It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Schrödinger's Bacterium" Could Be a Quantum Biology Milestone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

That might be jumping the shark along with the moon while riding a cow and clutching a spoon, but since this world we imagine we inhabit is nothing but energy and notions, why the heck not?

To quote myself (along with Bill... or was it Ted?), weird things are afoot at the Circle K!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Uh huh... and interesting doppelganger whimsy

but with great power comes great responsi-yada yada ...

Progress is cool and what we humans crave (along w electrolytes) but I fear that once we mold reality to our whim and learn to handle the immaterial consciousness, there will be insecure bullies catching bodied and disembodied intelligence and sticking them in experiments and slave roles, just 'cause.

When one really thinks about certain humans getting what amounts to god-lite powers, it scares the big boy pants right off me.

Some sadistic pucks are already slobbering over that drug that allegedly plays with our sensation of time ... wondering if they could give criminals the sensation of spending a thousand years imprisoned in their own minds in a single day, to save prison resources they say... but put yourself in the prisoner's mind... stuck helpless in their own heads for what feels like a thousand years! Yeah, that'll teach em not to break the law ...

sorry to veer of your lovely, hopeful musings on what's not even a tangent, but some humans are icky. We shouldn't forget that.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Hiya... wild things, indeed, go through your mind (I picture a Sendacian grey, wet mass with large bipedal beasts romping with a kid in a fuzzy suit)... but at least they are interesting wild things, no?

Heck, as entanglement is poorly understood, who knows how or if things get quantumly married? It could be metaclorians in your bio-soup or imps in the ear... or dreams in Solon's colon.

But yeah, reality is looking more subjective every time it is looked at.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

(smile) I was cranky the other day so apologies to science, just for being blunt though. I guess nearly three years on ATS has soured me towards "science".

That said, I once read an astrophysicist describing a nebula from the Hubble photos. He described a nebula as ". . . . a nursery for stars." That was wonder evoking, and he is so close with his feelings. So hope for astrophysicists at least.

Brings to mind musings on the early part of the universe should the big bang be true-ish and why can't we all be entangled, though my understanding of how particles technically get entangled in the first place is minimal (or forgotten).

A funny thing the "big bang", they say is universe is X many years old, which doesn't seem sensical, for it begets the question "what was before?" I guess science has a lot of maths to chalk up on the old blackboard yet.

But us lay folks can just do things the easy way. We can find out for ourselves. I'll commit a great heresy and say the unthinkable here in a science forum: Nature Spirit - there I did it (grin).

Their memories go back through their ancestors. I asked a very ancient one where she came from. She said "Elsewhere". If I ask the same question in the framework of the "big bang" she says: "What came before".

So the Universe can always have been without beginning and also only be some tens of billions of years old at the same time Perhaps science will start to look at more then just the matter they can see with mathematics and instrumentation. Where do stars come from?

Tho I sorta replied above, wanted to say "Hi!" and "no offense and you're right."

I still need my daddy figures in big science to validate this stuff because even though we don't know if entanglement relates to esp or macro information transfer, I DO know esp, etc., is a very real thing possibly associated with quantum entanglement; and esp is heavily polluted by charlatans and whackos and real, honest, nonprejudicial, intelligent science is the best tool we have, so far, to sort it in the larger sense.

I also think that though it's not a certainty, the fingers are pointing to "mysticism" and science converging .. .though I am also guessing that most mysticism is just partially forgotten science from ages ago.

And "hi" in return : )

Yeah the pollution is there, and it is best forgotten perhaps. The new age has a lot to answer for. But so does science because if nothing else they make something so simple into a mile of algebra, which only mathematician's understand. They should learn to translate.

I often think the engineers of old had the right way of thinking. If they wanted to cross a river they would look around, and if there were trees they would build a wooden bridge, if stone was there they would build out of that. Either way they would always get to the other side.

Quantum entanglement might be a way to understanding ESP, yet I'll wager it is not the only way. I hope science does not dismiss other ways as "non-existing".

edit on 3-11-2018 by Whatsthisthen because: usual typos

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   

No worries.

I also have problems watching video when i play it from ATS.

If you scroll near the bottom of the screen. There's a watch on youtube option next to the settings/full screen icon.

They play better from youtube.

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Things are strange at the nano level. They even had to come up with a name for it: Electron Quantum Metamaterials.

Although our friends in the aerospace industry are already aware of and make use of this field already!

And if that is not enough...

Nanocardboard's stiffness-to-weight ratio makes it ideal for aerospace and microrobotic applications, where every gram counts. In addition to unprecedented mechanical properties, nanocardboard is a supreme thermal insulator, as it mostly consists of empty space.

