It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Gov Loses Landmark Vaccination Lawsuit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Kennedy is just a conspiracy theorist spewing the truth about this subject. I am glad he won that, but what will actually happen, the total of all big Pharma control way too much power in this country, power obtained by fear mongering that is spread by the health regulating agencies of our government.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Once again the conspiracy loons are proven correct.
Not all vaccines are safe and effective.
The government is spying on all of us.
When do we get an apology?

Conspiracy theorist, STFU.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

What's your solution?

Make the vaccines safer. Ban thimerosal from all vaccines, and also from dental fillings (which has nothing to do with vaccines but studies have shown that slowly but surely toxins are released from silver fillings when we chew). Find adjuvants that are not toxic to humans since studies have found adjuvants like aluminum are linked to neurological issues/illnesses, more so on infants.

If they test vaccines for a flu strain, it's worthless before it materializes. That bit about the vaccines causing the flu is well, wrong.

There is always a way. If we were of the type of mentality that "we can't do this," we wouldn't have put men on the moon, and we wouldn't have made all the discoveries that have advanced the sciences.

Isn't a larger risk to public health the anti-vaccine crowd themselves? Doubly so if they manage to get them taken off the market for even a short while.

That claim of yours is wrong.

Analysis finds limited evidence for HCW flu vaccination
Filed Under:
Influenza Vaccines

Lisa Schnirring | Staff Writer | CIDRAP News
| Sep 19, 2013
And influenza experts who commented on the analysis pointed out that, for specific outcomes such as lab-confirmed influenza, the data showed little evidence of protection for patients. They agreed, though, that immunization is a good measure to take.

The meta-analysis, by researchers from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), appeared in an early online edition of Clinical Infectious Diseases. They focused on four randomized controlled trials and four observational studies from long-term facilities or hospitals. They pooled the results and assigned grades to the quality of the evidence.
In addition, the science behind flu vaccination mandates has been a topic of recent debate. In November 2012, an editorial in a Canadian medical journal calling for mandatory flu shots in HCWs prompted a quick response from researchers who questioned the evidence cited in the piece.

The new CDC analysis of HCW flu vaccination is part of an overall trend toward evidence-based public health recommendations and parallels recent new scrutiny on the efficacy of the flu vaccine itself.
Though the investigators found a 42% drop in ILI, the impact on lab-confirmed flu—a much more specific outcome—was lower and not statistically significant.

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

Has anyone noticed that when someone in your house gets the flu almost everyone in your house also gets the flu?

New Canadian studies suggest seasonal flu shot increased H1N1 risk

Filed Under: H1N1 2009 Pandemic Influenza; Influenza Vaccines

By: Maryn McKenna | Apr 06, 2010

Apr 6, 2010 (CIDRAP News) –
In a lengthy article published today in Public Library of Science Medicine (PLoSMed), researchers detail the results of four supplementary studies that were launched after an April 2009 school outbreak provided the first signal of an association between seasonal flu shots and pandemic flu illness. The studies, which took in about 2,700 people, found overall that the likelihood of needing medical attention for pandemic flu was 1.4 to 2.5 times greater among people who were vaccinated the previous fall.
The Canadian researchers add, however, that their results may signal a heretofore-undetected biological mechanism of interaction, one that could occur again in the rare instance of a pandemic strain arising after a flu season has already begun. The 2009 pandemic strain surfaced in the last weeks of the 2008-09 flu season, months after vaccines for that season had been administered.

"Our results may seem counterintuitive, but they cannot be dismissed on the basis that no biological mechanism can plausibly explain them," the Canadian researchers write. "If these observations do reflect a real biological effect . . . they raise important questions that warrant further scientific observation."

www.cidrap.umn.edu...

We have grown up in world where we have not seen just how bad it was prior to vaccines. My own father, born in 1913 had six of his siblings die in the same year from the flu. I grew up with people in the community who had polio because not everyone was getting vaccinated and it took until my time when they were educated enough to know how dangerous it was to not get vaccinated.

I nearly died from the Whooping Cough, the Measles and had a horrible time with the Mumps after I got it at age 13. No kid needs to go through that now unless their parents are anti-vaccination.

Stuff like this just encourages people putting their own children at risk over what amounts to illiteracy.

