It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing like being excluded from the work lottery pool because you are POOR!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I am so mad right now..

SO I work for a small local company with less than 20 employees. Well they all had a lotto pool going and not ONE asked me. When i asked around I was found out it was because they knew I couldn't afford the minimum buy in. Are you F*&^%&$^ kidding me?! Wow. Nothing like being kicked while you are already down. I am the ONLY one who works here who is a single mom that has zero support or child support for that matter. I make crap pay, have ZERO benefits and am worked like a horse. I am so beyond annoyed at this moment. How discriminatory is that?! I don't get easily offended but I AM now. I could have given $4 but $20 is a bit out of my budget and yes I literally live pay check to pay check down to the penny. $20 is a couple packs of meat to me for dinner for the week.

I am going to buy my two tickets and will every single witch incantation I know for wealth so I win.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Meh think of it this way they excluded you from their idiots tax.

I think it really sucks of them to exclude you though like this, seems like a really crappy move and then to tell you that they does this is just adding to it. Why not just ask you if you want it and let you decide if you can afford it or not?

I guess you could try to see a positive in it, in so much as they perhaps didn't want to put you under more pressure.....but nah its just a really sucky way to behave.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=23884933]mblahnikluver[/post

what kind of job is it?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver
I am so mad right now..

SO I work for a small local company with less than 20 employees. Well they all had a lotto pool going and not ONE asked me. When i asked around I was found out it was because they knew I couldn't afford the minimum buy in. Are you F*&^%&$^ kidding me?! Wow. Nothing like being kicked while you are already down. I am the ONLY one who works here who is a single mom that has zero support or child support for that matter. I make crap pay, have ZERO benefits and am worked like a horse. I am so beyond annoyed at this moment. How discriminatory is that?! I don't get easily offended but I AM now. I could have given $4 but $20 is a bit out of my budget and yes I literally live pay check to pay check down to the penny. $20 is a couple packs of meat to me for dinner for the week.

I am going to buy my two tickets and will every single witch incantation I know for wealth so I win.

You know, #metoo. As the owner of my company, not one person has asked me about the lotto either. I mean, I just write their paychecks and such, pay the payroll taxes etc. What gives? Why are my feelings never considered?

This is a cruel world. Tell you what. Ill paypal you the $16 and if you win, well don't forget the name.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Where I work is like highschool, full of cliques and gossip. I keep to myself mostly because I honestly have no desire to befriend anyone here. I am the odd woman out but it's ok I'm use to it.

I would think they would at least ask and take what I could afford. Does it REALLY matter how many tickets I buy? I mean ridiculous. I honestly can't wait to be done with this place. It's literally like being in HS again. I hate it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

I have to say, every time I come across you on these boards it seems to be you complaining about your job.

Now I have had my fair share of crappy jobs so I know that it sucks but I think for you, you just need to either get a new job or try to change your perspective on it and start looking to find some positives.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I take it the new job didn't pan out?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SR1TX

HAHA deal!

There are not even 20 people and the funny thing is when they would discuss it they would whisper around me like i couldn't hear them. It's so childish.

If they had asked I might have said no because I don't have $20. I only have actually $7 from a scratch off I've been playing over and over for months. I bought a $10 one about 6 months ago and won $20. I have since only bought lotto tickets and scratch offs with the winnings lol it's how I play. So with my $7 winnings I will get 3 tickets and 1 scratch off and cross my fingers lol but I am sure I'll be back to work tomorrow lol

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
I take it the new job didn't pan out?

Nope they actually hired my co-worker which surprised everyone because he is TERRIBLE at underwriting! I was really pissed off. The only thing he has over me is a degree which is BS because I have far more experience and can actually do the job but it is what it is. I'm use to this crappy work force in Florida. I will start my own business in December and hopefully in a year I won't have to work for anyone but me

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Where I work is like highschool, full of cliques and gossip.

If it's like high school have you considered giving some of them a wedgie or a noogie to teach them a lesson?

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I have to say, every time I come across you on these boards it seems to be you complaining about your job.

I like my actually job. I can't stand who I work for. They are so full of it. They lie to customers AND people they interview. It's why so many people quit. If I could quit I would. I apply daily for new jobs but pickings are slim where I am. They do some very shady insurance stuff that is so very illegal.

Now I have had my fair share of crappy jobs so I know that it sucks but I think for you, you just need to either get a new job or try to change your perspective on it and start looking to find some positives.

Oh there are no positives other than it's a paycheck. I have no insurance of any kind, ZERO benefits. Nothing, nada. If I am sick I am home and don't get sick time. If I take off of work for whatever reason there is no holiday pay. Yea there is no real benefit here. I like what i do I just don't like who I work for.

