It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump plans to sign executive order curbing birthright citizenship: report

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Obviously there are other threads on this.

for my 2 cents though,
If you are born in the US, then other countries don't have jurisdiction over you...the US does.

If a couple from China comes over here and has a kid, China cannot demand that the child is a chinese citizen...as it was born outside of China, and therefore outside of their jurisdiction.

There is no clause, there is only neoconservative xenophobia and sadness

If they were legal immigrants, then I would certainly agree.

However, you probably won't listen to me, so how about Harry Reed?

If making it easy to be an illegal alien isn’t enough, how about offering a reward for being an illegal immigrant? . . . No sane country would do that, right?

Guess again. If you break our laws by entering this country without permission and give birth to a child, we reward that child with U.S. citizenship and guarantee of full access to all public and social services this society provides.

And that’s a lot of services. Is it any wonder that two-thirds of the babies born at taxpayer expense at county-run hospitals in Los Angeles are born to illegal alien mothers?

Portion of the bill he sponsored...

“TITLE X—CITIZENSHIP 4 SEC. 1001. BASIS OF CITIZENSHIP CLARIFIED. In the exercise of its powers under section of the Fourteenth Article of Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, the Congress has determined and hereby declares that any person born after the date of enactment of this title to a mother who is neither a citizen of the United States nor admitted to the United States as a lawful permanent resident, and which person is a national or citizen of another country of which either of his or her natural parents is a national or citizen, or is entitled upon application to become a national or citizen of such country, shall be considered as born subject to the jurisdiction of that foreign country and not subject to the jurisdiction of the United States within the meaning of section 1 of such Article and shall therefore not be a citizen of the United States or of any State solely by reason of physical presence within the United States at the moment of birth.”

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"

All he needs to do is declare people with both parents "not born or naturalized" are no longer "subject to the jurisdiction".

Therefor they are not Citizens until Naturalized.

💥😃💥

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

If I was a single pregnant woman I'd make my way through Bill Gate's gate to give birth on the lawn of my new residence.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof"

All he needs to do is declare people with both parents "not born or naturalized" are no longer "subject to the jurisdiction".

💥😃💥

Which he can most certainly do with an Executive Order clarifying his cabinet's position on the 14th Amendment.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Anathros

He is not messing with it. He is saying it's being misinterpreted to the detriment of America and this is the correct interpretation. No change whatsoever.

Thanks for clearing that up. I mean that so don't take what I ask next as being anything but an honest question. If the 14th Amendment states that anyone born in the United States is automatically deemed a citizen of the USA and Trump changes that for the children of illegal immigrants..there is a definite change there, right?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

💥😃💥

Which he can most certainly do with an Executive Order clarifying his cabinet's position on the 14th Amendment.

I don't think trump can dismantle the Constitution with an executive order. This will need to go before the SCOTUS for any action to be taken.

How long do you think it will take to repeal the 14th?

turmp just pandering to his base....
edit on 30-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: SaturnFX

for my 2 cents though, If you are born in the US, then other countries don't have jurisdiction over you...the US does.

You can withdraw your 2 cents
A child born in the US belongs to whatever country the parents do
Illegal parents = illegal child

But , you knew that , right ?

Ahh, see I was discussing the US as in the United States.
Wherever you are from, thats how it may work, but here we got a constitution and a 14th amendment that specifically states people born here = citizens....there is some wiggle room when you are born at a embassy or other areas that other countries hold...bases and such, but overall, if its in the american juristiction, then thats where you are at.

I'll leave my 2 cents right where it is.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Anathros

It does not state that though.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

If being born in the US automatically made you subject to the jurisdiction why include the word and?

In your scenario how can you be born in the US and NOT subject to the jurisdiction thereof?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   

If you are a Chinese citizen in the US China has jurisdiction over you. That's why we extradite.

True story. My buddy had a brother born in France. France tried to force him to go back to France from America because they said he was a French citizen and needed to join the draft. They were exercising jurisdiction over him while he was living in America. The only thing that saved him was he was a US citizen and the US said his dual citizenship protected him.

Now if you apply and are granted asylum that changes things. Simply crossing the border does not.

Yes. he was a citizen of france...so he had to deal with that
but if he had a kid..the kid wouldn't be held by the frenchies for anything unless they went through the process to get him/her citizenship

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He isn't touching the Constitution so enough with the hyperbole. I agree it needs to go before the courts.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
There is no clause, there is only neoconservative xenophobia and sadness

Yes my NON CITIZEN first generation immigrant wife and sister in law (who is liberal) are xenophobic and neoconservative.

This is why no one can take your side seriously.

Just to pre-empt your next ism .. they aren't white either.

What side is that?
Oh...right...the side of the constitution.

Doesn't matter if you take it seriously, thats your right...but your rights end where mine begin

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   

No, he was a US citizen. He had never exerted or claimed French citizenship even.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Cheers also

So thing is, Its fine to try and ratify an amendment..thats the process.
You cannot however by executive order nullify part of the constitution...thats not how it works.

My opinion on it I haven't stated. I am simply stating that this is not a legal thing. Trump cannot make an executive order to remove the 14th amendment in the same way he couldn't make an executive order to remove the 2nd or 1st amendment...its a long process that requires a majority of all branches of government, then 2/3rds of the states to pass
edit on 30-10-2018 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Sorry Constitution is not under attack.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Sorry Constitution is not under attack.

Agreed
But the fool is trying his hardest anyhow...to the mocking laughter of both sides of the aisle for his desired monarchy ways

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   

All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof

If being born in the US automatically made you subject to the jurisdiction why include the word and?

In your scenario how can you be born in the US and NOT subject to the jurisdiction thereof?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

💥😃💥

I don't think trump can dismantle the Constitution with an executive order. This will need to go before the SCOTUS for any action to be taken.

How long do you think it will take to repeal the 14th?

turmp just pandering to his base....

I don't think you are thinking.

He doesn't need to dismantle anything... he just needs to clarify his cabinet's position on the wording of said Amendment.

Oh, don't worry... it will go to the Supreme Court.

Where it will get a 5/4 decision for him.

No wonder you people hate Kavanaugh.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Okay, I got it now. I was under the impression that there would be changes made so thanks for setting me straight. Sometimes I need it drawn out in crayon but eventually it settles in. I'm no longer on the fence then. I think it's a long overdue solution to a problem that's been widely ignored. Hard to argue against a real "America First" policy that would only benefit our nation.

link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Because it was written for Natives who were of Native American Jurisdiction within the United States, not for illegals.

Approximately 1/64th to 1/1024 of Elizabeth Warren's Spanish American blood is subject to the jurisdiction of the Cherokee Nation *fact*
edit on 10/30/2018 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: amazing

My wife is a non citizen immigrant. I haven't told her about this. Her and her sister are talking about this. Her sister came here illegally.

Her sister lives in Cali, we live in SC. They are both praising Trump big time for this. My wife literally just asked me if I had heard about this and how awesome it was.

Neither of them are citizens.

You should never have posted that on a public forum. ICE....is cold amigo and they don't care about your politics or support for trump. The laws the law.
edit on 30-10-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join