It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The British #MeToo scandal which cannot be revealed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

A leading businessman has been granted an injunction against The Telegraph to prevent this newspaper revealing alleged sexual harassment and racial abuse of staff.

The British #MeToo scandal which cannot be revealed

Oh boy. Some big time dude is fixing to go down. I am hearing its Lord Sugar. Gonna be interesting.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

JUICY

Where are you hearing Sugar? Hearsay and rumours? Bigly if verified.
This use of NDA is shocking though. If I were the Telegraph I’d be peppering that story with clues for the cryptic crossword fans to puzzle over and get the info out that way...

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Kid works in London. Just rumor but the Sug has made some dodgy comments before. It shows how the legal system favors the rich.......and gypos.

a reply to: RitualReality

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   

lol there actually is a Lord Sugar? I thought it was like "hey there sugar" kind of pun.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Philip Green?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
NDAs shouldn't be used or even be legally viable when it comes to the potential of laws being broken. Not even sure of the legalities of a NDA in that regard.

That being said, accusations played through the media can be devastating to the wrongly accused. We got some awesome newspapers in the UK. Hell even the BBC's fell into this category in the past, they're usually on point with libel.

With all that being said, media plays a strong role in highlighting such issues, when it comes to laws and potentially informing others of the wrong un's in society I dare say they almost have a duty to print.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

lol there actually is a Lord Sugar? I thought it was like "hey there sugar" kind of pun.

You never heard of "The Apprentice"?

Stateside, the apprenticor is now POTUS...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It's a person trying to stop salacious reporting of an allegation. Many allegations are false and vexatious, but once that is revealed the damage to the accused has been done.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
So in the land of Savile, they want to block these people from being named in public? If there is enough evidence to prove that this "Businessman" is as they say, then they should release the name and state the evidence. Though in the land of Savile where certain unelectable "political figures" could be named as well, the members of parliament will surely fight tooth and nail to not allow for that nonsense. "For Queen and Country" they shout while trying to cover up the filth that they have. just sad.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: RAY1990
NDAs shouldn't be used or even be legally viable when it comes to the potential of laws being broken. Not even sure of the legalities of a NDA in that regard.

I don’t know about Britain, but in the US all convictions are public record (I think unless they’ve been expunged, I’m not sure how that works). I’m pretty sure arrests are public record, too.

NDAs are used when someone pays a settlement in a civil suit, not a criminal case. The matter is settled out of court and the person who signs the NDA is basically saying “I’m taking this extra large sum of money and agreeing it covers all the damage and I will never speak of this again.” Not all settlements have NDAs, it depends on how the settlement is negotiated. A settlement is also not an admission of guilt, though it is paying for a problem to go away, so it usually still looks pretty suspicious.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Thats what I thought too. Either way someone is obviously guilty because they paid people off.
We shall see....hopefully. there was that Cliff Richard episode though.

a reply to: RAY1990

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

The NDA didn't do Rhodry and Ryan Giggs any any favors ...... Just wait till

Twitter gets a hold of it!!
They are above the law on twitter

Truth will out....no where left for the rich to hide.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
So in the land of Savile, they want to block these people from being named in public? If there is enough evidence to prove that this "Businessman" is as they say, then they should release the name and state the evidence. Though in the land of Savile where certain unelectable "political figures" could be named as well, the members of parliament will surely fight tooth and nail to not allow for that nonsense. "For Queen and Country" they shout while trying to cover up the filth that they have. just sad.

What has this got to do with Saville? Saville was a child abusing criminal. This is a businessman who has apparently obtained an injunction to enforce NDA's in relation to civil claims, not criminal. Get real.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Meanwhile all the nonces in the long standing Westminster paedophile ring are free to continue their vile practices with impunity.

More deflection?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

True, but this story does not seem to be about nonces? Apparently, the "Businessman" might be named in PMQ's (ie privileged).

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

Of course you're right.

Any speculation on the person's identity is exactly that; unfounded speculation.

If his identity is going to come out into the public domain I can't imagine for one minute that he'll be a major Tory supporter or donor to the party coffers.

Philip Green has already been pretty much discredited and disowned so it would come as no surprise if he was offered up as the sacrificial lamb.

How about it being James Dyson, not exactly beloved of The Establishment and no doubt The Remainers would be overjoyed?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Peeps are being a bit hard on Dyson today. The dude did double the amount of engineeers in the UK.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:40 AM
link   

I don't think that this has anything to do with politics. It's about an investigation into allegations of sexual harassment/racial abuse by the Telegraph where the alleged victims have been paid off/silenced by signing NDA's.

I don't think the Govt is in control of this unless folk will say that the judiciary is the Govt etc, which is far from the case despite what some of our American friends think.

So, to speculation. Green - yes please! Revolting individual. Hope it's him. Dyson? Crossed my mind too. The beardy herbert with the pointy finger? Does not sound like his style. Who knows, though?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Peeps are being a bit hard on Dyson today.

To be fair he hasn't helped himself at times but since he came out as openly pro-Brexit The Remainers have done everything possible to discredit him.

For that one fact alone I hope its not him.

a reply to: oldcarpy

I don't think that this has anything to do with politics.

Ha ha.
You should know my friend that EVERYTHING has something to do with politics and pushing a political agenda.

So, to speculation. Green - yes please! Revolting individual. Hope it's him.

With you on this....a truly horrible human being.

Dyson? Crossed my mind too. The beardy herbert with the pointy finger? Does not sound like his style. Who knows, though?

I hope its not him....but he's certainly no friend of The Establishment.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If this is deflection, which it could be (could also be media grabbing hold of a story released by accident or whatever) then I don't think they would send Sugar to the slaughter house. He's a Lord after all.

Oh hang on - I just typed that then something in my head is telling me he is a labour doner, or at least was. Maybe the Tories would slaughter the Sugar.

<<   2  3 >>

join