It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prediction for Tuesday's Election

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
There are a lot granular impressions I am getting. Many resonate in my gut much like they did in 2016.

In making a gut level guess about the outcome of the midterm vote, I believe we will see:

1. The GOP gains no less than 3 Senate seats
2. The GOP gains a handfull of House seats.
OR: They only lose enough seats for an even count.
3. within a short time after the election, there is a huge issue in the DNC and someone changes their party.

I'm not saying that I want this or think it is ideal.
I'm an INFP and I'm learning to trust my instincts.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong either, but I feel very strongly this is the result to come.

Hugs

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LedermanStudio

As much as I would enjoy seeing the democrats lose just for the utter humor over the potential meltdown, the last 2 years have shown that it doesn't really matter because the republicans are just as big of assholes as the democrats in passing substantial legislation.

At the end of the day, there's nothing I can do anyway but vote and then go about my life being a somewhat annoying little pest online and working to support my family.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Be glad that a little bit of GOOD legislation was passed, instead of a lot of BAD legislation. That's what we'll get if Dems take the House of Representatives this coming Tuesday. President Trump could ignore or veto it, however.
edit on 11/3/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Be glad that a little bit GOOD legislation was passed, instead of a lot of BAD legislation.

Oh heck, I love the tax cuts.

Healthcare, the wall, etc. More should have been done. Even if that dick McCain had voted yes for the healthcare bill, it still wouldn't have fixed the screw-up that Obama and the dems created.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You can get put in the ATS penalty box for starting a thread that doesn't conform to forum rules.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Be glad that a little bit of GOOD legislation was passed, instead of a lot of BAD legislation. That's what we'll get if Dems take the House of Representatives this coming Tuesday. President Trump could ignore or veto it, however.

We would be better off if they passed no legislation at all. Hell, too much legislation needs repeal as it is without them piling even more sheat on the heap.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I predict a repub super majority that would collapse the Dem party once and for all.

We will be privy to the greatest spectacle of liberal meltdown, this world has ever seen.
edit on 3-11-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   

As President Trump has said on several occassions, MORE Republicans are needed in the Senate.

He said today that he'll "adapt, and make it work", if Democrats take House and he has to deal with Nancy Pelosi.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I just had an odd thought. What if all of us vote Democrat, just to give Trump a real challenge. He has pretty much been spanking our House and Senate both sides, the media, Hollywood, and just all around haters.

I don't know about you, but I still think he would win.

With that said, if the republicans ran their campaign on the Trump model, then they win.

If they didn't and chose to go the more conservative route, then it will be a toss up still, because Trump is a campaigning machine.

The democrats had no one else to go to but Barry, and he ain't fooling anyone, except the far left this time around.

So I will give the over all victory to the Republicans. Just a guess really.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As much as I would enjoy seeing the democrats lose just for the utter humor over the potential meltdown, the last 2 years have shown that it doesn't really matter because the republicans are just as big of assholes as the democrats in passing substantial legislation.

At the end of the day, there's nothing I can do anyway but vote and then go about my life being a somewhat annoying little pest online and working to support my family.

IMO
Much like in 2016, policy isn't the drving motivation.
Culture was far more of an influence in 2016 than policy.

Given how dishonest the media has been, the violence, the lack of leadership...
I see culture amplified all the more.

One example:
Parts of the press minimize or fail to report on certain news. They apparently believe that by doing so, people won't know.
BUT! They do know. My conservative friends all know about the recent news exposing the false claims against Kavanagh. They are sharing it all over social media.

Another example:
It's a fairly typical concept in America that making excuses is bullsh*t. While it might feel awesome to join the yelling after a massacre or incident, at heart, people find it weak and stupid to blame other people.... whatever it might mean at the time.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT

We would be better off if they passed no legislation at all. Hell, too much legislation needs repeal as it is without them piling even more sheat on the heap.

Most of the promises candidate Trump made in 2015/2016, require LEGISLATION in order to be fulfilled. Border Wall.. Immigration Reform.... Infrastructure Modernization, etc.. All require legislative actions from Congress.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   

You can get put in the ATS penalty box for starting a thread that doesn't conform to forum rules.

I genuinely try to adhere. Where am I off? I don't want to be

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: highvein

Food for thought: Donald Trump was a Democrat for more years of his life, than a Republican.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My prediction is that nothing really changes. Republicans will continue to despise Democrats and vice versa. Politicians from both parties will continue to lie, obstruct and stuff their wallets with lobbyist money. The Liberal leaning MSM will continue to bash Trump, Republicans, Conservatives, White Men and Pro Lifers, while Antifa thugs in Portland run unrestrained committing acts of random violence.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Be glad that a little bit GOOD legislation was passed, instead of a lot of BAD legislation.

Oh heck, I love the tax cuts.

Healthcare, the wall, etc. More should have been done. Even if that dick McCain had voted yes for the healthcare bill, it still wouldn't have fixed the screw-up that Obama and the dems created.

I actually heard a political add today on radio at work that said and this is paraphrasing, If the middle class want tax cuts they need to vote in a Democratic congress.
My initial reaction was, What? Which was followed by a bout of laughter.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Thank you for the hug.....right just pronto immediately after the count announcement......something is going to go twonky beam big time,....That, I would like to guarantee...yep, not the numbers but the sentiment.risk on sentiment, I cant express it correctly huh....the air of it all.........
edit on 3-11-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Mine is Republicans gain 2 seats in senate and lose in the house giving the democrats a 5 seat majority. However this is close i think thr senate is locked the house i give say 25 percent chance republicans maintain majority

Which brings me to another point think of how crazy things will get if democrats lose the house . I think there will be rioting in the streets.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio

You gotta quote a little bit from an outside of ATS source, and also add a link that points to that source, so ATS members can read what made you form your opinion.

Just read and follow the directions that appear in the text box after you click "Start a New Thread", and you'll be fine.
edit on 11/3/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Mine is Republicans gain 2 seats in senate and lose in the house giving the democrats a 5 seat majority. However this is close i think thr senate is locked the house i give say 25 percent chance republicans maintain majority

Which brings me to another point think of how crazy things will get if democrats lose the house . I think there will be rioting in the streets.

Given the three day tantrum after the inaguration, I am genuinely concerened about the potential mania to come

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio

You gotta quote a little bit from an outside of ATS source, and also add a link that points to that source, so ATS members can read what made you form your opinion.

Just read and follow the directions that appear in the text box after you click "Start a New Thread", and you'll be fine.

...crap. That's right. I make sure to do that in every post.
I'll see if I can make a meaningful edit
edit on 3-11-2018 by LedermanStudio because: language

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join