It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canceling Netflix b/c of feminist propaganda in all original shows - any alternatives?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: DigginFoTroof
Any suggestions.

I think the LOGO channel will be right up your alley.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

I was shocked to see a new season of HOC this weekend and binge watched the entire thing. I thought it was amazing. First, just because there is a strong female lead doesn't make it feminist. I think it shows just the opposite. Neither Claire Underwood, her husband, nor very few other politicians in the series actually believed in the political positions they took. Claire's avowed feminism was nothing more than a tool to obtain power. Just like real life politicians in the US, she would radically change her agenda to non-feminist positions for the very same reason. I really don't think threatening a nuclear strike to change media focus would be in most feminists' play book. I thought the season was brilliant until the very, very last scene. I could have done without that ending.

I have Amazon as well and they have a couple of decent shows but no where the amount of quality originals that Netflix has.

Although I think you a wrong in this instance, I think the rise of feminism you perceive is accurate. The election of a President who thought it okay to "grab her by the pussy" has made a lot of women much more sensitive to their position in the world. I know my wife and my two adult daughters have become much more vocal and engaged in politics since the 2016 election.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Netflix just pays attention to its subscribers demographics like all media. It's just business the American way, capitalism, profit
Netflix just bought this facility in my town. They will soon be signing my checks.

abqstudios.com...
edit on 4-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Netflix just pays attention to its subscribers demographics like all media. It's just business the American way, capitalism, profit
Netflix just bought this facility in my town. They will soon be signing my checks.

abqstudios.com...

Keyword is profit. Don't hesitate to keep hitting them up for raises because they are doing something right.

Netflix profit is also growing at an astounding rate: The first quarter had its biggest profit total yet, topping the previous period’s record, and Netflix forecast another record-breaking profit total in the current quarter. Netflix reported $290.1 million in net income for the first quarter, more profit in three months than the streaming giant had for the entire year of 2016. As was noted in the MarketWatch live blog, if the company meets its second-quarter forecast of $358 million in profit, it will earn more in the first half of 2018 than all of 2017, when it reported an annual profit of $558.9 million.

www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

abqstudios.com...

Keyword is profit. Don't hesitate to keep hitting them up for raises because they are doing something right.

Netflix profit is also growing at an astounding rate: The first quarter had its biggest profit total yet, topping the previous period’s record, and Netflix forecast another record-breaking profit total in the current quarter. Netflix reported $290.1 million in net income for the first quarter, more profit in three months than the streaming giant had for the entire year of 2016. As was noted in the MarketWatch live blog, if the company meets its second-quarter forecast of $358 million in profit, it will earn more in the first half of 2018 than all of 2017, when it reported an annual profit of $558.9 million.

www.marketwatch.com...

Copy that, I'm working on this netflix production as we speak.

www.bizjournals.com...

For those that don't like Netflix programming style. Don't watch it. They aren't going to change a profitable strategy.

Besides being crew, I also hope ATS people get to see olaru12 in a speaking role soon.

Union proud, Union Strong.....www.sagaftra.org... and www.iatse.net...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

abqstudios.com...

www.marketwatch.com...

Copy that, I'm working on this netflix production as we speak.

www.bizjournals.com...

That looks like a damn much-needed superior production and I'll be sure to watch it.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Trailer...I'm the guy with the mustache and beard...Rider/Extra .....This must have been one of the Girly show they was talkin bout

Shot almost in my back yard....www.bonanzacreekranch.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: InTheLight

Trailer...I'm the guy with the mustache and beard...Rider/Extra .....This must have been one of the Girly show they was talkin bout

Shot almost in my back yard....www.bonanzacreekranch.com...

Women defending themselves (could never happen) show you mean...rotten tomatoes gives it an 88%.

www.rottentomatoes.com...

Notorious criminal Frank Griffin (Jeff Daniels) and his gang of outlaws are on a mission of revenge against Roy Goode (Jack O'Connell), a son-like protégé who betrayed the brotherhood. While on the run, Roy seeks refuge with hardened widow Alice Fletcher (Michelle Dockery), an outcast herself, in a worn-down, isolated mining town of La Belle, NM--governed mainly by women. When word reaches La Belle that Griffin is headed their way, the town bands together to defend against the murderous gang in a lawless western frontier.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Looks good man, I like gritty westerns.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I know quite a few good books you could pick up. :-)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

people.com...

I am dropping Netflix because of this crap.

Barack and Michelle Obama Are Adapting a Book Critical of Trump for Their First Netflix Project

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Gotta be fun to watch yourself die on tv

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Netflix has stepped up the level of progressive feminism propaganda to a whole new level with all the males serving as infantile thoughtless, helpless tools only on screen to be manipulated by some all knowing, all seeing, omniscient woman (there seem to be many of them in this series) who is only interested in power or her reputation.

