It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive Devices Sent to Clintons, Obama and CNN

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Two explosive devices were found in mail sent to the offices of former President Barack Obama and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, a law enforcement official said Wednesday.

The devices were similar to one found on Monday at the home of the billionaire philanthropist George Soros, the official said.

Explosive Devices Found in Mail Sent to Hillary Clinton and Obama

It looks like this story is breaking as we speak. I will update as more information becomes available. I saw earlier reports of a bomb at the Clinton house too. Not sure if that was incorrect/early reporting of this event or an additional attempt.

Bombing people isn't cool. No matter what your political ties happen to be.
edit on 24-10-2018 by headorheart because: spelling

Updated:

The device addressed to Mrs. Clinton in Westchester County was found late on Tuesday by a Secret Service employee who screens mail for her office, the statement said. The package addressed to Mr. Obama was intercepted by Secret Service personnel in Washington, D.C. early on Wednesday. “The packages were immediately identified during routine mail screening procedures as potential explosive devices and were appropriately handled as such,” the statement said. “The protectees did not receive the packages nor were they at risk of receiving them.”

edit on 24-10-2018 by headorheart because: update more information on the new break

Second Update:
It appears another source has said a similar device was sent to the White House and CNN in Time Warner is being evacuated because of a suspicious package.
www.cnbc.com...
edit on 24-10-2018 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/24/2018 by semperfortis because: Corrected Headline

Third Update:
The secret service has denounced the bomb previous reported to the White House. However, another package being in investigated in Florida - Debbie Schultz's office (D).

The building that houses Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s office in Sunrise was evacuated after a suspicious package arrived in the mail, according to Sunrise police.

miami.cbslocal.com...
edit on 24-10-2018 by headorheart because: more breaks and a correction to previous info

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart
yea well, someone should have told the target that before she helped obliterate one of the most prosperous societies in Africa with bombs from the sky. She has no remorse for it, even laughing at the fact the leader of that nation was murdered with a K-bar anal raping.

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Yup just in time for the November elections … Paid and brought to you by the Democrats! LOOK some crazy Republican is trying to blow us up VOTE blue and we will save you from these crazy right wingers. Yea not going to work!

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Curious the circle of people they are being sent to. All criminals in their own right. Fits that saying, "May we live in interesting times"

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus
Curious the circle of people they are being sent to. All criminals in their own right. Fits that saying, "May we live in interesting times"

So violence aimed at the other side of the isle is OK?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

How do you divine that opinion from my observation ?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

or it is really a crazy right leaning loon trying to blow up important democratic people and we should vote blue to save these poor important demos!!

it seems that they are now reporting that cnn is evacuated the building of the cnn in bureau for the same reason?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I guess I took a leap.

But when you call them criminals (which I could agree with), it seemed on my part as a veiled justification.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

The person or persons doing this heinous deed will be caught eventually. Using violence to advance your political viewpoints is totally wrong.

Let's see how this develops and who is behind this.

The physcial attacks against political figures on both sides needs to cease immediately. It's not going to end well if it doesn't.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I guess I took a leap.

But when you call them criminals (which I could agree with), it seemed on my part as a veiled justification.
Shure, my comment could of been read between the lines. I do not like the Clintons, 0bama and definitely not Soros, and consider them active criminals, and past opinions of them were all negative, but No, it's not ok to use violence. The judicial system should have first crack at them..

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

The physcial attacks against political figures on both sides needs to cease immediately. It's not going to end well if it doesn't.

The physical attacks against PEOPLE on both sides needs to cease immediately. It's not going to end well if it doesn't.

just wanted to make a small correction to your statement, since people have been attacking ordinary people over this political nonsense for a much longer time and to be honest, I think that if that was being taken more seriously by the polywogs, maybe the insanity wouldn't have worked itself up to them being the targets.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

Thank you for clarifying.

I don't like the Clinton's, Obamas, or the Bush's for that matter.

They don't have the interest of the American people, but rather their donors (corporations).

But this is the fault of the American people for consistently voting them in, and not holding politicians accountable.

Violence is unacceptable and will only make matters worse, solidifying existing power structures.

We should be getting the 50% of Americans who don't vote involved in holding our employees accountable to the jobs they are elected to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Let's see how this develops and who is behind this.

Early new that the White House received a similar bomb and they are currently evacuating CCN in Time Warner in NYC because of a suspicious package..

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It was really only a matter of time before someone from the far-right took their "message" to the next step. The mindset of Trump supporters has been skewed toward considering any person who doesn't agree with their narrow point of view as not just being someone with whom they disagree with on an intellectual level - but it has been translated into thinking of those people as literal, physical "enemies" who must be "destroyed". Of course the weaker minded of the Trump supporters are going to eventually succumb to the temptation and actually try something completely stupid - this has been obvious since he was elected.

I see we have someone on here ALREADY claiming it's fake news and that it's some sort of Democrat setup - how very convenient.

(EDIT TO ADD: I've made an assumption that hasn't been proven yet about the perpetrators. If I am wrong I shall retract and revise my comment.)
edit on 24/10/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Noted and agreed with.
When people attack others they know nothing really about, it's very disturbing.

It's not going to end well if we keep going down that road.

I don't like many people's political stances, I would never hurt nor want to silence them however. Some on all sides, do not seem to agree with that.

We are ALL better than that.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

It was really only a matter of time before someone from the far-right took their "message" to the next step.

Not needed at this time or appreciated.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

The physical attacks against PEOPLE on both sides needs to cease immediately. It's not going to end well if it doesn't.

QFT

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Kryties

It was really only a matter of time before someone from the far-right took their "message" to the next step.

Not needed at this time or appreciated.

You might want to read my edit that was done well before you posted.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   
What sense does it make to bomb Obama and the Clintons and CNN? Their time is over and nobody cares.

This seems like it’s being done intentionally as psychological warfare, just as the 15K strong spontaneous caravan.

It’s all unbelievable for a reason!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
It was really only a matter of time before someone from the far-right took their "message" to the next step. The mindset of Trump supporters has been skewed toward considering any person who doesn't agree with their narrow point of view as not just being someone with whom they disagree with on an intellectual level - but it has been translated into thinking of those people as literal, physical "enemies" who must be "destroyed". Of course the weaker minded of the Trump supporters are going to eventually succumb to the temptation and actually try something completely stupid - this has been obvious since he was elected.

I see we have someone on here ALREADY claiming it's fake news and that it's some sort of Democrat setup - how very convenient.

(EDIT TO ADD: I've made an assumption that hasn't been proven yet about the perpetrators. If I am wrong I shall retract and revise my comment.)

It's odd that you say this since that doesn't seem to have ever been the case. Now I'm not for pointing fingers, it seems to me that a certain anarchist group that's been funded by one of the "bombing" victims may have more to do with this then we're all be lead to believe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join