It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flu Vaccine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I really think this issue needs to be talked and "thought" about. It will soon turn from "But if you can, you should" to "you will or else"

Funny how "my body my choice" goes right out the damn window when talking about vaccines...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

We aren't anti-vaxxers or anything like that.

No your just the people everyone points to when guilt tripping others into getting the shot

" but you HAVE to inject this mystery liquid into yourself because poor JAGStorm cannot"

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The last time I got a flu shot I broke out at the injection site. Probably won’t do that again.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I haven't got a flu shot for over 20 years... its pointless

The shot only has the more prevalent strains going around, but theres literally hundreds of strains out there at any given time... which means even IF you decided to get the vaccine, you can still get the flu...

And I've caught it a few times working in the health care industry... it sucks... but many people I work with get the flu shot every year... and still get the flu almost every year

It comes down to personal choice... and unfortunately In some cases it might mean your job which is just bullsh!t

In any case, get the mandatory vaccines that we know are proven to work... the flu shot isn't one of them

They will never stick a needle in me with that crap..

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
Viruses mutate. Flu shots are pointless.
Why is it always the usual suspects that support all this mainstream Bullsh!t?
I suppose it's because we tend to survive longer than those who pass on getting the vaccine. It's Darwinian...don't sweat it.

Righto.

I'm a firm believer in the human immune system.

Vaccines leverage the human immune system.

If you have no immune system, vaccines are useless.
edit on 2/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterMcKill

originally posted by: JAGStorm
We aren't anti-vaxxers or anything like that.

Why not? After the US government just admitted they haven't been providing safety tests and oversight to the vaccine makers for the last 32 years, you might want to rethink your position.

What? Now that sounds interesting!

Can you provide details of that admission?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I believe in daily vitamins, hot toddies and hand sanitizer.

Hot toddies of hand sanitizer?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm Well it wasn't this nurse - this video is sure making the rounds on youtube channels..
Nurse Gives Explosive ‘Flu Shot Speech’ Before CDC Advisory Committee - YouTube

Stay safe!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
I get one every year.

No problems.

And no flu.

If you can’t, don’t.

But if you can, you should.
Yup, figures

If you can, you should stop being unencumbered by the thought process

You advocate livestock herd mentality

Moooo much??

That is how vaccines work. If the herd (on average) cannot get the bug, then they mostly can't infect each other, and the bug, with no host, dies out.

If one member of a herd can get the bug, they keep the bug alive and active and can spread the infection to others. Since vaccination is not 100% effective, they actually become a vector that can infect the rest of the herd.

edit on 2/11/2018 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smkymcnugget420

I really think this issue needs to be talked and "thought" about. It will soon turn from "But if you can, you should" to "you will or else"

Funny how "my body my choice" goes right out the damn window when talking about vaccines...

//// - THIS - ////

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I get my flu shot every year.

I don't ever get the flu.

Good luck to you all

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I have a severe reaction to the flu shot, I have had two in my life and have gotten extremely sick from them. It is an innate immunity issue which gives me a cytokine storm from the virus and adjuvant being in my body. It is listed on my medical records, it was there years ago but was ignored, finally it is in my records again.

Being that my body throws a #fit, I usually get over the flu in a day and from what I have read in official documents, my body destroys the virus quickly and the chance of getting the flu from me is very negligible. The doctors said I have natural immunity and should not get the shot. Nurses often got their head up their ... and do not know the whole story, most doctors know of this, it is dangerous for me to get the flu shot. I also have a milder reaction to the DTAP which just seems like pneumonia. No fever though. I never had a bade reaction to the plain tetnus in the past, maybe possibly a minor reaction but nothing notable. But one of the other two vacines in the DTAP gave me problems.

The nurses are not doctors, if you have a bad cytokine reaction to a vaccine talk to the doctor and have him or her put it on your records. The storm is not immediate, sometimes it takes up to five days to get full blown. If this storm does happen and your doctor blows you off, then time to get a new doctor. All these vaccines can give you some symptoms, but if it gets really bad, then your doctor should note it in your permanent records and advise you not to get another shot.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Not a big fan of immunising babies but adults is different
When I get a flu shot I don't get the flu, if I forget to get a shot I get the flu

I have authored posts about immunisation in the past but not afraid of flue shots
It's a choice

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I get flu shots every year ( i started to take mine after hard flu and i was unconscious 1,5 days ) .
What comes to mercury in vaccines, it is different kind of mercury and metabolizes faster than mercury you get form eating fish. And amount of formaldehyde is much less than you get from your own enviroment in daily basis.

Mercury in general is a addon they don´t use anymore at least in my country, the problem in mercury is not vaccine the problem is anti vaxxers and their propaganda.

Tuberculosis is spreading and other diseases of bad reputation due anti vaxxers. So basicly our habits of using medicines wrongly and denying vaccines make whole World more vunerable to next big pandemia.
Think about Antibiotics, we should eat all course of antibiotics when doctor describe those, many stop eating when they feel better. This makes bacteria and viruses resistant to antibiotics it turned Tuberculosis to resistant as many other diseases.

Propably in near future when all antibiotics are useless for mankind we will face serious pandemics.

Next time you go shopping and pay what you have , you propably didn´t know in that checker there has been people with MRSA, VRE, ESBL, TUBERCULOSIS, E-Coli (EHEC) etc before you have.

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I get hard flu and almost die from those shots..i wont be taking them.

Facts are we are not the same.

Facts are these shots barely work if ever on anyone.

Vast majority get the flu within 2 weeks to a month of aking the shot..like clockwork...

Facts..almost everyone hospitalized with the flu has had their shots...lol.

A good many of us realize that we should not have these shots..or alot of others as well.

And would actually fight to the death to not have them...not worth the suffering they bring.

Medical system thriving, costing more and more the more the doctors are listened too......or shall i say corporations.

Where I live a majority of doctors now do not fall for the propaganda and never even mention the shot unless someone asks themselves...we all know how useless and often dangerous it is.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
I recently saw a quote from a nurse that said if you don't get the flu shot, that's ok, but then don't come in for any other kind of medical help.

Probably not to be taken seriously, but nurses see the impact of flu. Flue brings illness and grief to the old an infirm and people who are already sick and have low immunity, i.e. are in hospital and under the care of nurses. Flu is no joke.

Clearly not everyone is able to take a vaccination, as per OP, but there is a case for "herd immunity", where the spread of flu can be stopped,or slowed, if enough people don't catch it i.e. are vaccinated.

People who use pseudoscience and quackery to say that vaccinations are bad, don't work and are evil need to get a dose of smallpox in my opinion. That'll make them change their narrow minds.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join