It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's largest neuromorphic supercomputer is switched on

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
If you seriously want an answer to that question, contact them. This thing has been fired up just now. How would he or someone else here outside of that team know that?

Also, you´re talking about one sensory input: the image.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I would run into similar other problems like energy density and weight. It´s a scaling problem.

I anticipate the coming fossil fuel scarcity will drive more ambition towards improving energy cells.

That problem is maybe 5 years from being a solution.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: InTheLight

If it can determine what objects are then i imagine it won't have much issue with the 24-hour clock.

I'm aware of Carl Jung's concept of synchronicity as would the machine be because it would assimilate data much in the same manner as we do, only much more efficiently and at far greater pace i imagine.

It a relevant question all the same.

Say it can reconcile and understand synchronicity, what do you imagine the implications to be?

I would think that if it can reconcile and understand synchronicity and mix it with history/psychology/philosophy, then perhaps it may then be able to predict or forecast future potentialities/possibilities/reoccurrences of, say for example, human folly and predictability in creating new wars.
edit on 111CDT11America/Chicago030111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
If you seriously want an answer to that question, contact them. This thing has been fired up just now. How would he or someone else here outside of that team know that?

Also, you´re talking about one sensory input: the image.

Not if the Movember information was also available for it to compute or overlay it with the existing image.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What do you mean with "not if". What does the "not" mean? Not what? It does not make sense.

My point was, it´s using one source as your base for information processing. What if you use audio, too? Certainly would give the algorithm another detection vector to conclude this is one and the same person with altered physical appearance?

Second point is, do you only have one sense? Would you be able to do it with only one sense? You don´t know, is the answer.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Then the answer you seek is apparently 42.

Keep in mind the only animal on the planet to date to initiate actual war is us Humans.

Any AI we create might be able to see the futility of such conflict. Even help us understand and avoid future conflicts, that could be a double-edged sword all the same.
edit on 2-11-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What if the AI has learned over time (2-3 days watching someones beard grow) what a beard is by asking for the term? And that it grows slow but can be removed fast? Or trimmed a bit....

Again, AI is not supersmart, it needs to learn. If it never learned what a beard is, it can´t comprehend.
Second again: AI is not smart from the beginning. It´s not like you boot it up. It´s an empty shell in terms of knowledge, just like a newborn.

A newborn has to learn everything from scratch, so does AI.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
What do you mean with "not if". What does the "not" mean? Not what? It does not make sense.

My point was, it´s using one source as your base for information processing. What if you use audio, too? Certainly would give the algorithm another detection vector to conclude this is one and the same person with altered physical appearance?

Second point is, do you only have one sense? Would you be able to do it with only one sense? You don´t know, is the answer.

That is the question I am asking, just how sophisticated are the algorithms to actually conclude subtle variances in physical appearance. But, you are right, none of us here can answer any of my questions.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Then the answer you seek is apparently 42.

Keep in mind the only animal on the planet to date to initiate actual war is us Humans.

Any AI we create might be able to see the futility of such conflict. Even help us understand and avoid future conflicts, that could be a double-edged sword all the same.

Yes, we don't take criticism well, do we?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Ever seen the movie Ex Machina?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   

We have never had any before from anything other than ourselves, criticism that is.

It will be a learning curve i imagine, kid gloves and all that jazz.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker
Is this the one with the female robot in that locked off area with some human test subjects to train it?

If so, yes, I can´t remember too much but it rings some bells.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Phenomenal movie that really sheds light onto the nuance of the conversation.

It personifies the robot in the film.

Should things get to the point where they look and think like us, it would be hard to answer the philosophical question of what defines life.

Is it self awareness and conciseness? Does having DNA or being carbon based make our consciousness more important?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Well if it looks like a Duck and quack like one.........it's a Duck.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Well if it looks like a Duck and quack like one.........it's a Duck.

Or, if I dressed up as a duck and quacked, does that make me a duck?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
God help us if it's first words are:
"I'm sorry Dave, I am afraid I can't do that"

link   
Bring that argument into transgender discussion. Heads will explode.

link   
Those silver boxes up top are holding human brains all wired together they are a marvel!
edit on 2-11-2018 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Thos silver boxes up top are holding human brains all wired together they are a marvel!

Then we are doomed.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Depends on how well you emulate a Duck, nevermind the purpose behind the emulation.

Probably help if your name was Donald or Daffy also.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join