surrogacy is a chance for those who are not able to give parents in connection with health problems
I know that many future parents are looking for surrogate mothers in Ukraine

new topics

top topics

join