It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What a Day!!! (Good and Bad)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Took a total dang bath at the cattle auction today, that one hurt (bad).

But scored big on a buy on a big 40kW generator (for $6,000 below market).

So, I had to lose money to lose even more money.

Then I had to spend money, to save money...on money I already lost.

SO...I guess there's money in value, at least I hope there is!

My plan was to offset my buy with my sale, but that didn't work out so well. Sometimes this is how it goes in the cattle business. One of the big 'heavy hitter' commercial buyers told me "Good Job!". I said thanks, but it didn't seem that way.

Took a 30% loss on real value sale, for a 45% savings on a potential value buy.

Five days of working practically around the clock. I guess my best thought now is, at least it's over. Maybe better next time.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Gosh....I would feel like a billionaire if I could say I got to buy something at $6,000 below market value...because that of course means that I have at least $6000. Seriously.

Perspective, darlin.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl
Gosh....I would feel like a billionaire if I could say I got to buy something at $6,000 below market value...because that of course means that I have at least $6000. Seriously.

Perspective, darlin.

Work hard with a smart plan for fifteen years and you might get the chance.
Not everyone is born with a ranch, but most are burn without slave status.

Today I wrapped up a five week ordeal that cost me ten grand- but will save me easily twenty in the coming years.

Work hard, plan big, work even harder to cover the 50 percent F U tax on your hard work.. Eat, sleep, repeat.
Otherwise you'll get eaten up living the bare minimum this broken society can take while giving the lucky sociopaths unimaginable riches earned on your sweat.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

my radiator blew out in the middle of the gorge today on my way home totally understand still waiting for the good bit

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

Perspective, darlin.

Work hard with a smart plan for fifteen years and you might get the chance.
Not everyone is born with a ranch, but most are burn without slave status.

Boy, ain't that the truth! We did this one the hard way too...from scratch. Wasn't an established family ranch that we inherited from previous generations. We started from ground zero. I had to work several years overseas to work up the money to buy just the land. Then it was houses, and fences, and out-buildings (barns), and equipment, and animals, and feed...and, and, and. The list goes on.

Today I wrapped up a five week ordeal that cost me ten grand- but will save me easily twenty in the coming years.

Yeah, I didn't factor in the longer term savings in my $6,000 figure. Doing so will work out to about another $35,000 in savings (or more). The $6k was just an immediate savings on an asset. Had planned on a generator costing $24,500, and actually got a bigger one for $18,500 ($6k less than planned). The bigger savings will be in the long term by not having to have the utility company run an overhead powerline a half mile, and re-string about another 1.5 miles of powerline which is only single phase (we need 3 phase power).

Work hard, plan big, work even harder to cover the 50 percent F U tax on your hard work.. Eat, sleep, repeat.
Otherwise you'll get eaten up living the bare minimum this broken society can take while giving the lucky sociopaths unimaginable riches earned on your sweat.

To the bone. Which is why I have to keep a day job too. And you get knocked around and tired sometimes and lay there in the bed at 3am (wake up time) and wonder why you're doing all this. Takes about 30 seconds to answer that question when there's just the sound of your own heartbeat and a couple coyotes off in the distance, not horns honking and sirens blaring, stereo's thumping and Harleys thundering by constantly.

The true meaning of 'Peace of Mind'

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Perspective, darlin.

Believe me, we don't live like billionaires, or even millionaires. Not even close.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: a325nt
Truth.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Perspective, darlin.

Believe me, we don't live like billionaires, or even millionaires. Not even close.

I know, FCD. Was just giving you crap. I grew up in the middle of farm country- I know that farmers and ranchers NEVER stop working and that the deck is stacked against them on all fronts, that every penny they earn comes from years of work and money lost just to earn that one penny.

The perspective thing- I used to be in AA, as I'm a recovering alcoholic. In those meetings, and when talking with those people (other alcoholics, who are of the "You Must Do AA Or You Will Drink Again" variety), you'd better not complain or express dissatisfaction with anything, because you will IMMEDIATELY get a stern lecture and platitudes about how "It could be worse." And that is certainly true...I'm positive there are people out there who would love to be in my shoes: I don't have any savings, but I do have a job that allows me to have a house of my own and pay my bills (mostly) on time. I'm sure that a person without legs would love to have to complain about needing to walk to work because they don't have a car. Etc etc...that game can go on for infinity, really.

That's all. 😊. Cheers and faith that you'll make it up somehow in the future.
edit on 4-11-2018 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

join