It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Wonders of Creation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Felt like sharing a topic on a beautiful array of subjects found within science that teach us about the wonderful qualities of the Creator.

Didn't feel like posting this in the Origins/Creationism, this is not a topic trying to debate whether or not there is a Grand Designer, but to discern his wisdom from the grand design of nature.

Nor did I post it in the religious section, as this really isn't a religious discussion. It can be religious in nature of course, as is the discussion of evolution. But this is a topic to talk about the science and beauty in creation; to study a few things in nature and learn a little of God's tremendous wisdom and love as revealed in it.

Perhaps some will find the information thought-provoking. For some, a better appreciation and stronger faith in the loving God from whom all things are.

Patterns

The first video deals with the patterns within nature. From the fractal patterns in small snowflakes, to the spiral arms of a galaxy, to the spiral in a sunflower.

The angle in the sunflower which is approximately 137.5 degrees is also known as the "golden angle" which creates these spiral patterns, which are extremely effcient.

Within the golden number is a series of numbers known as the "Fibonacci sequence". Each number is given by adding the 2 previous numbers together. This number is found everywhere in nature, including in many plants.

As the numbers in the Fibonacci sequence progress the relationship between the two numbers come closer and closer to the golden angle. These patterns are not accidental, but reflect order and careful design.

See Video: Patterns

Water

Water is needed for life. How is water able to reach the tops of the highest trees? What properties does it have that allow it to do so? Water is a polar molecule. (with - and a + charge), these create polar bonds with other polar molecules. Adhesion, and cohesion are at work as these bonds pull water up. As water evaporates through the leaves into the air, this in turn pulls water up from the ground through these bonds that are at work throughout the entire plant world.

It is a solution and chemical reactant needed for our body, even for the correction function of the creation of proteins during their folding processes.

See Video: Water

Light and Color

Are humans the only ones that display art?

The world around us is filled with beautiful displays of art. The colors we get in nature comes from light, which appears white, and can be separated in all the colors of the visible spectrum. Each color corresponding to a different wavelength. Most objects contain chemical substances called pigments that absorb certain wavelengths and reflect others. The wavelengths that reach the eye give us the wonderful array of colors we can see.

Some of the most dazzling displays of color from the natural world are iridescent colors. These luminous colors seem to change at different angles. In most cases it is not caused by pigments but precise structural patterns in the surface of an object. To give an example the wings of Morpho butterflies are covered in tiny semitransparent scales. On each scale we find layers of microscopic evenly spaced ridges, which in turn have smaller ridges on their sides. The distance between these tiny ridges is smaller than a wavelength of light. They break up the light waves and create an interference pattern, resulting in some colors being canceled out and others being intensified.

Light and Color

The Design of Life

Just as a set of blueprints created for the construction of a house must take all things into account, from tiny individual details, to the overall function of everything together, so the blueprint of life has been masterfully created to both take into account the organism being made, how it will instinctively react to nature and to others around it. All of this design is found in the DNA of a living thing.

One such relationship designed in the DNA of different living things to cooperate together can be found between plants and fungus. Since fungus cannot create their own food, certain ones infect plants to get carbohydrates from their hosts. But instead of being harmful the fungus actually helps the plant. Giving it a greater surface area to absorb minerals and water which are shared with the plant. Also the fungi can reach into parts of the soil that are inaccessible by the roots of the plant. With such assistance the plant can grow faster, get better nutrition, and better tolerate extreme conditions. Virtually all plants benefit from these relationships.

Life is not just a random collection of individual creations, rather a masterfully orchestrated masterpiece of design. Each living thing plays its part in perfect harmony with those around it. Joining together in the magnificent symposium of life. To learn more about creation is to gaze in wonder at the design and engineering far superior than humankind's. It is to catch a glimpse of the mind of the master designer, Jehovah God:

“You are worthy, Jehovah our God, to receive the glory and the honor...because you created all things."

See Video: The Design of Life

edit on 29-10-2018 by aniceday because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: aniceday

Creator. Didn't feel like posting this in the Origins/Creationism, this is not a topic trying to debate whether or not there is a Grand Designer, but to discern his wisdom from the grand design of nature.

And yet you ......

