It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I triggered a Gen "I" kid at store - thought he was going to cry or freak out

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

błąd, I think I have a groupy now!

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience.
Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.

Hal Borland

Peace

posted on Nov, 6 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

No it would have not. In all I think the OP took one of the better options. First of all if the kid is OCD, they have a pet peeve about having everything in order. So helping him put everything in his satchel wont help. Because like the OP said, he did that already, and then took it all out to put it all back in again.

Now what if you help him and you put it all in the wrong order? What then? Do you even know what the right order is? Nope only that kid knows, he may have even got pushy with you for messing with his items in his satchel, because like everything else its in his head.

Like this whole who's wrong and who's right thing, or this this whole dam thread. If anything its so a none event, it really does not matter one iota. But if it pleases people, maybe the OP could have been less smarmy about his move it along. But then again, if he was. Who's to say that he would get the picture.

Either way. Looks like everybody got there points across. Or if not across then at least, in. Ya, that's the word for it, everybody got there points in. And in a few years, those points may even get across. Who knows, right?

posted on Nov, 7 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
After seeing some of the people who voted yesterday I would say that this kid could have been 18 or older b/c I saw some people who looked like they were 13-14yrs old vote but they gave their B-Days as being 18 or 19.

It seems that kids today either have a wider range of "looks" in their youth (younger can look older and the opposite), especially with girls when they wear makeup and such. IDK if this is an effect of being older and removed from people of that age or if it has something to do with how kids mature these days, or the food/water/drugs. I did have a neighbor who looked about 11-12 when she was 20 but she had some kind of condition(s) that effected size among other things.

posted on Sep, 27 2021 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DigginFoTroof

Now he tries to put his 1/2 full

What's wrong with using the word 'half'? Why say 'cust' instead of 'customer'? 'Cust' is not a word.

In any case, sounds to me like you were in the classroom of 'patience', with life as the teacher and you learning a lesson.

Remember that the reward for patience is..

...patience.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join