It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Targeting Birthright Citizenship With Executive Order

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: jtrenthacker

Trump is wrong here.

It states rather simply in the 14th amendment. . .

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

-Wiki

Sorry Donny, but you'll lose this fight.

Maybe its time to explore the legal process to update the Amendment.

link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Arnie123

You do not have to love and respect the country to be a citizen. Give me a break.
Who cares, that's what I what. Patiotism still exist, I'm a nationalist so I'm all for love and respect of MY country.

Tough cookies, nobody cares about when you want if it's a "by any means" circumvention to achieve it.

I say again -- there exists a process for amending. EOs are not it. THAT should make any "patriot's" blood run more than a little cold to ponder in place of that process.
Tell that to barry 😏

Oh and I care what I want, because, I GOT WHAT I WANT 😌

MY POTUS, Repubs in power, you got nothing, keep grasping yo.

Ah, I see. The Constitution then ultimately means nothing to you and your rights at the end of the day, it's just something to control others with, when it suits you. Never mind the legitimate process, let's go balls to the wall and let the amendments be applied and retracted at the whim of any given president's itchy EO finger, actual legitimate process be damned.

Some patriot you are.
Really? It means nothing to leftist, but suddenly it matter whens conservatives talk about it? Lol, give me a break Nyiah, you hold water for leftist and expect us to drink from it, keep your koolaid to yourself.

Libertarian, actually. You'll have a harder time finding a Libertarian that supports changing the Constitution through single-man EOs than you will a Republican.

Tread carefully. Your authoritarian slant is showing.
Sure, like everybody else 🤐 , psst, you're spilling water 😌

link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Agreed.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You do not have to love and respect the country to be a citizen. Give me a break.
Who cares, that's what I what. Patiotism still exist, I'm a nationalist so I'm all for love and respect of MY country.

Tough cookies, nobody cares about when you want if it's a "by any means" circumvention to achieve it.

I say again -- there exists a process for amending. EOs are not it. THAT should make any "patriot's" blood run more than a little cold to ponder in place of that process.
Tell that to barry 😏

Ah, I see. The Constitution then ultimately means nothing to you and your rights at the end of the day, it's just something to control others with, when it suits you. Never mind the legitimate process, let's go balls to the wall and let the amendments be applied and retracted at the whim of any given president's itchy EO finger, actual legitimate process be damned.

Some patriot you are.
Really? It means nothing to leftist, but suddenly it matter whens conservatives talk about it? Lol, give me a break Nyiah, you hold water for leftist and expect us to drink from it, keep your koolaid to yourself.

Libertarian, actually. You'll have a harder time finding a Libertarian that supports changing the Constitution through single-man EOs than you will a Republican.

My, my. Aren't we sour over getting caught being the farthest thing from Republican today?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Why does every other ammendment to the constitution have restrictions but this one cant be touched?

I have all kinds of regulations dealing with my speech and right to bare arms.

How would you feel if ole Indian Warren changed the game on the right to bear arms via executive order?

Would you be cool with it?
Lmfao 🤣

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Why does every other ammendment to the constitution have restrictions but this one cant be touched?

How would you feel if ole Indian Warren changed the game on the right to bear arms via executive order?

You do know that the supreme court is in place for this exact reason right?
They rule on constitutional law.

Trump can sign whatever he want, that doesn't make a law.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Tell that to barry 😏

Some patriot you are.

My, my. Aren't we sour over getting caught being the farthest thing from Republican today?
Oh, salty are we? I stated what I wanted and also what I WANT which I recieved 😌

Don't throw your ill lifes choices at me because you can't get what you want. Caught? Far from or close enough, who cares? Lol
edit on 30-10-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Trump, your xenophobia is getting the best of you. He didn't seem to mind them when they were working 15 hours a day to build Trump Towers, and even then they had to sue him to get paid.

He's a one man freak-show. I wonder if his boot licking congress would even stand up to this unconstitutional crazy BS?

This is the perfect example of 'slippery slope". Who else does he not like?

Let's see who he does like.

White people. check.
Rich people. check.
Hookers. Check.
Boot lickers. Check.

Did I leave anybody out? I think that's about it.
edit on 10/30/2018 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

But I asked you how you would feel if he attempted to change it that way.

Unlike many here I am not a constitutional scholar. I know # about the specific process.
I suspect it's the same for many who claim they do

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You people don't seem to notice that he is counting on having the executive order challenged so the supreme court can fix this issue once and for all.

And you ask why people say that libs can only play checkers.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Arnie I have long suspected what you are about but you have confirmed it.

Thanks for that

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Tell that to barry 😏

Some patriot you are.

Oh, salty are we? I stated what I wanted and also what I WANT which I recieved 😌

Don't throw your ill lifes choices at me because you can't get what you want. Caught? Far from or close enough, who cares? Lol

Let's be clear here.

You do not care if an EO is the origin point of a Constitutional Amendment addition, alteration or retraction. The established process of legally changing the Constitution doesn't mean anything to you, you would rather it be in the hands of ONE person. ONE.

That is not how Democracies, or Republics work. GTFO here.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You do know that the supreme court is in place for this exact reason right?
They rule on constitutional law.

Trump can sign whatever he want, that doesn't make a law.
It's so hilarious because an Convo about Trump suggesting something and Leftist and their ilk loose their mind as if what he says is absolute rule and law.

I'm especially loving the triggered replies be even the senior of members and its all emotional responses, like walking on strawberry cake.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

But I asked you how you would feel if he attempted to change it that way.

Unlike many here I am not a constitutional scholar. I know # about the specific process.
I suspect it's the same for many who claim they do

I would not like the attempt.
But I know that it would not be enforceable.

If this is a violation of the constitution, it will not go anywhere.

link   

Tell that to barry 😏

Some patriot you are.

Let's be clear here.

You do not care if an EO is the origin point of a Constitutional Amendment addition, alteration or retraction. The established process of legally changing the Constitution doesn't mean anything to you, you would rather it be in the hands of ONE person. ONE.

Cool story, if it pisses you off, Awesome.

link   
There is no arguement at all to support an EO altering the constitution.

Any real conservative knows this.

The next altering by a liberal president will be the 2nd

Think folks.

A problem in society does not mean executive power a can alter the constitution.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

but not answering the question...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Tell that to barry 😏

Some patriot you are.

Let's be clear here.

Cool story, if it pisses you off, Awesome.

One final question, because the answer will be telling either way.

Should the Constitution even exist as a document, period?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Trump wants "U.S. Citizen" to actually mean something. When I was a cop were were instructed never to use the term. Using it would elevate some over others, when anyone here enjoys all the rights whether citizen or no. We weren't supposed to say resident either, because that implied that locals were more important than the homeless population. It was "individual."

I'd like to get rid of birthright citizenship altogether. The only automatic citizenship would be for honorably discharged veterans. I'd require a citizenship test and a clear criminal record. I'd restrict the 2nd Amendment to citizens only, same with jury duty and voting.

I'd also go with an English Only law, modeled after Mexico's official language rules. If you're going to live here, you need to speak enough of the language to talk to emergency responders.

Citizenship doesn't mean anything in the eyes of the lawyers. I'd fix that.

see, it could always be worse than Trump

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I'm all for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join