“You are worthy, Jehovah our God, to receive the glory and the honor...because you created all things." Revelation 4:11

Maybe use a normal bible, and I might be bothered to look past your bias; You're obviously a JW.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   

There is no creator, just immutable rules that govern all interactions. From simplicity arises complexity.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

So you obviously don't create anything?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

You may find my recent Thread about the online Study Bible insightful. Especially when it comes to the use of God's name.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: aniceday

You may find my recent Thread about the online Study Bible insightful. Especially when it comes to the use of God's name.
We have a little corner for you to put all of your god talk into. It doesn’t belong in the science forums. As we all know. Including yourself. That’s why you basically put a disclaimer in your Op i’m guessing.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Thus was my comment brief to the poster that was off topic. Everything in the OP is scientific. You will especially enjoy the videos, as -although they are brief- they go into much more detail about the topics.

Science is not just for people who do not believe in God, as these videos and the OP will clearly demonstrate to you.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Thus was my comment brief to the poster that was off topic. Everything in the OP is scientific. You will especially enjoy the videos, as -although they are brief- they go into much more detail about the topics.

Science is not just for people who do not believe in God, as these videos and the OP will clearly demonstrate to you.
unless you have proof that god has anything to do with the things in your OP, then this is just you trying to pass off your personal beliefs as science.

Which is the main reason we have a place for you to talk about your religion over in the well labeled religion forums. It’s a nice safe place where you can all argue amongst yourselves about which mythical being is your favorite, and what are the best ways of appeasing it, and how you can avoid pissing it off.

This forum is for talking about science. Topics here are expected to be presented with sources and claims will be asked for evidence to back them up. Your religious beliefs can’t handle the scrutiny. That is why there is one tiny little forum where nobody can ask you to prove your claims, and you can make up any kind of world you want, and it will be ok.

You can talk about how to cut off forskins, how badly you can beat your slaves, whether you allow your women to wear pants or if they need a full on burkha, wear to smear the lambs blood to avoid the creeping death, whether donkeys and snakes can talk, what kind of hell you want everybody to go to when they die, whether jesus is one person or three or even a god or not ......... but you shouldn’t do that here.
edit on 29-10-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

How about a few videos with God's plan regarding oil polution, deforestation, plastic contamination.

The Natural world is a beautiful place, are you changing it? I know I am.

[www.youtube.com...]
edit on 29-10-2018 by sunkuong because: grammar

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

How about a few videos with God's plan regarding oil polution, deforestation, plastic contamination.

[www.youtube.com...]

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... get it out with Optrex!

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

[www.youtube.com...]

Obviously mankind has not taken care of this precious home that is ours. It is a good point. Since you requested one, I will share it. This is for you:

The Purpose of our Home the Earth

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

We have a little corner for you to put all of your god talk into. It doesn’t belong in the science forums. As we all know. Including yourself. That’s why you basically put a disclaimer in your Op i’m guessing.

So you are the god of what is and isn't science woodie
I doubt that
Run along and play at being the all knowing somewhere else

The bible and creation show Gods signature and there is a distinct and clear amount of creation science in His creation
Unfortunately you are not going to make others believe or see

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

I maintain evolution is a religios belief so by your logic everything about evolution should be in the religios forum

I agree woodie

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: hombero

There is no creator, just immutable rules that govern all interactions. From simplicity arises complexity.

I seem to think of it as the other way. From chaos comes order.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Why would I bother with anything from the JW cult?

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Maybe use a normal bible, and I might be bothered to look past your bias; You're obviously a JW.

Hey, how about this one?

11 Thou art worthy, O LORD( Jehovah Rev 14:7; Gen 2:3; Rev 19:10; Psa 95:6; Jhn 20:17 ) , to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

dnkjb.net...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

God must be an oil man from Texas, or Riyadh

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Raggedyman lets rip and takes all on.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Didn't feel like posting this in the Origins/Creationism, this is not a topic trying to debate whether or not there is a Grand Designer, but to discern his wisdom from the grand design of nature.

Is it my imagination or is there a contradiction in that statement? You don't want to debate a "Grand Designer", but you want to discern "his wisdom". How does that work?

You really need to bring this over to the "other" board. We'll get you straightened out over there.

P.S. How do you know it's a "he" rather than a "she"??

edit on 2-11-2018 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join