First of all, back in the early 1900s people did not have central heating like we have now, or easy access to heated water. I lived in Spain almost 10 years in the 1980s, and I remember the old iron heaters that you had to pour water in, and in fact didn't heat much. In Spain back then children were not required to have flu shots, and we didn't get any "massive pandemic and deadly flu." Go back even further, even in the U.S. and people had it much harder than we have it now. Our homes these days are evenly heated, we have easy access to heated water. We have access to supplemental vitamins, and foods which many people did not have access to in the early 1900s.

Perhaps you don't remember those things, and tell me if I am wrong, but in 1913 your house probably didn't even have a shower. In Cuba people don't have running hot water like in much of the rest of the world, and instead people have to heat water in metal buckets, which is how I think most Americans had to do it back in the early 1900s if they had the money to buy wood/coal.

Things have changed a lot since the early 1900s, and to claim that the reduction, or almost elimination of illnesses are because of vaccines is to simply be illiterate and not remembering how things were back in the early 1900s.

Look at the black plague that killed millions of people in Europe. What caused it and what eliminated it? Was it vaccines that eliminated this deadly disease? or was it a change in hygiene, as well as the elimination of the rats causing the plague, that people eventually learned was needed to stay healthy?

Not to mention the fact that it does matter that vaccines have not been tested for efficacy, or safety. It does matter because dozens and dozens of studies have found links between children, and even adults taking vaccines and being injured from them, including developing neurological problems, and other health issues.

edit on 2-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

It seems to me that failure to comply with the conditions of the law invalidates the immunity granted. It should be possible to argue in court that the immunity doesn't apply because the agreement wasn't followed

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Now Autism stats will be down and child mortality will be up, enjoy your mumps,measles,small pox,HPV, and polio you guys earned it.

Higher child mortality rate, because there will be a push to force the vaccine makers to test their vaccines for safety every two years... BY LAW...???

The opposite effect would happen if safety research on vaccines were done...

I shouldn't have responded to your idiotic post because it's clear you didn't even read the OP. FFS!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
If you lived through the polio epidemic last century, you would not think that vaccines are a governments way to control people, or spread autism or some other kind of conspiracy crap.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   
^---- Again here we have someone incapable of rational thoughts.

Just because someone wrote that somewhere, EVERYONE that has concerns about the safety of some vaccinations MUST be thinking it´s orbital mind control nanobots or making us sick.

For years we were told vaccines are safe and they are tested thorougly. It can´t be that greedy corporations who make money with that will cut down on safety. Since they don´t want your money, they want your best.

Realize they do not make those vaccines to keep you healthy in first place. It´s to line their pockets. That´s how capitalism works.

Or do you think a hooker just wants you to have a great time and the payment is a nice little extra?

Wake up.

Disclaimer: My kids and grandkids are all vaccinated.

The argument "My vaccinated kid is unsafe because your kid is not vaccinated" is bull#, too
edit on 2-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I am for voluntary vaccinations, but not in this thread. all vaccine propagandists should get them, their children and parents, moreover, forcibly from an unknown, random party
you remember the names of propagandists bio weapons , they and in other topics servants of satan
edit on 2/11/18 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Well, I was not around in 1913 when my father was born, obviously, but I do know all about the diseases that kids no longer have to live through or die from now.

Like I said I nearly died from the Whooping Cough and with the Measles my fever went so high, I still remember my mother putting me in a washtub filled with ice water to save my life. Two of my classmates in second grade did die from the Whooping Cough the year I had it.

There were anti-vaccine folks then also. That's where the cases of Polio came from in those years just after the vaccines were developed.

It's easy to pretend otherwise due to an unfounded paranoia. Heck, there are people who think the entire medical community is out to get them. I know two such people myself. They feed off of this stuff and use it as validation, never considering the fact of how long we live now and how healthy we are compared to the time before modern medicine. If they are out to get us they are failing because we just keep living longer and longer and are more healthy.

Are you aware that shortly after China outlawed the old school woo-woo medicine, the expected lifespan in China went from around 45 to nearly match ours pretty much overnight?

Even encouraging people to not vaccinate is dangerous and actually could cost lives needlessly.

The smart money would be to bet on the consensus among the medical community, not nonsense by the fringe in the community.
edit on 11/2/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Nothing is safe, but vaccine have saved millions, probably billions of lives. The impact of the flu alone per year is incredibly expensive, especially in the elderly and the immunocompromized.

vaccines ain't some magical unitary substance called vaccines. There are changes to the their components. And you sure as hell should have to test any change for safety.

You can't say drugs have saved millions of lives, we don't need to test new drugs for safety, that'd be madness.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Smallpox and polio isnt enough data for you?

