It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lion Air 737 Max 8 fatal crash

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Woody510

They said later they're not sure which recorder it is.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   
From the previous Bali flight Airspeed readings in conflict and Light Elevator feel leads to just one conclusion:

#1 Faulty ADIRU

#2 Faulty ADIRU commanded inappropriate FBW spoiler deployment

In this scenario every time pilots tried to climb (or even hold altitude) spoilers deployed. Because spoilers were merely obeying commands from the ADIRU no SPOILER fault warning was annunciated. Pilots eventually lost control trying to use elevators & throttle to overcome spoiler deployment

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

They recovered the FDR (Flight Data Recorder)

FDR Black Box recovery

edit on 1-11-2018 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sy.gunson
In such a case of confusion I wonder if you are better off disconnecting the ADIRU's and flying on your standby's such as ISIS? I guess the problem there though is that too few younger pilots actually know and practice real hand flying.

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

I would not dispute your observation, however there is another issue emerging that of increased sophistication and pilots often being outside the loop when an aircraft responds automatically?

LionAir JT610

If the ADIRU data was prompting spoiler action there would not have been any spoiler failure indication. All would have appeared normal - but not felt normal

Spolier cockpit warning light

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:48 AM
link   

if you go here you will get a video taken inside the plane when it falling.

www.youtube.com...

The link is on Jimstones blog

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

That video is not from this flight.

Just read the comments.

P

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

That video is not from this flight.

Just read the comments.

P

That's interesting, and discussing the veracity of the video is a good thing.

What flight is it from and why can you be certain? Many Indonesians are Muslims, should that be where your coming from.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Well unless it was being live streamed I doubt any device containing the video will have survived. Also said device will have had to have been recovered from the ocean as well.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 04:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

if you go here you will get a video taken inside the plane when it falling.

www.youtube.com...

The link is on Jimstones blog

As posted on the other conspiracy thread, that video is a fake. The original youtube video was posted on the day of the crash, has non of the post edited hysteria and just shows bad turbulence.

Cheers
Robbie

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   
The problem with pilots is they aren't engineers. One look at that panel in the context of the Lion Air crash(and I recognize it) would tell me that I need to shut off something, at the very least spoilers, because if I'm getting thrust and not getting any real forward speed gain then either my flaps and slats are down or my spoilers are deploying. Whats worse is that if you have ever sat in a 737 cockpit you can see enough of the wing to see spoilers deploying. Having personally seen the fallout from ADIRU faults in the past as well as PRIM/SEC faults in AB aircraft I would pretty quickly conclude bad data crunching and take action.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This just popped up on Twitter

Few details were released, but the ministry said it had looked over half a dozen jets so far and discovered that one had a problem linked to its cockpit display while another had a glitch in a jet stabilisation system. Both Lion-owned planes required new components, it said. Aviation analyst Dudi Sudibyo said the cockpit display issue could include a speed-and-altitude glitch reported in the doomed jet.

www.channelnewsasia.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

The paint looking out the window is wrong, and if they were going through what this plane did, they wouldn't be that calm.

posted on Nov, 2 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: solidshot

It could also just be a bad display. It's a leap to go from "there's a cockpit display issue" to "it had the same issues".

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Unconfirmed word the pilot reported a flight control problem.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I totally agree with you.
They shouldn't have to be Engineering Test Pilots with a plane load of passengers either!

The irony is that if my proposed scenario is correct then deployment of the FBW spoilers was not technically a fault therefore no fault light illuminated to alert pilots.

The real problem is that type certification should have ensured Fail Safe operation.
Incidentally the ADIRU on a B737MAX is called the DADFU

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: solidshot

Thanks i will chase the link and read more

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

This was not merely a bad cockpit display. That is a disingenous comment. A bad cockpit display does not make an aircraft uncontrollable. I am not impressed by your grasp of logic

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   

And I'm unimpressed by your reading comprehension. We weren't talking about the crashed flight, which you would have realized if you bothered to read the comment I was replying to.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

And I'm unimpressed by your reading comprehension. We weren't talking about the crashed flight, which you would have realized if you bothered to read the comment I was replying to.

Flight JT093 was same plane dummy

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join