It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Migrant Caravan - Just when you thought you heard it all.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: SKEPTEK

It's a human right so I am sure they are expecting the state to do it.

Well it did work for Bradley/Chelsea Manning, but come to think of it, that was in a military prison.

ganjoa

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

How is it that we have taken to believing that what one persons thinks or says is indicative of what everyone around them thinks or says. Ask another person in the crowd why he is there and he will say he is looking for Marsha Brady because he thinks that she is his age and God wants him to meet her.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Ask another person in the crowd why he is there and he will say he is looking for Marsha Brady because he thinks that she is his age and God wants him to meet her.

Sheesh, if they're not terrorists, fleeing felons, or trans then they're crazy---is that what you're saying, Terry?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
THE LATEST:

The Caravan is diminishing in size. 1500 staying in Mexico. 800 have returned home.

Covering 25 miles @ day, with more than 2,000 miles to go before reaching the USA.

The huge challenge ahead is starting to sink in to the caravan participants.

As of 10/28/2018 Becoming Weary: www.azcentral.com...

25 miles per day is 2.5 mph for 10 hours....right?

Imagine the amount of protein/calories the body needs in order to walk this far each day. A gung ho person might do 3-days of this and then say f#k it in their language.

The amount of food & water is astounding & these people just poop & pee were ever.

Something about all this just isn't adding up.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Thats the kitchen sink right thar!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Yeah, I see that it could be read that way Gut. No, I was joking. I had just finished watching a little comedy called Guest Book and that was the story of the week, a kid who thought that God was leading him to Marsha Brady.

But no. My point was that it is not that the reasons for joining that brigade keeps changing but rather that the group is not a singular entity. That among the crowd many people have their own dreams and hopes for coming and that any answer we might get depends upon who is being asked at whatever particular time;

As to who, or if, it is that is funding or coordinating this I cannot speak as I do not know and as I have no means on my own to investigate without depending on all of those who wish to put forth their own speculations, I do not.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: CADpro

You do not Really Believe they are All Walking here , do you ? It's a Mobilized Invasion to .

www.breitbart.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

There's a lot of persecution and no work," she said of her country. She and Rodriguez are hopeful they can make it to Dallas, where they have read about trans women like them receiving hormone treatments.

What the eff?

Coming to 'Murica where free hormones and cosmetic surgeries grow on trees!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I knew you meant well with that, I was jus' goofin' on ya'. A boy's gotta dream right? I can dig it. I see a girl every few weeks or so that I think God wants me to be with too. As a matter of fact I've told one or two something to that effect in my life. I mostly meant/believed it.

As far as the caravan, I do have compassion for goodhearted folk trying to better themselves, but A.) that's a lot of people and, B.) not all of them have pure intentions.

I think most of us agree that open borders isn't a feasible or desirable solution. Not in the present world. If that's so, where is the line drawn? It's complex assuredly.

edit on 28-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   

so different people in a diverse group - have different motives for " travelling to america " - wow - just WOW

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I think most of us agree that open borders isn't a feasible or desirable solution. Not in the present world. If that's so, where is the line drawn? It's complex assuredly.

Quite right. This whole notion that all liberals, even most liberals believe in open borders is is way over played if you ask me. I certainly do not believe in open borders.
And you are right that the real question should be where draw the line. I draw the line that we do not define where the line is by our hate or fear.

I don't have any answers to this current march. I do not rule out that it possibly an orchestrated event and I hate whoever that might be. However I do not rule out that it could be an organic search for a better life.

My hope is that most of these folks either turn around or avail themselves of the hopitality we hear has been offered by those living in Mexico. I don't want to see this escalate. I'm praying that it does not.

I don't like crowds. Seeing those pictures of all those people let's me know that I may never know what it is like to be like them because I would see all that crowd and just have to go in the other direction. It's really beyond my ability to comprehend on a personal basis

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

edit on 10/28/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I thought they were coming for job, someone said a wall was being built.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Not a clear answer on what is right and wrong to do here. If you have ever traveled abroad and seen the hardships that people experience in a third world country, you too should be torn if you are human. I would say they should overthrow their governments and put someone in power that will help to make their world better, but the world sees how that worked out in Syria. To diminish the plight of many in this caravan as criminals, intentional freeloaders and terrorist is being disingenuous.
What's worse is whoever baited these people with the prospects of a paid way to a better life I hope burns in hell for putting forth a dream for many will be dashed away as they march for a dream that we as a nation cannot afford to give.

When you criticize a person be sure you thought what its like to walk a mile in their shoes.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:17 AM
link   
I just feel sorry for anyone that put a $1 a mile on their sponsored walk forms.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:46 AM
link   

If you have ever traveled abroad and seen the hardships that people experience in a third world country

I've done more than travel abroad, i've lived abroad

To diminish the plight of many in this caravan as criminals, intentional freeloaders and terrorist is being disingenuous.

Hard to see these people as much more, as they don't want to follow laws in place, and don't want what Mexico is offering

When you criticize a person be sure you thought what it's like to walk a mile in their shoes

I've seen numerous family and friends become a citizen the legal way, and the struggle that entailed. What these people are doing is a slap in the face to every legal citizen. And pleasssse, how many really believe they are even going to attempt to do things the legal way..??

I do agree with you on this part:

What's worse is whoever baited these people with the prospects of a paid way to a better life I hope burns in hell for putting forth a dream for many will be dashed away as they march for a dream that we as a nation cannot afford to give.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Would you accept an offer of refugee status where mass graves are routinely found and politicians are routinely assassinated?

Sounds a lot like jumping out the pot and into the frying pan with Mexico.

I am an immigrant from a third world country and if there were a way to reach the USA by land I would have come here

illegally long before I made it legally if the prospects of a better life for my family was clear.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Would you be willing to take some of those illegals into your home and house and feed them until they get on their feet?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
OP have you seen the interview where One migrant caravan member admits he’s been deported and convicted of attempted murder in the U.S. – he’s planning to reenter and request a pardon for his felony?

I don't know how to link the actual video but am amazed why he would believe that he will not be deported instantly?

Source article and vid

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join