I know exactly what you're talking about but you're going to be greatly discouraged when you find out that EVERY network/content provider is starting to lean more and more that way. Whether it's disproportionate to the positive male programming is probably just subject to your sensitivity level on the matter.

None the less, female "empowerment" subjects in entertainment are literally everywhere... those who say they don't see it have their balls in someones purse. Whether it makes for more engaging programming is chalked up to opinion I suppose, but some of it DOES feel rather heavy handed.

edit on 4-11-2018 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Seriously? Are you gonna quit America if the time comes when a woman is president, surrounded by tools (most likely men) who are only there to be "manipulated" by said woman?

Get over it. It's a TV show. Find something else to watch. There's a LOT out there to choose from.
edit on 11/4/2018 by Slinki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Eh, I find myself more annoyed by the numbers of TV shows now aimed at teens that are very, very dark and highly sexual.

One thing that does flummox me is the insistence that X or Y "needs" more women to be balanced. I'm female. That stated, there was never, ever a time when I sat back and said, "Yanno, these books/comics/movies/shows need more female heroes in them." I don't even feel that way now. I want strong characters that I enjoy. Gender has nothing to do with it. Male, female. Doesn't matter.

Many of the shows these days that are striving for female empowerment really just fall flat and feel forced. Know what made for awesome female heroes? Ripley in Alien. Alice in Resident Evil. Sarah Connor in Terminator. They fit in so seamlessly to the story without gender becoming some overarching political thing that it just clicked and felt awesome.

I also loved the X-men for that as well. Seinfeld just was perfect. They played on the quirks and foibles of both genders and were irreverent as hell about it all.

I dunno. Maybe I'm just weird?

(Just to add, I do avoid authors that write women as things to be used and abused. And I detest any sort of story that creates ridiculous Mary-sue/Gary-stu main characters. There is a particular author that is a pretty prolific writer that writes her main protagonist as a female head medical examiner who is basically a genius, has a PhD in everything and knows everything about everything else, is ex-military, ex-FBI with connections to everyone, is rich with excellent taste in art, movies, clothes... I think you get my point. She's basically perfect in every way. Read two of the books under the urging of someone that loved the author, but just felt like rolling my eyes constantly. Gave up after that and never picked up another one.)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Here's an alternative.

Stop being such a snowflake about it? I mean damn, that's an awful lot of butthurt over something so utterly trivial.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

There have always been strong empowered women shows in Hollywood, well mostly in movies and albiet rare, such as Rosalind Russell playing a feisty newspaper 'ace' reporter (but obviously back in the 1940's she would have to be portrayed as a fighter because she had to continuously prove her worth to her male counterparts in that job). So the way I see it, portraying a woman as strong or empowered needs to be balanced (as you suggest) with the realities women actually face in real life and the writing team also need to be gender balanced so women's reality in the real world can be realized, and thus stereotyping avoided (unless they are building and creating a female superhero character which may prove a challenge considering it's a new concept).

It will be interesting to see how far Hollywood will take this gender power shift and if they will be able to apply the right empowerments/traits to female characters in the right 'believeable' way as they did in your movie examples.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

a reply to: Subrosabelow

It will be interesting to see how far Hollywood will take this gender power shift and if they will be able to apply the right empowerments/traits to female characters in the right 'believeable' way as they did in your movie examples.

There are more female screenwriters, directors, producers, filmmakers than ever before. I work for female above the line staff constantly; of course their attitudes and aesthetic will wind up on the screen.

I know the right wing likes to demonize "Hollywood" but the world of entertainment is everyman and global. The digital world changed everything.

Feature films are being written, shot and edited on cell phones. The characters being portrayed on film and TV are the result of people willing to take the time and effort to tell a story. The myriad of platforms gives anyone a chance at fame and fortune. Millionaires are being made that started with a silly posting on youtube.

Join us....tell your story!!

www.celtx.com...

btw....if any of you machismo addicts want to impress us with your virility and your epic manhood....tell us your story.

edit on 6-11-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I mean no disrespect but... how is this eny different than telling us to go find a 'safe space' when we don't like something?

You very much doing that now? looking for a safe space away from that boring show and any other that shows things you don't like...

"Safe streaming space"

that show is way boring by the way, i don't even know why you tried watching it in the first place

And Sabrina is cool, same thing of running away for some people if they see things they dont like.

But if it was brutal without the gay guys and stuff you would look away the same? What does it matter, not interested in being gay so it just happens and i enjoy the other stuff happening in the show. Doesn't bother me what other people do, i can handle it so why cant you?

Everything is propaganda so it seems, one way or the other, so meh
edit on 8-11-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I cancelled ours do to the Social Agenda as well as the Homosexual and feminist agendas also promoted in many of their new shows.

I wish there was a more conservative alternative out there.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join