It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Targeting Birthright Citizenship With Executive Order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: jtrenthacker

A little shy on details so where is your information coming from?

+3 more 
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

He said people born here. That means you and me probably. Me for sure. I don't know where you were born.

From the source, since you can't manage to read anything and just spew nonsense nonstop on this site.

President Trump plans to sign an executive order that would remove the right to citizenship for babies of non-citizens and unauthorized immigrants born on U.S. soil, he said yesterday in an exclusive interview for "Axios on HBO," a new four-part documentary news series debuting on HBO this Sunday at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT.

link   
Y'all are distracted over this one, you're missing the behemoth of a Pink Elephant in the room. The problem isn't getting rid of that particular amendment, it's HOW he wants to go about it. With an Executive Order.

I don't think so, Bucko.

There's a specific process for altering the Constitution for a damned reason. Follow it, and it's within the realm of reason to change it. Circumvent that entire process with an EO, and make it so only ONE person can dictate the contents of the Constitution on a whim, and you're about to become Public Enemy #1. This is not a dictatorship, but changing the Constitution whenever you please with no input or procedures in between is a surefire way to get there.

link   

Well not quite since he tried to and still does claim that Barack Obama was not a citizen even though his mother was an American.

Came in here to say this.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
this is just him speaking to his base, saying what they want to hear.
I really don't think that he has the power to change a constitutional amendment with an executive order. and, anyone who supports the idea that he can shouldn't have been griping so much when our past presidents decided that those executive orders were such a great idea when they wanted to bypass laws, since this one would be by passing our constitution!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
So trump plans to end the controversial ‘anchor baby’ program....

The anchor baby law, is a loop hole law. Trump should close the loop hole. It wasn’t designed for criminals to illegally enter this country, so their kids can keep the criminals in the country. It’s like paying welfare recipients raises for more children

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

I didn't disagree with anything. Feel free to read, comprehend, then respond.

And so I did. And this is what I was responding to

That's assuming this is true considering Axios is the sourceused.

Really dude?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Let's see how many of his supporters care about the constitution now.

This should be good

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:21 AM
link   
To hell with the constitution, so long as he doesn't mess with the 2nd, amirite?

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I have never understood what the geographic location of a womans vagina had to do with citizenship.
Anchor babies should not be a thing.

link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

So what will it take to be a citizen then? Are we at our quota? Because if its not people born here then who are our future citizens? And are you guys ready yet to admit hes a moron?

I think he's going for people that actually love and respect our country. Personally, I'm tired of allowing people to come into our country just to use up our tax money and burn our flags. I'm sure we can find better people.

Oh I agree.

link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

Trump should realize he cannot simply change the constitution when ever and where ever he feels like. He will go after the first amendment after this. Because he's a cry baby who cannot face the truth about himself and he wants the media to polish his reputation for him and adore and praise him. So if he has his way the press will be banned from publishing anything negative about him. Achieved by executive order.
Can we all just face palm now?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

You do not have to love and respect the country to be a citizen. Give me a break.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump is wrong here.

It states rather simply in the 14th amendment. . .

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside.

-Wiki

Sorry Donny, but you'll lose this fight.

Naw, we can make admendments.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

You do not have to love and respect the country to be a citizen. Give me a break.
Who cares, that's what I what. Patiotism still exist, I'm a nationalist so I'm all for love and respect of MY country.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

So what will it take to be a citizen then? Are we at our quota? Because if its not people born here then who are our future citizens? And are you guys ready yet to admit hes a moron?
you have got be unencumbered by the thought process

Dang dude, really now have you lost all the good sense God gave ya......

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Tell that to the leftist looking to rip the First and Second from us, trust in that everyone wants a crack at admends.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Dbl post.
edit on 30-10-2018 by Arnie123 because: Heh

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Who cares, that's what I what. Patiotism still exist, I'm a nationalist so I'm all for love and respect of MY country.

Tough cookies, nobody cares about when you want if it's a "by any means" circumvention to achieve it.

I say again -- there exists a process for amending. EOs are not it. THAT should make any "patriot's" blood run more than a little cold to ponder in place of that process.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This right here. Anyone that supports a move like this better not complain if a future President chooses to use an EO to limit the 2nd Amendment.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join