Future work will explore an intriguing phenomenon that results from a combination of properties: shining a light on a piece of nanocardboard allows it to levitate. Heat from the light creates a difference in temperatures between the two sides of the plate, which pushes a current of air molecules out through the bottom.

phys.org, Nov. 6, 2018 - Engineers develop ultrathin, ultralight 'nanocardboard'.

That little fact might be of interest! I seem to remember somebody once said their craft "ran off light", once upon a time! It is amazing what one can do with a trillion trillion atoms all synched together doing one thing.

In your free time (hehe), you can attend Phoenix University and earn your Electron Quantum Metamaterials degree in as little as ten months!

As Feynman said, there is plenty of room at the bottom!

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   

YO BADOGGIE-MA! ...of prior incarnations @ Isur and junjun! So very adorable to see you here! We had some merry exchanges back in 1997ish :-)))

"Al-Khalili closes the book with some thoughts on the possibilities of teleportation and time travel. Indeed, in his view, the two may be linked in a fashion that could make them possible in the far future. And both ideas were born out of papers that Einstein co-wrote in 1935 to describe two different phenomena: quantum entanglement and wormholes (or what initially were called Einstein-Rosen bridges between two points of spacetime).

The two ideas--instantaneous communication between subatomic particles--and time travel into the past via wormhole--appear at first to have nothing in common. But Al-Khalili notes that recently theoretical physicists have realized they could be intimately connected.

What if pairs of entangled particles are in fact able to "communicate" with each other because they are joined by a wormhole? The more I read up on and think about this crazy idea, the more I like it. It's just so neat. Thus, wormholes, assuming they are physically possible, of course, could act as both teleporters and time machines. Wouldn't that be the coolest thing ever?"

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Verdeverde3

Wow, you have more intact memory cells than I, despite having to be at least equally ancient! Those sites stirred a mere glimmer of memories .. . and I expect with more prompting, my crusted brain would cough up more fragments .. .what was your moniker back then (not that that would help me, but one never knows)??

This site has become an addiction ... primarily because of the few who haunt it with me and old, buried threads with the wisdom of the ages explained therein.

But hiya... whomever you are!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

(FYI. There is another out reach over at my short story about black goo).

IDK, but what if "worm holes" are not physical but knowledge/information? So when particles go down the black hole drain, their wormholes get spread around the galaxy, thus, it keeps the "matter is neither created nor destroyed" prayer alive and kicking!

Where do ideas come from? A: The 45 rpm Akashic Record Player at the center of the galaxy! It just has to have a good beat you can swing your hips around to!

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Posting to be able to follow this threads development

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I don´t know, I´m not an expert on this level. Serious answer.

You can ask me anything about AI but this is uncharted water for me.

posted on Nov, 9 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

Interesting. Ever heard of Mr. Grebennikov? He supposedly used bug wings on a mechanism that allows him to rotate each layer over another in different patterns and he got a lifting effect, more so during the day than at night.

He claims wild stories, it probably is hogwash all together but there is an interesting connection. What if the geometric structures he used leveraged some of that behavior? The hegaxonal shape is something I see repeating in his studies.

Consume with a truckload of salt:
www.keelynet.com...
edit on 9-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Debbie :-) Rob?

(sample)

web.archive.org...://isur.com:80/public_board/messages/963.html

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Trying to find an artifact to jog your gray matter---the wayback machine link didn't translate here---
I pasted in a post blow by you as "Romeo" (self named by you ;-) to me (in this exchange with me under moniker of "Drucilla"---we did go ON--I must say, heeyuk)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by Baddogma on January 23, 1997 at 17:37:09:

In Reply to: Romeo posted by Drucilla on January 23, 1997 at 16:58:14:

I have had the pleasure of experiencing a few things out-of-the-ordinary, such as:

1. Living in two haunted houses, one VERY, the other MILDLY...
2. Having showers of stones pelt myself and a friend in the middle of the night from no visible source at a local historical "park" and former Indian Village/Army post...
3. Seeing UFOs several times...none spectactular, but definitley not normal air traffic...
4. Having memories at a very young age of another "life" that scared my parents half to death (ie: That child's POSSESSED!!)..
5. Having minor, but numerous, esp experiences
throughout my life...
6. Seeing impossible-to-explain-naturally red,glowing eyes with 18 witnesses (some university scientists) at a local canyon some years ago...still get chills 'bout that one...
7. Had an accountant/executive father who could "cloud-bust"...thought he'd gone crackers 'till he gave me a demonstration....put five holes in heavy cumulous clouds in four minutes so they were donut shaped...
But have had no "soul-shattering" experiences either...but enough to know there is SOMETHING to all this stuff...
My friends and family who think they may have been "experiencers" have a wide and varied set of experiences...like the usual "sleep-terror/paralysis with the "normal" alien types showing up...marks, memories, etc. A cousin had a close-up sighting in Joliet Il of an egg shaped craft that made his engine stall out and came close enough to see the spindely-armed, black. large eyed, bald, big-headed pilot and then lost two hours of time.. and he's the most pragmatic, honest person I know...never prone to flights of fancy (before at least!). So there you have a lengthy diatribe about my "paranormal" (word should be "very-normal but not yet known") experiences... I left a lot out but didn't want anyone falling asleep on the job!
Woof!

