It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media trying to make Nationalism a racist idea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So the whole, "Thank you for your service" to any US military person is a lie, because why else join the military if you aren't a nationalist.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Yes, they have been driving at that for a while now.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   
If you abide by the US Constitution, you are a nationalist.

Makes sense now how most leftists aren't nationalists and think it's a bad thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If you abide by the US Constitution, you are a nationalist.

Makes sense now how most leftists aren't nationalists and think it's a bad thing.

Lol. Uh no.

Lots of people abide by the constitution and don't consider their nation superior.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Uh, if you say so.

*shrugs*

If you think the Constitution sucks, then you might not be a nationalist.

In my opinion.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Sure. Just saying you can love the constitution and not be a nationalist.

Being a nationalist in order to be opposed to something else doeamt seem to be very productive.

I am sure glad I was born here, but i don't feel superior because of it. The problem with nationalism is it is extremely easy to control masses of people using it.

No way around that fact.

Regular old love my country nationalism isn't a bad thing. Getting into fights with people from your own country you think arent nationalist enough is counter productive and stupid.

If the liberal media didn't jump on all trump's cheap provocations what would people complain about?

edit on 23-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

He was recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder wasn't he?, not sure about the rest you wrote but I could've told you years ago that he has ups and downs like a rollercoaster.

He's a human being, with his own hopes and aspirations. He's a bit of an idiot but he can definitely read. Has a big heart too.

He's an egotistical so and so, it's why I mentioned what I did... Doesn't make him bad or evil, certainly doesn't make him an illiterate white supremacist either. It most certainly does not make his opinion any less valid either.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Celebrities are so lame unless they like my party then they are legit and should be taken seriously.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

I here you that there are definitely extremists and reasonable people on all sides

In fact in my video about half way thru I specifysay many left leaning people I know are nationalists, though they may not call themselves that

Nonetheless, the attempts by the media to make the word racist are obvious, and it shows the dangers of totally abandoning a nation state word view

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I think you're conflating being proud and being better.

One doesn't necessitate the other.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

I think you're underplaying the division in the country and the danger of nationalism turning ultra.

Like already in this thread we see a list of who is not nationalist. Traditionally that would be the start of who belongs and who doesnt...

And I said.

Regular old love my country nationalism isn't a bad thing. Getting into fights with people from your own country you think arent nationalist enough is counter productive and stupid. 

edit on 23-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   

That's simple, to better oneself whilst also offering some of the noblest things a person can offer.

Their time, dedication and commitment. It's not for everyone and definitely isn't restricted to so called nationalists.

I know a woman who was a medic in the army, lookin at her history and minus the military then you'd be inclined to call her a looney leftie
P

We needn't be so judgmental and pigeonhole people all our lives.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
So the whole, "Thank you for your service" to any US military person is a lie, because why else join the military if you aren't a nationalist.

I spent a lot of years in the USAF. My oath of enlistment, which I took many times over those years, has no expiration date. I will proudly carry the moniker “Nationalist” until I’m cremated (and after, if possible). That Nationalist identifier, on my part, is for MY country, The United States of America.

As an aside, I never need a thanks either. I proudly volunteered to be one of the 7% that provides freedoms to the other 93%...everytime I raised my right hand for enlistments and reenlistments and now in retirement.
edit on 23/10/2018 by Lab4Us because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Saying someone is not nationalist, especially people who not only are not claiming to be nationalist, but saying those that are are racist, does not equate to calling for violence to those people

You should be far more worried with the people on power like the media calling people who say they are nationalist racist

Because the same people saying that have already told us it’s ok to punch racist or do extreme things to them

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I think you're underplaying the division in the country and the danger of nationalism turning ultra.

Not really. The division is huge and is growing. Has been for years!

One day sides will be drawn.

Hope I'm dead by then.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If you are not a nationalist you have no place in American politics.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If you are not a nationalist you have no place in American politics.

Yes I agree with that, using the definition of nationalist means looking out for America first

I don’t think people that aren’t nationalist should be attacked, kicked out of the country, or have any other bad thing done to them

But being in politics means serving the country and it’s citizens

If you are a politician that doesn’t have this country and it’s peoples interest first, you have no business being one

Which sadly is a lot of politicians particularly on the left but in the right as wel

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
lol, white men have been killing people for hundreds of years in the name of nationality. white nationalism is a thing.you people are delusional and hypocrites.

White nationalism is a type of nationalism or pan-nationalism which espouses the belief that white people are a race[1] and seeks to develop and maintain a white national identity.[2][3][4] Its proponents identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.[5] White nationalists say they seek to ensure the survival of the white race, and the cultures of historically white states. They hold that white people should maintain their majority in majority-white countries, maintain their political and economic dominance, and that their cultures should be foremost.[4] Many white nationalists believe that miscegenation, multiculturalism, immigration of nonwhites and low birth rates among whites are threatening the white race,[6] and some argue that it amounts to white genocide.[6]

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Saying someone is not nationalist, especially people who not only are not claiming to be nationalist, but saying those that are are racist, does not equate to calling for violence to those people

You should be far more worried with the people on power like the media calling people who say they are nationalist racist

Because the same people saying that have already told us it’s ok to punch racist or do extreme things to them

It really don't see a fault or a reason to be more scared by any particular side. At the moment I see far more people who are left turned off by left wing politicians and messages. But the democratic party has collapsed so..

As far as the right I see a lot more water carrying in the public for their politicians.

When in reality they haven't done anything but lie. No healthcare fix, no immigration debate, no budget control and more deficit spending.

But the tax cuts....yeah meaningless until budget restraints.

So for independents just trying to go about our lives both sides constant reaction to each other are the scary thing.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   

It's why I mentioned the attempts to reclassify racism and it's definition.

I'm white, in a predominantly (oooh dominant in a word...TRIGGERED) white country. I've experienced racism.

I don't care what anyone with a PhD says, when an individual person is set about and verbally abused due to colour of skin then I shall call that racism. I'm old fashioned like that.

Water off a ducks back, I can defend myself. I find it sad that perceived threat and victimisation doesn't exist because the individual wasn't a minority though.

I'm not keen on people redefining words or their meanings to suit their political diatribe. It's manipulation, it's not the natural evolution of words. It's basically malicious, IMHO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join