I'm surprised it took so long for this response.

That's right, Andy. Who the hell do Americans think they are, after all?

If we are told something is so... then it must be so... because... diseases... and because... government...

BTW... I hear some drug makers might have really good deals on that "Miracle Drug", Thalidomide for insomnia, morning sickness and depression!

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
If the lawsuit was dismissed, what did the Government lose? Exactly?
drive.google.com...

HHS said that they could not locate any records which were responsive to the specific request. They did not say that no testing has been done.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
HHS said that they could not locate any records which were responsive to the specific request. They did not say that no testing has been done.

Can I do that with my taxes?

I paid, but can't find the check.

edit on 2-11-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

My bank uses microfiche, I think. I haven't received my original checks from the bank in years. I don't even get a paper statement.

But you should use your credit card to pay your taxes.
edit on 11/2/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

There were anti-vaccine folks then also. That's where the cases of Polio came from in those years just after the vaccines were developed.

It's easy to pretend otherwise due to an unfounded paranoia. Heck, there are people who think the entire medical community is out to get them. I know two such people myself. They feed off of this stuff and use it as validation, never considering the fact of how long we live now and how healthy we are compared to the time before modern medicine. If they are out to get us they are failing because we just keep living longer and longer and are more healthy.

Here we go again with either "you must accept unsafe vaccines or none at all" type mentality.

Don't you understand the difference between making "safer vaccines" and "no vaccines at all"?...

However, there are some vaccines that might not be necessary to use as much, such as flu vaccines. There are billions of kids these days who grew up without having to take flu vaccines, or at least not as much as in the U.S., and didn't die from whooping cough or from the flu because our way of life has changed so much since the early 1900s. Many of us did take other vaccines (which were probably safer than they are now), which btw studies have also shown that multiple vaccines in one go on babies can also cause damage on the health of the children since it puts their immunity systems in overdrive. Again, this is not saying "let's get no vaccines for children", but rather that because a baby's constitution is still weak, babies should be getting "SAFER VACCINES" separated, instead of in one go.

Not to mention the fact that there are studies which indicate the flu mutates/changes from one season to the next, and vaccines are made from the flu strain of the previous season rendering vaccines ineffective against the newly mutated flu.

Then there is also the fact that how flu vaccines are made, by growing the vaccine components in chicken eggs, makes the flu vaccine less effective if not entirely ineffective in humans.

Wu used a high-resolution imaging technique called X-ray crystallography to show that -- when grown in eggs -- the H3N2 subtype mutates a key protein to better attach to receptors in bird cells. Specifically, there was a mutation called L194P on the virus's hemagglutinin glycoprotein (HA). This mutation disrupts the region on the protein that is commonly recognized by our immune system.

This means a vaccine containing the mutated version of the protein will not be able to trigger an effective immune response. This leaves the body without protection against circulating strains of H3N2.

www.sciencedaily.com...

In case you didn't know, whooping cough can also be treated with antibiotics if caught early. So again, it isn't "just vaccines which allowed us to give us the lifespan we have now, and it wasn't the only advancement in science that got rid of most diseases." Our sciences have advanced in many ways, not just vaccines. Our way of life has also advanced in ways that has improved the lives of billions of people, all of it helped cure, or almost got rid of many diseases. This claim that "vaccines were the only thing that saved us" is simply not true. Again, asking for safer vaccines is not the same as being anti-vaccines. However, there are "vaccines that are necessary" and should be made safer. Heck, all vaccines should be made safer, and that's what most of us people like you label as "anti-vaccine" in fact just want... safer vaccines.

Also, the amount of vaccines children used to have before 1986 compared to how many vaccines the CDC claims children in the U.S. must have now has tripled. In case you didn't know, in Europe and other countries children don't have to take as many vaccines as children in the U.S. Have the lives, or lifespans of children in Europe become worse because of it? No.

Again, stating the fact that overloading children with vaccines as it happens in the U.S. is a bad idea, is not the same as stating "children in the U.S. should get no vaccine at all..."

The misuse/overuse of antibiotics has unintended consequences as well, which include an increase in fatal diarrhea in children, wiping out good gut bacteria, teaches good bacteria to "go bad," increases the cases of untreatable gonorrhea, and increases how many times children must be taken to hospitals.

www.healthline.com...

Then there is the association found in the excessive vaccination children in the U.S. have been getting, which no other children in other nations including Europe receive, and it's link to neurological disorders such as autism and ADD in children and persons who are genetically predisposed.

