It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three children killed when struck at Fulton County, Indiana bus stop

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This tragedy struck near my home this morning. The community is besides themselves and I cannot imagine how parents can cope with something like this. I just don't even know what to say.

www.newsnowwarsaw.com...

Indiana State Police confirm three children have been struck and killed while boarding a bus on S.R. 25 at C.R. 400 North at 7:30 a.m. near Rochester.

The three children who died are from the same family. They have been identified as 6-year-old twin boys Xzavier Ingle and Mason Ingle and their 9-year-old sister, Alivia Stahl.

A fourth child who is 11 years old was seriously injured and has been airlifted to a hospital in Fort Wayne. He’s conscious and is not related to the other children who were hit.

State Police say there were at least three kids on the bus at the time of the crash. The bus had the stop arm down at the time, but the pickup truck who hit the four children failed to stop. The driver has been identified 24-year-old Alyssa Shepherd.

The incident happened within the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation district, which serves both Fulton and Kosciusko Counties.

Tippecanoe Valley officials have released the following statement:

Our school corporation has suffered a tragedy this morning. We have learned of three student fatalities and one student seriously injured and airlifted to a Fort Wayne hospital as they were hit by a vehicle while boarding their bus. We have deployed all school counselors to meet the emotional needs of our staff, students and parents. We are awaiting to learn more confirmed details but wish to ask the community to come together to pray for the families, our students and our staff.

The road is expected to be closed for 2-4 hours while police reconstruct and investigate the scene.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
This tragedy struck near my home this morning. The community is besides themselves and I cannot imagine how parents can cope with something like this. I just don't even know what to say.

www.newsnowwarsaw.com...

Indiana State Police confirm three children have been struck and killed while boarding a bus on S.R. 25 at C.R. 400 North at 7:30 a.m. near Rochester.

The three children who died are from the same family. They have been identified as 6-year-old twin boys Xzavier Ingle and Mason Ingle and their 9-year-old sister, Alivia Stahl.

A fourth child who is 11 years old was seriously injured and has been airlifted to a hospital in Fort Wayne. He’s conscious and is not related to the other children who were hit.

State Police say there were at least three kids on the bus at the time of the crash. The bus had the stop arm down at the time, but the pickup truck who hit the four children failed to stop. The driver has been identified 24-year-old Alyssa Shepherd.

The incident happened within the Tippecanoe Valley School Corporation district, which serves both Fulton and Kosciusko Counties.

Tippecanoe Valley officials have released the following statement:

Our school corporation has suffered a tragedy this morning. We have learned of three student fatalities and one student seriously injured and airlifted to a Fort Wayne hospital as they were hit by a vehicle while boarding their bus. We have deployed all school counselors to meet the emotional needs of our staff, students and parents. We are awaiting to learn more confirmed details but wish to ask the community to come together to pray for the families, our students and our staff.

The road is expected to be closed for 2-4 hours while police reconstruct and investigate the scene.

Ugh...I read about this earlier. To have the 3 that died being from the same family makes it that much worse. What a tragedy.

I wonder why the truck didnt stop. Texting or something I'd guess, but haven't seen any reports on why yet.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb has issued a statement with his condolences regarding this morning's fatal bus crash in Fulton County:

"Words cannot express the depth of sorrow Janet and I feel, which only pales in comparison to what family, friends, teachers, classmates and community are feeling right now. Today, and for many more to come, we mourn their loss. I ask Hoosiers around the state to join us by sending your deepest prayers for the strength needed to endure such a time."

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

wow this is just terrible...reminded me of the crash of the humvi limousine that crashed killing all... killing 4 siblings (sisters) and all 4 of their husbands I can fathom how any family deals with losing muliple chidren

(((((hugs) and posting this for you and you can pass it on if you want marconi union their music called weightless was proven in the lab to reduce stress by 68 per cent www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-10-2018 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The very first thing I thought of was texting while driving. It is just getting so bad.

Where I live, it is all drunk drivers and texters, and sometimes drunk texters.
One day on the way to work I actually saw a guy on the highway reading his kindle.

I cannot even imagine those kids poor parents, terrible

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Its Halloween
Two twins aged 6
and one girl aged 9 (flip the 9).
that's
2x6 and 1x6 666

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Vasa Croe

The very first thing I thought of was texting while driving. It is just getting so bad.

Where I live, it is all drunk drivers and texters, and sometimes drunk texters.
One day on the way to work I actually saw a guy on the highway reading his kindle.

I cannot even imagine those kids poor parents, terrible

The reason I read the story is because I live in Fulton County, but in GA. I originally thought it was here when I saw the headline.

We actually just had a law passed that you cant even have your phone in your lap and have to use a bluetooth speaker for calls. Basically you are not allowed to even touch your phone. Originally I thought it was way overboard, but after following the law since it was passed, I have found it makes driving much more pleasant.

My LEO buddies have said it is unbelievable how many tickets they give out for it every day. They have really enforced it and I am actually pretty happy about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This story is heartbreaking. How does a family get through this kind of loss! I pray they have a strong support circle to help them cope with this tragedy.

If the young lady was texting and driving, she will have to live with this on her conscience for the rest of her life. In a split second, your entire life is upended.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
The road by our house that the bus stops on is populated by jerks who always drive way too fast and there are no sidewalks or curbs.

I live in fear that someone will lose control and something like this will happen.

I cannot imagine losing three like this.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A friend of my brother has a daughter who crashed one car because she was texting.
She wasn't hurt and was told that she would end up hurting someone if kept on doing it.
Well, she did it again, crossed the center line and hit a young newlywed couple head on and killed both of them. She was not seriously injured and has to live with it....damn shame

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Such heartbreaking news. Such a tragedy would be too much to bear, I can't even fathom it. Thoughts and prayers for the family.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Did she have to do any jail time?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: JHumm

Did she have to do any jail time?

I have to check with my brother, I never heard what happened after her court date. I certainly hope she did.
I imagine that she punishes herself every day but that just isn't enough for taking lives by being dumb.
edit on 300600000010 by JHumm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Update on this tragic story:

Driver who killed 3 children at Indiana bus stop says she didn't see bus until it was too late

It doesn't appear that texting was the reason. Multiple things went wrong.

top topics

join