It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Finds Perfectly Rectangular Iceberg In Antarctica As If It Was Deliberately Cut

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here on ATS some of my favorite threads have been about anomalous features on the surface of Mars, including those that look like structures constructed by some sort of intelligence. Chances are high that these are just pareidolia or "natural" formations that look like buildings. NASA has released an image of an iceberg that shows how natural forces can create landscape features that appear to be manufactured:

FORBES SOURCE ARTICLE

NASA just shared a stunning image of a nearly perfect rectangular iceberg in Antarctica. The monolithic slab of ice, floating just off the Larsen C ice shelf appears quite unnatural given the 90-degree angles. NASA took the image as part of Operation IceBridge, a mission to image Earth's polar regions in order to understand how ice (thickness, location, accumulation, etc.) has been changing in recent years. While the iceberg is quite strange to look at, it is an entirely natural phenomenon. Most of us are used to seeing pictures of angular icebergs with just a small tip jutting out of the water. However, there is an entirely different type of iceberg called tabular icebergs. Tabular icebergs have steep, nearly vertical sides and a flat plateau top. Tabular icebergs typically break off of ice shelves, which are tabular bodies of thick ice. When there is a clean calve of the iceberg, the angles can be close to 90 degrees. In this case, the iceberg is likely not very old as wind, waves and sea spray will eventually winnow away the sharp edges of this iceberg and round it out, Kelly Brunt, a NASA scientist, told Live Science.

NASA also found a TRIANGULAR iceberg (looks like that piece of pizza I lost in the freezer):

edit on 10222018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Wonder if it could be a remnant of the ice warships we tried to build during WW2.

Perhaps an early attempt before the Pykrete stages?

ETA: I didn't read fully. Doesn't look 'natural' to me. Appears to be 'cut'
edit on 22 10 2018 by SlowNail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

That is very very cool.

Would be interesting to see what it looks like underneath. I suspect no where as 'clean shaven' as the top.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Space laser practice.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

edit on 22-10-2018 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Just one of God's icecubes for his daily cocktail.

Live and let live

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

HAARP'S carving the wedding cake.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This (image in the Op) is the only image (of the rectangular iceberg)?

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy
Space laser practice.

They couldnt wait for the ice to thaw naturally and reveal all the secrets so they decided to help...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Antarctica version of Crop Circles.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
moar pics!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
BS. Nature doesn't make square anything. Its hard enough for us to make consistent squares at a factory situation. We are all constantly being told what to think. Its all BS. Certain people on this planet are bullies and manipulators trying to get others to believe and do for them. The law of enthropy covers what happens when nature does its thing.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Interesting. Look's like a smaller one bottom left. Almost seems as if they covered something up so we couldn't see. Yet used a natural phenomenon as opposed to just blotching it out. It could be what they say...

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal
BS. Nature doesn't make square anything. Its hard enough for us to make consistent squares at a factory situation. We are all constantly being told what to think. Its all BS. Certain people on this planet are bullies and manipulators trying to get others to believe and do for them. The law of enthropy covers what happens when nature does its thing.

Do cubes count as being squares? How about salt crystals or pyrite?

No, this isn't BS, it's wombat scat:

edit on 10222018 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Nope it's definitely tell by the color it's an alien base headed to the tropics for summer. Somebody sat on the cloaking switch.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It looks too perfectly cut to me. Could it possibly be related to this? nypost.com...

edit on 22-10-2018 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Something did that and it wasn't nature.

WW2 ships, I doubt governments stopped doing stuff 70 + years ago... technology moves forward and Antarctica is a perfect place to test "the good stuff".

Though I prefer a different planet like Mars for he real crazy crap... just in case.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
It looks too perfectly cut to me. Could it possibly be related to this? nypost.com...

Sounds like a super villain plot!

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

This is an often spouted factoid that doesnt tend to hold water for long, especially when considering ice, or any crystalline grain structure.

Even Minecraft has circles...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join