It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder US members can't cope with trans folk, you're too prudish to even say toilet lmfao

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Personally I like to have a beer and post on ATS wile on the crapper.....grrunt.

My wife calls it the internet poo.....she hates it.

a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
better than a back alley with no roof to protect from crap British weather drizzle rain!

I think Cornwall is the capital of Britain for drizzle rain. Truro being the 5th wettest "city" in the UK.

I spent 17 years in Cornwall and winters are just miserable. Just drizzle, it's like the climate never changes, just drizzle and never cold or warm. Much prefer Scottish autumn and winters were although it's slightly colder, the many more days of no cloud cover makes up for it. But then the tables get turned again come Summer, where its better to be down south. Although in Cornwall that means putting up with traffic jams, too many surfers on the beach, and too many people in general for a county with no motorway.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

I thought you fellas across the pond called it a water closet?

Lmao maybe my great gran called it that but I've never heard anyone use that old term, water closet pmsl!
I bet if I asked my 20 year old son what that was he wouldn't even have a clue.

Have a British family that lives in my neighborhood, they call it a "loo" (good people, had me over for a "full British Breakfast" one day. First time ever eating beans for breakfast, odd but good)

Work with a British guy who is here on a Visa he also calls it a "loo"

You call trucks "lorry"

You call the police "Bobby"

I'm not going to say what you call cigarettes.

You live in a glass house of weird words.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
Lol, my best mate catches up on ATS during his morning dump.
The toilet is about the only place he gets some peace in his busy house.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982
Again though, 'loo' works because it is a word specifically referring to the toilet, not a rest, or a bath.
Start your own thread about differences between US and UK words if you like I'd love to respond, but regarding this thread I'm taking the piss out of the silly words 'restroom' and 'bathroom' because the toilets in say McDonalds do not have baths or comfy chairs for a rest. The words are ridiculous lol.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

This is truly a silly argument. You’re using the word “toilet” as a strawman to conflate a weak philosophy about why we’re not particularly fond of the transgender community. As we all know, British and American English had a bit of a schism around the time when the American colonies were formed. This is why we say “trunk” and you say “boot” when referring to the storage area located behind the cabin of a car. This does not mean that is the reason why we say “soccer” instead of “football”, which would be just as silly as your argument.

We simply prefer to refer to the actual porcelain throne as the toilet and the room which contains it as the restroom — and believe you me, some people really get quite comfortable in there. I’d call that taking a rest. It’s not because we’re prudish. It’s just that we speak differently.

As far as the trans thing goes, AGP is a large reason most people are uncomfortable with grown men in dresses waving their dicks around in front of young girls. Remember the old liberal adage, “men rape.” I suppose that is, of course, unless they’re wearing a dress.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Lol at bathroom books, do you mean reading while in the bath with scented candles etc or do you mean sat on the toilet?!
I have a scattering of magazines for sat on the toilet

...in public toilets I just read the graffiti

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

.in public toilets I just read the graffiti

I have penned many a great work in the Thomas Crapper .

Some come here to sit and think
Some come here to make stink
But i came here to scratch my Bxxxs and write these letters on the walls

Shakespeare better watch out especially if i get his phone number to add to For a great time anything goes TEL xxx

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Haha you nut!

A council run public toilet I use sometimes has "Take your needles with you, you're making us smack-heads look bad" written on the inside of the cubicle door lol.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: scolai
I was taking the piss for a laugh mate, not trying to make a genuine philosophical argument, although I do think 'restroom' evolved from Puritanical shame about people knowing you are about to use the toilet lol shock horror, imagine, going to the toilet! Restroom lmfao

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: valve
The audio is too quiet for my laptop speakers, or I'm getting more deaf than I realise lol, I'll try find it on youtube with it louder, I like Southpark

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude
There is no bath in the toilets at McDonald's lol, only toilets. No comfy chairs to rest either.
EDIT
You lose lol

Um, I don't eat at death in a brown bag places, if you do, I'd say you are the one loosing. My house, has tubs in the bathrooms.

LOL.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
I have a bath in the bathroom as well, that's why it is called the bathroom.
High end market restaurants you presumably eat at do not have baths in their toilets though so calling them bathrooms is of course silly.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Gross man - why don't you have some potato crisps with that beer while you're at it.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Dont be a prude. Aint nothing wrong with dropping a deuce to ATS while sipping some Elvis Juice.
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Oh, I see...so the U.S. Must abide but how you call things?...

BTW, people do say "toilet" too. Heck for us former military and present military personnel we call it "the head," and if you think we are "prudish" you obviously have no idea of what you are talking about.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
Lol at you being the first in the thread to use your military service term for a toilet as some kind of badge of honour. I've served the UK as well, but now as a civvie I don't call it the head I call it a toilet.
Do you have comfy sofa's and baths in your public toilets? Nope didn't think so lol

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I smoke a cigarette and drink coffee while sat having my morning crap...doesn't everyone?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Yep, that's my opinion, total prudes who come out with stupid words like restroom, bathroom, or even the most childish one, go potty lol.
Are you ashamed of going to the toilet? Does it make you feel dirty and sinful taking a dump or going for a piss?
I used the toilet at McDonalds the other day, on my receipt it said "Toilet lock code 3490", on the door it said "Toilet", and guess what, there were no comfy seats there to have a rest, and not a bath in sight.
Here, I'll help you out...

Restroom

Bathroom

Toilet

Potty

You will note that a potty is a receptacle used to teach small children how to use...guess what...yes, the toilet.

You will also note that the toilet image above is typical of public toilets with cubicles which have lockable doors for privacy. If a trans male still has a vagina then he will use the cubicle in the male toilets to sit down and pee. Nobody will see and children will not be scarred for life.
If a trans female still has a penis there are no urinals on the wall so she will also use a cubicle to pee, and again nobody will see unless you are weird and peep over the door or something.

So lesson of the day complete, a toilet is something different to a bathroom or restroom, but you prudish US folk have some weird hangup about saying the word...almost as bad as when you see (shock horror) a female nipple while at the beach Lmao!
Y'all make me think of Victorian Britain.

You are so privileged with your indoor plumbing and different words for the same thing.

I'm coming to your country and bringing a few thousands friends

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join