It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thanksgiving is being deleted because it is nationalist / exceptionalist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Stores that would usually make a lot of money off of holiday spending are making no acknowledgement of it this year. They skipped straight from Halloween to Christmas. This is because:

Thanksgiving hearkens back to the founders of the Republic, and their celebration of American produce: pumpkins, maize/corn, turkeys etc.

Thanksgiving is a specifically religious holiday, albeit one that most religions can include in their social observances. But a spirit of gratitude does not jibe with progressive marxist victimhood.

Thanksgiving is nationalist because it is specifically American in its symbols and setting

Thanksgiving is exceptionalist because it first implies that the United States enjoys the special favor and blessing of the Deity, in a way that /snip/-hole countries don't.

The consumer-engineers have tried to replace the traditional meal and family games with "Black Friday" consumerism, going to the movies, binging on Netflix, and binging on massive online games.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: tovenar

Thanksgiving is exceptionalist because it first implies that the United States enjoys the special favor and blessing of the Deity, in a way that /snip/-hole countries don't.

You know that thanksgiving is celebrated in many other countries? Here it´s called "Erntedank".

edit on 1-11-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I heard that due to employee pressures, more chain stores will be CLOSED this Thanksgiving.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Maybe Christmas should deleted Because Santa is Russian and hm white!

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust
People will survive it.

Isn´t the sense of a holiday that -except for very important positions- everyone get´s a day off to celebrate that event? Are the stores in the USA opened 365 days a year?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Why would santa come for christmas? Isn´t christmas a christian holiday that celebrates jesus birth (yes I know 24.12 was not the date..)

What has this santa to do with that?

Excuse my ignorant questions.

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:59 AM
link   
If the “tolerant” left had its way. Thanksgiving would be renamed native American genocide enslavement and theft of land by evil white men .

PETA would probably chime in about the slaughter of turkeys or some such # .

Before anybody considers this post off topic. The chipping away at our traditions is due to the new PC culture .

It amazes me how the boneheads can compare the culture from 300 years ago to the present day. It makes about as much sense as sandpaper underwear .

I’m not justifying what happened but it was a different time then.

I just wish that people would leave our heritage alone .

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I'm in no way surprised about this. I'll bet Pocahontas is is agreement. ( not the REAL) Pocahontas.

These people hate tradition. They can go order McDonald's while I enjoy Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, rolls and green bean salad. All while I ignore the Lions game. I love tradition lol.

Screw the rest. They hate America, they can go simmer in their hate fests.

ETA-I forgot to mention GRAVY!!! You can't forget the gravy! That's the main thing! Geeze I really messed up.
edit on 1-11-2018 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Thanksgiving is the day where your eat and rest up so you have plenty of energy to shop on Black Friday.

The Economy's will be done. Praise be to The Economy.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

You know that thanksgiving is celebrated in many other countries? Here it´s called "Erntedank".

9 countries, although as I understand it only a small minority of Germans celebrate it...

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
My god, 9 more racist countries!

We should should not celebrate thanksgiving/erntedank anymore! It´s just to much.

What´s your point??

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

That's some pretty good hyperbole you've got going on there. There seems to be a lot of this type of rhetoric going around these days. Let's try to stick to reality.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:26 AM
link   

My god, 9 more racist countries!

We should should not celebrate thanksgiving/erntedank anymore! It´s just to much.

What´s your point??

I didn't have a point, I don't live in Germany, I don't know what you celebrate, I just read then the vast majority of Germans would only know about it from watching TV, I was curious because I didn't know other countries celebrate thanksgiving.

Why so angry?

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   
My point is that this all get´s extremly ridiculous. I would laugh about it if the erasing of history and eroding of general values would not be so sad.

This PC culture went way too far from the very beginning.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Actually the premise of wanting to change the name of Thanksgiving is real. The rest of the post was made in humor to lighten the situation .

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:44 AM
link   
What ever...I'm eating my turkey....

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Speaking of eroding of general values, the highest form of intelligence is communication without judgement, if you are interested there is a book written by an American named Dr M Rosenberg should you be interested in not contributing to those eroding values.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Good idea, tell me when you finished it if it´s worth it

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Good idea, tell me when you finished it if it´s worth it

I have, that's why I'm not resorting to insulting you ,even though you felt the need to be nasty.
edit on 1-11-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Must be a misunderstanding. It was not clear to me you had already read it. So it´s good?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join