J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2011;74(14):903-16. doi: 10.1080/15287394.2011.573736.

A positive association found between autism prevalence and childhood vaccination uptake across the U.S. population.

Delong G.

Author information

Abstract

The reason for the rapid rise of autism in the United States that began in the 1990s is a mystery. Although individuals probably have a genetic predisposition to develop autism, researchers suspect that one or more environmental triggers are also needed. One of those triggers might be the battery of vaccinations that young children receive. Using regression analysis and controlling for family income and ethnicity, the relationship between the proportion of children who received the recommended vaccines by age 2 years and the prevalence of autism (AUT) or speech or language impairment (SLI) in each U.S. state from 2001 and 2007 was determined. A positive and statistically significant relationship was found: The higher the proportion of children receiving recommended vaccinations, the higher was the prevalence of AUT or SLI. A 1% increase in vaccination was associated with an additional 680 children having AUT or SLI. Neither parental behavior nor access to care affected the results, since vaccination proportions were not significantly related (statistically) to any other disability or to the number of pediatricians in a U.S. state. The results suggest that although mercury has been removed from many vaccines, other culprits may link vaccines to autism. Further study into the relationship between vaccines and autism is warranted.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Do aluminum vaccine adjuvants contribute to the rising prevalence of autism?
Lucija Tomljenovic a,⁎, Christopher A. Shaw a,b
a Neural Dynamics Research Group, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of British Columbia, 828 W. 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L8
b Departments of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences and Experimental Medicine and the Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia,
828 W. 10th Ave, Vancouver, BC, Canada V5Z 1L8

omsj.org...

This type of argument you are making is similar to the political climate the left has been leading us into. ""Either you agree with us completely and ask no questions, and have no concerns or you can't have a say..."

edit on 2-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment, and links.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

I don't think we were talking about the overuse of antibiotics?

The problem I'm pointing out is that vaccines are not dangerous as they are. Problems from them are so rare, they are safer than aspirin are they not? I believe that is true.

You see what happens is people use this stuff to validate dangerous behavior. Put their own children's and their own lives and health at risk.

How is not leaving it up to the consensus of qualified medical professionals not preferable?

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Vaccines by and large do work imo, but you need checks and balances. Especially over decades. Companies cut corners to save money all the time. Just because vaccines work, doesn't mean they should not be inspected for safety, every year. The fact that the FDA is the body that supposedly inspects and approves vaccines, if not true is alarming.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

The fact that the FDA is the body that supposedly inspects and approves vaccines, if not true is alarming.
It is apparently true that HHS did not furnish required reports to Congress. It is not true that vaccines do not undergo safety trials, testing, and monitoring.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
If the lawsuit was dismissed, what did the Government lose? Exactly?
drive.google.com...

... Seriously Phage?... The agreement for dismissal was about the demand to provide the reports. Since the reports cannot be provided because the HSS can't find ANY of these reports, and remember that they had to be given to the HSS every 2 years, that's the reason for the agreement for dismissal for this particular demand which was agreed upon by both parties...

Now, note that this particular lawsuit is about what is on bold below...

These reports had to be in the records of the HHS, yet the response is that they could not find any reports, not even at the Federal Court Records. Hence why both parties agreed to a dismissal of this particular lawsuit which was a demand for the records.

Other lawsuits will ensue on the matter because of this response. Which, btw if you notice "the Committee on Energy and Commerce of the House of Representatives" and the "Committee on Labor and Human Resources of the Senate" should have been getting these reports every 2 years, and then these reports had to be kept at the Federal Court records. Since there are no records for these reports, then neither Committee of the House of Representatives, nor the Senate have been getting these reports as they should have. Both committees have a lot to answer for as to why they haven't demanded these records every 2 years for 32 years.
edit on 2-11-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

The agreement for dismissal was about the demand to provide the reports. Since the reports cannot be provided because the HSS can't find ANY of these reports, and remember that they had to be given to the HSS every 2 years, that's the reason for the agreement for dismissal for this particular demand...
I know. That's what I said. Except that the reports to Congress were supposed to be from HHS.

These reports had to be in the records of the HHS, yet the response is that they could not find any reports, not even at the Federal Courts Records.
Why would reports which were to be directed to Congress appear in Federal Court Records? Why would anyone look for them there?

Hence why both parties agreed to a dismissal of this particular lawsuit which was a demand for the records.
Yes. What lawsuit are you talking about?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join