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

More ...Apologies in advance to others on this thread for cluttering up the flow here with meaningless meringue...but just gotta share the thread titles from a place far away and long ago, with my man, the legendary online glibmeister of esoterica, Badoggma. BDog, the theme below is obviously follow the bouncing contributor 'handles'--which we kept changing--you had some positively hilarious ones, you rapscallion of wit....(and look at your response to dear sweet Granny...lololol)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wayback machine:

Now, Now Debbie... - Baddogma (cover's blown!) 16:28:45 1/23/97 (16)

Reginald - Diedra 16:32:37 1/23/97 (15)

Who Is Baddogma...Really? - Baddogma 16:41:19 1/23/97 (14)

Romeo - Drucilla 16:58:14 1/23/97 (13)

Oh Duchess Diana, You Debutante... - Baddogma 17:37:09 1/23/97 (12)

Oh my, we DO have some things in common! - Granny 20:04:51 1/23/97 (1)

Like...My Age In Doggie Years? - Baddogma 15:15:52 1/24/97 (0)

Roberto, you raucous renegade of reason - Dorcus 18:14:18 1/23/97 (9)

Delighted, Desiree'...Don't Despair Darling... - Horrible Hound Harrassing Habitual Habits 18:48:16 1/23/97 (4)

Raymond, ravishing rhetoric really.. - Dagmar 19:08:46 1/23/97 (3)

End O'Thread-Pass Me The Spool... - Robert-o I may be...but ya got the last name wrong, smarty-pants! 19:37:15 1/23/97 (2)

Ramon, another thing... - Daphne 18:43:27 1/23/97 (3)

Figures...And Here's A Totally Irrelevent UFO Story... - Cunning Canine Critter Cutting Crap 18:58:07 1/23/97 (2)

Ricardo, read remembered rambling of Roswell - Dorothea 19:24:09 1/23/97 (1)

thank you both - bob the dog 19:26:25 1/23/97 (0)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Oh, wow. Hi Debbie.

Eek- doxxed by an old stalker!!!

Kidding (mostly) heh... I remember you. I flirted with you shamelessly for years, always suspecting you were in reality some dude or an AI set up to ensnare male nerds in an early DARPA experiment, but we had fun. If I recall, my gf at the time was less amused.

At any rate, hope the years have been kind... and yeah, lets not derail too much as some serious folks are watching this trainwreck for quantum biology, not net biology : )

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

message me I'll catch you up on some of the old crew :-)

posted on Nov, 10 2018 @ 10:44 PM
link   
iirc, brain cell "tubes" rely on a quantum effect.

posted on Nov, 29 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
To Baddogma:

No stalker ...Trust it!

Trying to orient myself in the vast deep content terrain of this site and you're officially the only kindred earthling I have any microdot of familiarity with (which is positively insanely synchronous in the extreme, I mean really nuts--20 years hence! fer crying out loud).

Anyway...as a fellow ISUR/Farsight/JunJun ALUM--what do you think of this, it's brand new--just coming out (re Bob Lazar)? And please BD, can you recommend a more appropriate thread on the topic (I realize I'm off-topic here and I don't want to rile the residents-- but would love to hear your thoughts on it...)

vimeo.com...

edit on 29-11-2018 by Verdeverde3 because: Identify who the post was directed to

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Verdeverde3

Last off topic post, in case you don't check the Private Messages often, Deb... and I know re: stalking, heh, any search would've found me easily.

There is a recent Lazar thread here, somewhere, but I haven't the time to search that one atm.

My latest thoughts are that this other linked explanation has the best scenario that explains the structured craft portion of the ufo enigma ... (and for lurkers, it's the Astr0 thread so don't get too excited as to something "new"):

Astr0

my own thread trying to deconstruct it is here:

BTUs and ABCs

All I can say is that I really, really tried to squash it, but it was a tough one to disprove... and the testimony from others on this site , whom I respect, had some first hand experiences with the 'RKs" and it impressed me; and still does all these years later.

Of course, most think it's crazy and/or an intricate joke, but it just doesn't make sense as such, in my opinion, of course.

It's past the time when it was supposed to all come out, but then, gain, there is more "disclosure" talk of late, so it might just be slower than they thought in 2014. Have fun.

oh and here is the latest Lazar thread ... yay:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12/1/2018 by Baddogma because: add

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join