I am going to be starting my business in December! I am soooo very happy about that. My lovely sweet Dutchman is going to finance my business. I make jewelry and art work. I have always wanted to do this for a living but couldn't afford all the supplies and equipment to start so he is going to help! He said he knows I will be much happier doing what I love and working for myself and he couldn't be more correct! He tells me to think about a year from now and how things will be different. I will be working for myself and hopefully half way to moving to Holland with my son. He is quite supportive!

I vent on here because it's the only place I can vent. I don't discuss my life on Facebook, just the rant forum lol

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Well sweetheart this is whats wrong with society that you've inadvertently discovered.
They know you'd struggle to enter so they exclude you but in actual fact it would only cost them one dollar each to chip in hand you a ticket and say good luck we know you'd be a worthy recipient and show you in the process that your a valued member of their little hellhole while their at it.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
" This is a cruel world. Tell you what. Ill paypal you the $16 and if you win, well don't forget the name. "

Noble but still you want your cut.
edit on 23-10-2018 by ALSTA because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Should have bought your own to begin with.

Less people to split the winnings with.

Chances are the jackpot will be shared with multiple winners like the last BIG one.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Meh, no one ever asks me about things where I work either, but that's OK. I mostly keep to myself so I shouldn't expect them to.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Reply to AugustusMasonicus

HAHA that is a great idea!

I worked in a bar with drunk strippers for years and let me tell you it was a MUCH happier environment! I never in a million years thought i would say that but it's a fact.
edit on 10/23/2018 by mblahnikluver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Should have bought your own to begin with.

Less people to split the winnings with.

Chances are the jackpot will be shared with multiple winners like the last BIG one.

I did, well will after work. It won't be what they all chipped in but I got my ticket, my bf's numbers and one of my friends who is actually an ATS member. He is the one non family member that if I actually won the lotto he would get a nice chunk to retire and travel the world. He's good people and he has been a great friend to me over the years.

How funny would it be if I won hahaha. I would quit in such an epic way.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I like my actually job. I can't stand who I work for. They are so full of it. They lie to customers AND people they interview. It's why so many people quit. If I could quit I would. I apply daily for new jobs but pickings are slim where I am. They do some very shady insurance stuff that is so very illegal.

Oh there are no positives other than it's a paycheck. I have no insurance of any kind, ZERO benefits. Nothing, nada. If I am sick I am home and don't get sick time. If I take off of work for whatever reason there is no holiday pay. Yea there is no real benefit here. I like what i do I just don't like who I work for.

I am going to be starting my business in December! I am soooo very happy about that. My lovely sweet Dutchman is going to finance my business. I make jewelry and art work. I have always wanted to do this for a living but couldn't afford all the supplies and equipment to start so he is going to help! He said he knows I will be much happier doing what I love and working for myself and he couldn't be more correct! He tells me to think about a year from now and how things will be different. I will be working for myself and hopefully half way to moving to Holland with my son. He is quite supportive!

I vent on here because it's the only place I can vent. I don't discuss my life on Facebook, just the rant forum lol

Just move to Holland now. You'd be surprised how many problems you can eliminate if you just hit eject.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well, I probably wouldn't get into a lottery group where they want twenty bucks for a drawing. I know they want to increase the odds, but that equates to forty bucks a week for one game. I would rather buy on my own. I have never participated in one of those lotto groups and never will.

In our family, if one wins big, we all win. I will not directly split the whole winnings though with my kids and brother and nieces, Other wise I will never see them again. My wife would move to Hawaii, I am not going there. My one daughter will move away, the other daughter and their kids will travel the world. I will be stuck here alone...but if they have to come visit to get more money...I will get to see them. On top of that, if I gave them their whole share all at once they would blow it buying things they do not need. You need someone to look over the money.

It would be a curse to win the lotto anyway. Everyone would be trying to get some of it. I would work with my youngest daughter and try to start a couple of businesses here to give people jobs. Jobs that do not take away money from other local businesses so they cannot make it. I like being symbiotic...not dominate and put other businesses out of business. I would start small factories making something that people need and that way money will flow into the business to pay wages. I do not need to make profit, but if you have a self supporting business which employs people, then you are helping the area.

I do not believe in charities that give money to the poor, I would rather see them be able to earn a livable wage if they can work.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Meh, no one ever asks me about things where I work either, but that's OK. I mostly keep to myself so I shouldn't expect them to.

I keep to myself too but it's such a small office.

I remember a while back someone thought i hated them because I didn't talk to them. This person is 20. I flat out told her I don't know her to hate her. I am really not at work to make friends or be best buds. i am a firm believer of keeping business and friendship separate otherwise you get the catty drama that goes on here. You should see when someone new starts, there are some legit "mean girls" like from the movie. They tried that crap with me but I put them all in their place the first time they tried it. Ironically enough they didn't bother me too much after that but I am never asked out for their girl meet ups, not that I would ever go but being asked would just be nice.

Soon I will work for myself and will be sooooo much happier!! This time next year I hope to be working for myself 100% if not at least 75%

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join