It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope John Paul II Still Clinging to Life

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by Croat56
You do realize the eucharist is to symbolize the last supper. During the last supper Jesus took bread and said this is my body and passed it around to his disciples. He then took wine and said this is my blood. Its not his actual body.

You need to check into what is being done. I have heard it from actual mouths of catholics that the priest literally changes it into the body of Christ And have also researched myself. Yes what Christ meant as symbolism for His broken body and His blood shed for remission of sins has been perverted by the catholic church.

Only a validly ordained priest can preside at the Eucharist and consecrate the bread and wine into the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of the Lord

New American Bible, Saint Joseph Edition

John 6, 51-59 If you have a Bible you might want to look this up. After he completes the teaching, he says verse 53, "Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you."

Now, I understand you are saying this is to be taken as a "symbol"

However, In verses 60 - 61 "Then many of his disciples who were listening said, "This saying is hard; who can accept it?" Since Jesus knew that his disciples were murmuring about this, he said to them, "Does this shock you?"

Does this sound as though Jesus was setting up a "symbol". Verse 66, "As a result of this, many [of] his disciples returned to their former way of life and no longer accompanied him. "

They didn't like what Jesus was saying to them.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pbrez

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by Croat56

I researched the meaning of the Eucharist for years and I mean years. When I was Protestant I heard that Catholics where cannibals for wanting to “eat Jesus”. Yes this is preached in some of the more “way out there” churches.

Perhaps you should have a copy of the Catechism of the Catholic Church if you want to tell people what Catholics believe.

Refer to my above post for the Bible reference to the Eucharist. And the Catechism is what the Catholic Church believes and teaches. Anything else being taught as Catholic is being taught in error and is not the teaching of the Catholic Church.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Mahree are you a Traditional Catholic?

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Jawapunk,

I tend to agree with some others here, however I may feel about the mans life or beliefs he is still a brother and child of God. No better than you or I, let me tell you it this way. Would you think the same of me, after all I am under the veil of a disease of the throat , Possibly throat cancer .....I am waiting for tests to confirm it. But here is the tweaker mate, you dont know me personally, and I am quite sure you dont exactly know the Pope either after all do you set down to dinner at his table every night? So why be disrespectful , why present yourself in this way in site of those less fortunate, longevity challenged so to speak?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join