It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More guns is NOT the answer or solution.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Less hate rhetoric and positive leadership may help out more however.

Blessings to all the families who lost loved ones in the Pittsburgh, PA domestic terrorist attack of hate.

No, more guns are NOT the answer or solution to the problem with attacks such as these.

There were armed police eventually on site responding, who too were attacked and harmed.

More guns can equate to more people being armed, yes. But it also then can equate to more people being shot as the armed community attempts to respond to a active shooter or shooters frantically without having all the facts or intelligence on who the shooter or shooters are.
In essence the scenario can go really bad for now the armed public is aiming and potentially shooting at anyone who is armed. Which can turn into the public shooting the public in response to trying to respond to the active shooter.
I don't know why many who preach more guns, intelligence levels do not realize this...

Lastly to pull more perspective imagine that type thinking applied to the planet with nuclear arms.

Would more nukes REALLY make the global community safer if everyone had them

Be safe and try your best to keep LOVE in your hearts.

My deepest condolences.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Please, come to Texas in the springtime....we'll show how country boys gave a mindset that performs...judges well, and allows all to go on a hike in bear country with the grandkids not just being bait

Guns are guaranteed from the the forefathers with great forsight.....the were battling the caths....who do think was the religious persecutor in history.....

It's. A fallen world you see.....give guns a chance
edit on 28-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hate speak, has strong potential to fuel weak and hateful minded people.
Remember this.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

am immediate armed response to aggressors is beneficial, why else do we have armed guards at airports, military bases, guarding politicians, banks etc.

Soft targets are easy targets, would an armed guard on site guaranteed no fatalities no obviously not, but there is a good chance it would have caused the shooter to pick a new target.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

A case could be made that nuclear weapons have made the world a safer place. There has not been a world war since both sides have had them. Both sides fear nuclear elimination so they will just shove each other back and forth as opposed to global war.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I think people actively involved as the victims know more about what's going on than the arriving first responders. Your argument is another one of many presented with zero facts and 100% emotion.

Let me ask you, have you ever had a gun pulled on you? Bad guys don't respond to reason. FYI.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
Hate speak, has strong potential to fuel weak and hateful minded people.
Remember this.

You describe liberals so perfectly.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No one can claim to know what would have happened if people were armed. Good or bad.

In the USA everyone should have the right to be armed for self-defense wherever they are. Restriction on legal gun owners only gives those who are willing to break the law an advantage.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
More guns can equate to more people being armed, yes. But it also then can equate to more people being shot as the armed community attempts to respond to a active shooter or shooters frantically without having all the facts or intelligence on who the shooter or shooters are.
In essence the scenario can go really bad for now the armed public is aiming and potentially shooting at anyone who is armed. Which can turn into the public shooting the public in response to trying to respond to the active shooter.
I don't know why many who preach more guns, intelligence levels do not realize this...

Really? Do you have data to support this big "IF" that armed and trained citizens would be shooting everything that moves? No, you don't, that is your fear of guns surfacing. That is your projection of what YOU would do if armed, and fear everyone would act like you.

The truth is that if that were the case, every hunter in the woods would be killing each other ALL the time. As it is, that happens quite rarely considering the number of active hunters in the country every single day.

The truth is that in actual cases of armed citizens actually firing upon an armed assailant, in many of the thread I have posted here using real-world cases, there have been no incidental people shot. See, that is the difference between trained and licensed carriers of firearms and how they act and the baseless fear based rhetoric that you and others that think like you espouse. You make up false narratives to instill unfounded FEAR in others, because it reflects your own fears.

Spare us...please. If you are so afraid and do not wish to exercise a right, fine. Don't....but do not try to force others to follow your ignorant perspective (ignorant, in the sense you are uninformed and ignorant of reality).

If you and other cared so much, really cared, then you would start a real movement to repeal the 2nd Amendment. Using actual legal means that are already in place to accomplish that which you find so necessary to impose on everyone.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Really ? Please Try and Explain here the Propagandists who are Against the Idea of " Peace Through Strength " . When All Logic Fails , these Deluded People come out of the Woodwork of Public Opinion .......

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

To explain my view more....I was trained by the gov't.......before I was in the war......I was tutored in the rabbitt fields....yea i tredged and fought the wiley beasts with sharp....pointy.....oh wait.....that was monty python

Grew up seeing the boys next door hunting.....right through where we were hiking.....dude with 4.10......got three while standing there showing us his vest full of dinners.....walked home carrying a 12 gauge over our shoulders through North Irving....good gawd yall.....was never approached.

Hunters can stop the perps in a crisis, they're all about that XDM from Springfield in their back waistband....when you tuck it there in the small of your back, it balances you better and gives the posture a boost....and has no safety to slow ya down....you know, ifins you was ta need ta ....WHIP IT OUT

I hear tell they like the XDM in point 45 and have clips a foot long hold 25 but you can stuff 27 in em idk

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
So, learning to defend yourself is bad? And taking away someones ability to do so (with gun free zones) is good?

Ok, act like a lemming then. Pretend like we don't live in the modern world. Don't adapt. Go extinct. Whatever. As for me, I will recognise the dangers, become proficient in the use of lifesaving techniques, and spread this know how to my family. We will not be the statistic on the news who could only call 911 and wait for a hero to come save them.

A hero is just another human being. A cop is just another human being. There is nothing special they can do that you cannot also do, other than the legal ramifications obviously, but there is nothing illegal about defending yourself. And there is nothing illegal about sitting there and waiting to die either. The choice is yours.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Making people answerable that had nothing to do with the event in question or similar isn't a solution.

But what the eff do I know.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:53 AM
link   
more guns is not the answer, because i already have plenty of guns. more bullets is the answer
edit on 28-10-2018 by fightzone58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Here's your solution!

Rise of the machines!

Bwahahaaahahaahahahaaaa!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Less guns isn't the answer either.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If you have a gun you can defend yourself if you don't have a gun you can just sit there and wait to get shot to death.
I know which option I'm taking.
Clearly cower and die is your option

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23902955]neo96[/now the shooter doesnt need a gun. he can hack the robot and use its gun

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: fightzone58

AirgappEd!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

OK

Here are two facts: Crazies and Criminals can and will be able to get firearms. There are a few hundred million in the country currently and even if those magically teleported away overnight, they would flood into the country the same as drugs and people.

So, Fact #1 Crazies and Criminals will have access to guns. There is no dispute here. They do not care about laws or restrictions. You cannot disarm the crazies and criminals. This is Fact.

Fact #2 is if crazies and criminals can and will have firearms, I will be damned if I will not have them as well.

Fact #3 is i will fight any effort to deprive me and my fellow countrymen the right of self defense.

Any questions?

So, given that... what is YOUR solution.
edit on 28-10-2018 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join