It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Thousands Who March Towards Us

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: loam

Americans are a generous people

Our generosity has been used and abused one too many times. Is it wrong that we want to focus on ourselves now?
Does that make us wrong and selfish?

So your argument is "we get to be selfish now" then question if that makes you selfish...

You know being selfish is wrong, you've taught your children that, because children are not introspective enough to see it for what it is. Are you smarter than a fifth grader? Can you not figure it out, or are you not willing to be introspective like an adult?

And what about our laws? Can you not allow for others to benefit from our very own laws of asylum? Are we truly a country of laws or a tiered system where different rules apply to different people? I'm pretty sure you feel like Hillary is getting the benefit of a two tiered system, so are you no better than her that you want to apply a two tiered system to immigrants that are legally trying to enter our country under asylum?

TL;DR Yes, that makes you wrong AND selfish.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
Wasp spray

Wrong product.
try this:

edit on 2-11-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Human suffering is as inevitable as death and taxes. It is part of the human condition to suffer. All we can do is find a little bit of joy amongst the pain.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Exactly. Who are we to be messing with these people's karma?
God might get mad at us for making life too easy on them.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I am all for implementing Star Treks Prime Directive when it comes to dealing with other countries. Time to mind our own business and stop interfering with others.
edit on 2018/11/2 by Metallicus because: Sp

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

TL;DR Yes, that makes you wrong AND selfish.

Call me wrong and selfish then. We've been sending aid to Honduras, tons and tons of aid. Obviously that isn't helping.
Time for people to help themselves.

Don't get me started on our laws, we know people have been using our laws through loopholes that were never meant to be used in that manner. Anchor babies for example.

As far as generosity goes, we need to help our fellow Americans. We have too many homeless, poverty stricken, mentally ill, elderly that are in dire need of our help. Charity starts at home.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
There will soon be a news story telling of the Thousands who March Away from US. A redline has been drawn & something big will happen this time and none will be stupid enough to try crossing the border illegally again.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam
a reply to: GBP/JPY

We're going to throw white anglo saxon protestants at them???
Don’t understand why you would say that considering the integrated American military. LOL not just white anglos but white Slavs,Celts ect not to forget every other know race. No we are throwing a military race army at them.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Was a simple joke.

Moving along...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
The thousands who march towards us are not nearly as dangerous as the hundreds that represent us in Congress.

The domestic enemies of the constitution, already inside the gates, are far more dangerous than peasants approaching from the south.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

Your being played. I don't know by who, or what their reason is. I don't care enough to figure that out. All i know is that 10000 immigrants on our border is not a security issue that we need to truly actually worry about. Its a concern for politics. And frankly, none of us get a seat at that table.

Just because someone points and says "OH NO, LOOK!!!" doesn't mean we need to do that.

So, you willing to take 10 or 12 of them - who won't speak the language, who won't be able to find jobs - into your home to care for them.

If not, you're the one who's just being played and just talking.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

I know our asylum laws very well thank you and the powers that govern them. I can tell by what you said that you are the one who doesn't know about our asylum laws and the regulations surrounding ports of entry.

A few people crossing our border is one thing, but when you have a flood of people coming it is entirely different; especially when they should be seeking asylum in Mexico and not the United States since that is the closes "safe zone" to their home territory.

Furthermore - it is a threat because terrorist cells have said they are using America's poor border security to get cell groups into the country.

At no point in your flawed statement did you establish a definite ground upon which you sand, and only remained ambiguous.

Our laws are set, and I do like them... That's what I said in the post... I love America, hence the reason I'm making a post in favor of this nations security.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MentorsRiddle

What is really sad is that by framing themselves as asylum seekers, there is no legal way to stop them entering and filing for asylum status. There is already a backlog of 70,000 asylum cases.

With no legal way to stop them per US immigration law and UN treaties, it is really pointless to discuss this anymore.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join