It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Glaciers - and a few other things that make me sad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Part of me feels like how could humans be so selfish and just use up and destroy everything that was given to us, rather than take care of and nourish it. The other part of me feels like humans are just a small little speck in the big picture and we'll be gone long before this planet dies. Another part of me feels like humans are a disgusting virus and should be purged as soon as possible before more wildlife and more of the environment suffer, and another part of me feels like we're just going way to fast down that slope to even turn things around. I think God should just end it now... just blow it out like a candle. I certainly don't want to keep seeing the demise of our planet, our animals, our morals... Anyway, here are a few things that just make me sad:

Canadian Glaciers

Mountain Bird Extinction

Cape Cod Tornado - really?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl

It's a forgone conclusion at this point. Game over stsge.

Not much you can do but strap in.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Come on...
Do you really believe this is the first time in Earth's loooooooong history that Glaciers have melted and reformed? Have you not seen the cities below the worlds oceans?

The glaciers must have been huge.. and the Earth cold.. its freezing here in Spring in the mornings and evenings... where is the global warming crap I've been force fed since it became the "in thing"?

Droughts and Floods are weather... they aren't climate change. They come in cycles. We haven't been around long enough to record enough accurate data as to what is "normal" But I look to the Sun.. it is what creates and takes life.

I see a cash crab for scientists and a screeching platform for bleeding heart, fact denying environmentals. Who don't seem to understand that the human race MUST impact the Earth to exist or die out. We are not parasites.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
When I was a kid my dad took me camping to a few places he'd.been able to see glaciers as a kid, by the time he took me they weren't there any more they'd receded far enough you couldn't access them from where we were. I also got to go see the glacier at Garibaldi a few years back. Seen some pictures from the 50's and 60's after it looked totally different. In the pictures it was huge it basically was the entire mountain side across the lake. It went right down to the shore. When I seen it, it was maybe a quarter of the size it ended near the top of the slope on the other side and just almost didn't look like the same place as the pictures.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The human race reminds me of a junkie that leaves nothing but misery, filth and despair wherever it goes. It fowls the very house it lives in, steals from family and all the while lives in denial.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

The human race reminds me of a junkie that leaves nothing but misery, filth and despair wherever it goes. It fowls the very house it lives in, steals from family and all the while lives in denial.

Exactly this.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Strap in for the ride, exactly!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MorningStarsLight

Whatever man... I didn't put this here for a debate or to argue.
Simply stated - it makes me sad.
I don't give a (insert word of choice here) what anyone else thinks about it. It was a statement on how I feel, not a question. Say whatever you want about it... my response will be to just tell yourself whatever you must to help you sleep at night.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   

where is the global warming crap I've been force fed since it became the "in thing"?

Global warming is a global occurrence not a local one. So in your neck of the woods, it might even become cooler, not warmer. But on average the earth is heating up.

Also, yes in the past there was much more ice and also much less. The difference between then and now is the climate changed over thousands of years allowing time for life to adapt. Now it is happening over the course of decades which has and will continue to cause extreme weather patterns.

You know, people said the exact same things about the ozone hole too. It was real as well.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Heres a few more things that make me sad, and sick.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Not sure if I posted the videos properly, I'm not very technical. I will say that things like this make me feel like maybe some of our species doesn't deserve to be here.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: SituationNAFU

Wait... before I look, what are those video's of?

top topics

join