It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion Air 737 Max 8 fatal crash

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: sy.gunson

Reading is hard aint it.

@Zaph not worth you time buddy, keep up the good fight.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Since you apparently can't be bothered to read, this is what was being talked about.

Few details were released, but the ministry said it had looked over half a dozen jets so far and discovered that one had a problem linked to its cockpit display while another had a glitch in a jet stabilisation system. Both Lion-owned planes required new components, it said. Aviation analyst Dudi Sudibyo said the cockpit display issue could include a speed-and-altitude glitch reported in the doomed jet.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

NOT the aircraft that crashed.

Maybe you should actually take five seconds to scroll up instead of going straight for the insults. But that would require effort, wouldn't it.
edit on 11/3/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The FDR has been downloaded. They've lost the signal from the CVR, but have an area that they're focusing on based on the signals heard before they lost them. A recovery diver died on Friday, it's believed from decompression related issues, but the family refused an autopsy.

www.khaleejtimes.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: solidshot

It could also just be a bad display. It's a leap to go from "there's a cockpit display issue" to "it had the same issues".

Not a leap at all. If you were in charge of the NTSB they would still be trying to solve the crash of the Wright Flyer.

All investigations follow a chain of logic. When you've grown up a little, get someone to explain that to you. When the same plane displays the same bizarre roller coaster ride as JT093, it is statistically implausible to say when the very next flight meets a tragic fate with the same behaviour that they are unrelated or that it is a leap of imagination.

edit on 4-11-2018 by sy.gunson because: swapping images

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Indonesians ignore offer of help from NTSB to read flight recorders:

The committee`s Flight Accident Investigator, Ony Soerjo Wibowo, stated at a press conference here on Friday that the FDR, one of the black boxes which recorded flight information such as speed, altitude, and reading of aircraft avionics, was analyzed by the KNKT team.

Although the KNKT had received an offer from the United States National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), as the country of origin of the Boeing aircraft manufacturing company, Wibowo stressed that Indonesia had a facility capable of extracting FDR and CVR data and information.

Like me, Indonesians are wary of the manufacturer with a clear conflict of interest investigating its own product in a mysterious crash where billions in Boeing sales are at stake.

Indonesia reads Black Boxes

posted on Nov, 4 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

I love how you ignored the post two posts above this one that proves your reading comprehension is lacking and that we are NOT talking about the accident aircraft just so you can insult me again. Do you get your kicks from that or something?

Once again....

Few details were released, but the ministry said it had looked over half a dozen jets so far and discovered that one had a problem linked to its cockpit display while another had a glitch in a jet stabilisation system. Both Lion-owned planes required new components, it said. Aviation analyst Dudi Sudibyo said the cockpit display issue could include a speed-and-altitude glitch reported in the doomed jet.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

edit on 11/4/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/4/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They're now saying the 4 previous flights had problems.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

What were the flight numbers for all the previous flights that supposedly had problems? Would be interesting to see the tracking logs for them...

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SonOfThor

Honestly don't know tbh I just saw a snippet that the FDR has been downloaded and shown problems on the previous 4 flights.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Now the questions are why did they, and why did Lion allow the aircraft to continue flying.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Surely they have to be questioning the maintenance crews as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Of course. That's a routine part of the investigation.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

3rd world disorganization/incompetence mixed with the Asian sphere's overarching desire to save face?

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   

link

That's the link I came across it is the mirrow though tbh.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

Very real possibility. Indonesia doesn't have the best record overall when it comes to safety. They had 137 safety related incidents from 2012-2017.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Investigators are working with the NTSB and Boeing to come up with an inspection for the other Max aircraft in Indonesia.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It just reminds me too much of the procedural/cultural issues that you see in India mixed with the pilot/cockpit culture issues that you saw play out with Asiana in SF.
edit on 5-11-2018 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

It does. I've heard many stories of that playing out, fortunately most of those ended well.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Investigators are working with the NTSB and Boeing to come up with an inspection for the other Max aircraft in Indonesia.

Fortunately accident investigators don't listen to your pseudo expertise

Lion Air plane had same fault on four previous flights

Soerjanto Tjahjono, chief of the NTSC, told media yesterday that “we have said there’s a technical problem but we also want to know what they were discussing in the cockpit and what they were doing. The focus is on the aircraft’s speed and altitude sensors made up of the Pitot Tube and Static Port which compare air pressure to give flight data.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Which, again, if you read the thread, was already mentioned repeatedly.

As for my comment....

The damage was revealed after data had been downloaded from the plane's flight data recorder, KNKT chief Soerjanto Tjahjono told reporters, adding that it was asking Boeing and U.S. authorities what action to take to prevent similar problems on this type of plane around the world.

"We are formulating, with NTSB and Boeing, detailed inspections regarding the airspeed indicator," he said, referring to the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board.

mobile.reuters.com...

I think I'll listen to the people actually involved before I listen to you.
edit on 11/5/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join